Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon MB D10

• 03-09-2008 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Any of you D300 users got the MB D10 grip, Got it last week, have not got the second battery yet so am using the aa cartridge with 8 AA batteries, I have not noticed any increase in the fps, does anybody know if I need to use the other cartridge supplied and use a second Nikon Battery to get the increase.

Happy with the way my camera is balanced with the grip on and the extra Shutter button and controls are great!

Any toughts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

You should get the 8 fps with good quality AA batteries. The other route is to get an EN-EL4a battery but then you will need the MH-21 charger and BL-3 adapter. If you click the ? button on the back of the camera it will tell you how many fps you are getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Didnt know that about the ? button, cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Where did you get the Grip & how much was it?

I do want one, mainly for the balance & second shutter button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Friend was in NY and got it for me in B&H for about 250$ Berminghams have them for €315

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

I got an MB-D80 on ebay last year for about €120 - made sure it was genuine though. There are MB-D10 grips there for about €180 at the moment - if you're tempted, don't even consider the Hong Kong or China ones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I was considering one of the copies but was waiting to hear if anyone had experience with them.

Be interested to know what you know about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭cooligPhoto

All I know is I'd be wary of copies - I'd rather spend a little extra to safeguard my camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

Any of you D300 users got the MB D10 grip, Got it last week, have not got the second battery yet so am using the aa cartridge with 8 AA batteries, I have not noticed any increase in the fps, does anybody know if I need to use the other cartridge supplied and use a second Nikon Battery to get the increase.

Happy with the way my camera is balanced with the grip on and the extra Shutter button and controls are great!

Any toughts

There's an option (D11) in the menu called - Battery Order - set to 'use MB-D10 batteries first'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lukaty

Did ony one tryied copied one, as there is significant diffrence in price ?

I have decided to keep the Genuine one on my wish list.

Was tempted by a copy but feel I would regret it. I feel it would become a case of "Buy Cheap Buy Twice"

If anyone is looking to Bribe me ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lukaty

CabanSail wrote: »
    I have decided to keep the Genuine one on my wish list.

Was tempted by a copy but feel I would regret it. I feel it would become a case of "Buy Cheap Buy Twice"

If anyone is looking to Bribe me ... ;)

That's what I do as well, but had to ask :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

quilmore wrote: »

I can highly recommend the first option there. I got one to use with a genuine Nikon grip.

I decided against the En-el4 (D3 battery) option, partly because of the cost associated with the battery itself, and the annoying extra little cap that you need for the grip, but mostly because I'd need to acquire a charger as well.

The Phottix battery gives the full 8fps performance (and boy does it sound fantastic at full tilt:D) with the advantage of the charger thrown in. The battery life is astonishing.

I love the feel of the D300 with the grip on, but find the second shutter release button position counter-intuitive. I'm getting used to it though. As regards original vs cheap copy, I had a cheapie grip for my D50 and wasn't overly impressed (well maybe I liked it enough at the time, not having anything to compare it to!) but the real thing is a completely different animal. It sits so well on the camera and just feels so solid, I'd really hesitate to recommend a 3rd party grip over a Nikon one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

CabanSail wrote: »
    Was tempted by a copy but feel I would regret it.

I once bought a $60 grip for a D200 thinking same as you, end up using it for almost 2 years, sold it on and the guy who has it has used it since without a problem

in fact, I know of people with the original grip that went through a lot of problems as some clips kept breaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I got the MB-D10 when I got my D300 in February. I love it, makes the camera feel more substantial. I only have an en-el3 in it though, so only get 6 frames. I never take it off, makes me think I have a D3:D

Advertisement