Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC BB Disappearing at night and painfully slow in the evenings:(

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

dodzy wrote: »
    Hi Cahir, visit from said engineer tomorrow AM. Have not had any success getting into the modem. Will let you know how we get on. By the way..... connection is deadly tonight. Typical !:mad:

Yup, murphy's law, when they call out it's always zippin along!! I'm in the city centre(d1). How about you? Very interested to see how you get on....

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Im in the D4 area, and the past few days have been horrible. I tried changing my dns servers on one of the other laptops, which seemed to help for a little bit, but it didnt really do anything.

The connection was dropping every few seconds, meaning the internet crawled to a stop, and nothing that required a constant connection would work, msn/ps3 etc etc.

I have been with UPC or NTL since it has been available, and i have never had it slow down so much. I have noticed the internet slow before, but this is unreal, and for the first time im thinking about ditching them for a slower more reliable service.

I wouldnt mind if my connection slowed because of contention ratio, I understand that, but if it keeps dropping in the evenings like it has been the past while ill be ditching them.. Its just unaceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,997 ✭✭✭dodzy

Yup, murphy's law, when they call out it's always zippin along!! I'm in the city centre(d1). How about you? Very interested to see how you get on....

Well. its now 9.13am. Engineer will be here shortly. The reason I know that is.......Murphy's Law.

331255408.png

Typical:mad:

Anyway, I want that power level explained ( 61dbmV). If HQ says its too high, thats good enough for me.

Advertisement