Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Connolly Station to UCD

Options
  • 03-09-2008 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

Is there a bus that goes from Connolly train station to UCD and vice versa? Or do you have to walk to O Connell St. and then take a bus from there? I've tried to look up Dublin Bus timetables but as a total newbie to this, they are *slightly* confusing :p Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Nope, unfortuantely you'll have to walk to O'Connell St and take the 10, 46a/b/c/d/e. You could also take the 11 and it'l leave you either outside the Clonskeagh entrance or at the Sports Centre, depending whether its an 11, 11a or 11b.

From Connolly, you can also get the Dart as far as Sydney Parade and its about a 10-20 min walk from there.

On another note, and without meaning to hi-jack the thread, Im staying out in Rathmines this year, I'm planning on cycling it, but for days that the weather doesnt allow it (rain/ice etc), whats the best way of getting to UCD by bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

are you getting a DART to connolly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I'm planning on cycling it, but for days that the weather doesnt allow it (rain/ice etc), whats the best way of getting to UCD by bus?

From Rathmines walk to Ranelagh and get aforesaid 11 bus either to Clonskeagh to 11b right into campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Cheers,

Have never actually been on that bus before so didnt know exactly where it went, just know it goes throught city centre and UCD.

Is it reliable? Had a look at the timetable and it doesnt look too frequent. I ask because my roommate plans on bussing it the whole time.

Advertisement