Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infared problems help

Options
  • 27-11-2004 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Iv bought the irda dongle of komplett and installed it.
    Im using my gx20 and when i try and transfer a photo it doesnt leave me and how do i transfer pics from my gx20 to my pc via irda? Any one no what to fix this?:(

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

This might sound idiotic but are you sure you have them perfectly lined up with eachother? irda is very tempermental...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Yeh they communicate but nothing happens from there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Are you sure you can send things on IRDA with a GX20? My experience with Sharp IRDA is that it is for Modem traffic only...

Then whats data transfer???When you turn on the irda it says for modem only so??????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

My wife has a samsung E600 and has a similar problem in that she cant send/recieve anything with my Nokia 6600. Mine works with my friends Nokia so either hers is limited to her own phone... or mine is.. im more inclined to believe its hers as Nokias are designed (espicially mine) for data transfer. Pity she has no bluetooth.

I notice if i have her IR turned on she cant go in to her pictures or anything without turning it off like its limited and will not send pics.. its odd.

• Advertisement

Im really trying to transfer pics from my gx20 to my pc via irda is "data transfer"the way to do it?The dongle shows you can tranfer data so hopefully you can anyone have a clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

I think vodafone have locked the infrared port on those phones. It's locked on my GX10 so i can't transfer pictures across and have to pay to send them by MMS.

My phone is simfree as i bought it.Maybe its the firmware....

But anywhoo if its locked then why does the data transfer still appear in applications if it has no use???????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

im not sure i understand the problem your having.

i have a cheap irda dongle and a sagem
    to send stuff to the phone you use the dongles program

to send stuff to the pc you go to pictures
    select a picture
    select options
    select send
    then you get to choose irda or mms when irda is active
    if its not it just tries to send it normally and asks for a number

have you tried something like that?

But i dont have the option to send via irda maybe a new window opens with all my pics? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

a new window?
    afaik you wont get a browser on the pc to lok at your pictures if thats what you mean.

the function to send is done from the phone itself
    when you send it youll get a warning on the pc about an incoming transfer if your ir software is like mine,
    it then aks you where to save too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Not sure about you... but did some research! On my wifes samsung.. direct transfer is shock horror.... NOT SUPPORTED ??

So maybe its something like that.. apparently if im reading it right you need to use Samsung software to transfer with IRDA... so maybe you need something similar..

Yeh you could be right like a sharp suite?like nokia i suppose but i have a sharp app on my pc but if i come to think about it its for the modem thanks :)

Now the big question is anyone no where to download the sharp dat suite??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems the Sharp GX20 is the same!!!!

http://www.sharp-mobile.com/europe/uk/faqs/viewfaq.asp?id=11

Ahh :mad: Thanx anyway :confused:

Success :D:D I used the handset manager i can transfer ,vidoes,pics,sounds!

Advertisement