Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body Slimmer tabs

• 03-09-2008 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi appologises if this has already been talked about but my sis wants to used the above diet tab and I just wanted to know if anyone has used them and what you thought of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

This has nothing to do with a healthy diet and nutrition tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jojo88

well my reason for posting it here is that i noticed other threads like mine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭mack1

jojo88 wrote: »
    Hi appologises if this has already been talked about but my sis wants to used the above diet tab and I just wanted to know if anyone has used them and what you thought of them.

To be fair, neuro's right, tablets are no solution - if your sister is overweight it is because she eats too much and moves too little, tablets aren't going to change that. She needs to change the lifestyle choices that lead to the weight gain if she wants to lose it - there is no magic pill!

I couldn't agree more with you on this as I have tried to encourage her to try councelling..

I just don't how to best support her in this battle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I think when you struggle with your weight you have to come these conclusions for yourself - I suggest you speak your mind to your sister in a loving way, and maybe even direct her to this forum - there's lots of support and help to be had here if anyone should want it - I have experienced it myself.

Fast-track weight-loss yields short-term results and messes up your metabolism, making future weight-loss even more difficult. I am sure she knows this but is desperate. I know the feeling, but there's only one way to shift weight, and that's through sensible diet and regular exercise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I took Ultra Skinny Mini for a month when I was starting off, but I also totally changed my diet. The tabs I felt were just psychological, to make me feel like I was gonna lose weight quicker, where in fact it was the diet that did it. But it still made me feel good, like I was doing something, and it gave me a goal and a reason to do it. I didn't bother getting another bottle, but I have continued my diet, or more like, my eating habits have remainedtotally changed.

How overweight is your sister? Maybe to help, you could both go on the same diet (whether you need to or not), so you can support each other and help each other. Just change the way you eat, rather than announce "I'M ON A DIET!!". Just makes it easier on yourself. People won't have any expectations that way. Here's me sounding like the expert but I don't eat like I ate 2 months ago and I've lost a stone, just by cutting out bread, cheese, processed foods, snacks and sweet things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I've tried out most of the tablets out there, and can safely say that very few of them do anything useful, and some have very anti-social side-effects.

However, sometimes if you are taking an expensive tablet, it's an incentive to keep your diet on track and actually get into the gym and lift weights. In the end, it all comes down to diet and exercise.

I think when you struggle with your weight you have to come these conclusions for yourself - I suggest you speak your mind to your sister in a loving way, and maybe even direct her to this forum - there's lots of support and help to be had here if anyone should want it - I have experienced it myself.

I have told her about this great site so I'm sure she will log and get lots of support here. thanks for your suggestion.

Advertisement