Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in Summerhill Area

Options
  • 03-09-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

hi all,

About two weeks ago we changed apartments.
    We're located in Summerhill area.

When visiting the property i've asked Agent if there are likely any problems with broadband. What i've heard was: "Not at all, previous occupant was connected with NTL, it's just a matter of opening account on that address".
    So I did. At least was trying to.

It is eighth working day today when calling on NTL Customer Service I hear: "Service unavailable, but strange previous occupant was having the services active, i pass it to our technical dept, they take care of you"

And they are taking the hell care of me:
    5 calls, 5 cases passed, 5 times my mobile number written down, 8 working days and nothings going on...

Even the operators not calling back when promised: in one day, in three hours, on Monday...

Any suggestions?
    Any other providers?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill move this to the broadband forum where you will get better advise on what service operator you can use in Waterford. :)

Topic Moved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Ol' righty

Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I'm in Summmerhill, Dublin. I presume you're referring to Summerhill, Waterford?

yep - moved from Waterford City Forum

well... from Summerhill, Dublin moved to Summerhill, Waterford
    love the name :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

UTV Internet, Eircom, EsatBT and Smart Telecom are all available in Waterford City. I think Digiweb and a couple of other less common broadband companies are also available. There are a few wireless solutions also - they often put up signs around the city.

NTL would be one of the popular providers in Waterford, strange to see your not getting proper customer service from them.

• Advertisement

For the time being I stick to o2 mobile broadband:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055372278

Advertisement