Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locksmiths charges

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Including the tyre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

mick_irl wrote: »
    Including the tyre?

Fixed the tyre, quick and cheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Cost me 150 euro to get a locksmith out to unlock my car after I locked my keys inside.
    I couldn't break the window as it was a bank holiday weekend and I didn't think i'd be able to get a replacement window that day, and my housemate was away for the weekend so I couldn't wait for her to let me in to get my spares :(

It took him literally 2 minutes to unlock the door.

You can buy a lockpicking "gun" for around 80 euro and do it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

eth0_ wrote: »
    You can buy a lockpicking "gun" for around 80 euro and do it yourself.

I'd say you can only pick those up online?

Plus, you are hardly going to carry one around with you all the time on the odd chance that you lock your keys in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

mick_irl wrote: »
    I'd say you can only pick those up online?

Plus, you are hardly going to carry one around with you all the time on the odd chance that you lock your keys in the car.

Yeah, saw it online. Would be a handy thing to have...just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

eth0_ wrote: »
    Yeah, saw it online. Would be a handy thing to have...just in case.

Would it not be easier to carry a 2nd set of keys then a lock picking gun? And I'd say the Gardai would love any explanation for carrying a burgling device:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

foggy_lad wrote: »
    euro lock in wooden door, in Carlow town where the locksmith is also located, took less than 5minutes to take out the old and fit the new lock with the help of a hammer to break the old keyless lock.
    Get a new door. If it takes you 5 minutes to repair, it may take the thief less than 2 minutes to open it.

=-=

eth0_: look into how the "lockpicking gun" opens the lock, as some of the cheaper versions pretty much shreds the lock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jimlocksmith

its easy forl ocksmiths to open any lock within minutes

Advertisement