Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furious with eircom

Options
  • 03-09-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

Right here goes...
    I phoned up eircom yesterday primarilary to find out when i am due their upgrade.
    Cut a long story short, i find out i am on a 2mb max line, yet i have been paying for 4mb for the last 2 years. I was unaware of this, and they say it was a 'transfer', which i assume has something to do with the broadband in the shop. I asked why it was transferred when we couldnt take the 4mb, and they said it was per my fathers request. Now my da knows nothing about technology, so it was clearly some salesman tactic to get us to pay over the odds for as long as we could.
    The cost of the max available to us is €30pm, yet we have been paying closer to €50.
    I spoke to cust services, but dont really know what to expect. He says it has been escalated to a 'formal complaint', but i am just so angry now. It would be somewhat bearable if the bb was half ways reliable!
    What do you think i am likely to get out of this, if anything?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You might be abit limited in getting money back what do there T&C's say about querying payements, some companys operate a 180 days policy on bills meaning that you have 6 months to query them,

Might be worth having a quick look over the T&C's and confirm what story is, ideally your looking for the price difference back for all the period or at the least for the period they allow as covered by there T&C's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Yeah hopefully, I mean the difference is something like €440.

The thing thats bugs me is that they said it was per my dad's request, but he wouldn't have a clue about broadband or anything.

I'm pretty good at negotiating deals on the phone so hopefully I will get something back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

get onto comreg, i know theyre useless, but eircom tend to listen more if you say you raised it with comreg

lmimmfn wrote: »
    get onto comreg, i know theyre useless, but eircom tend to listen more if you say you raised it with comreg

Thats a good idea, never thought of it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Comreg do **** all about billing issues.

CAI is your best bet for getting money back.
    http://www.consumerassociation.ie/contact.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thats fraud, simple as. they sold you the product knowing you couldnt receive it. ****in hate them

so glad i switched to nthell

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

copeyhagen wrote: »
    thats fraud, simple as. they sold you the product knowing you couldnt receive it. ****in hate them

so glad i switched to nthell

grass isn't always greener, everyone has bad experiences with companys and everybody has good experiences

Just got a refund for the difference between Home Plus and Professional (roughly €20) a month for over two years.

Nearly €500.

I like eircom again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nice one...glad everything worked out for you..
    Did you have works or threaten a solicitor on them?

nice one...glad everything worked out for you..
    Did you have works or threaten a solicitor on them?

No far from it i explained the situation and the guy i was speaking with organised a full refund. He genuinely seemed to be on my side throughout which helped things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Comreg aren't all bad.

We had a problem with eircom completely screwing up our bill (including doing some completely illegal things as it turns out).

We emailed comreg one night, by midday the next day a comreg liaison manager from eircom had rung us back, and by close of business everything was sorted!

So give comreg a try!

Advertisement