Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'd like to appeal my ban.

Options
  • 03-09-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

I'd like to appeal my ban.

I've already PM'd the acting moderator.

So now I'm here...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Some details would be handy.
    Where are you banned from?
    Link to why you were banned?
    Who banned you?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Some details would be handy.
    Where are you banned from?
    Link to why you were banned?
    Who banned you?
    Most of this information is now contained in modutils if you search for a users name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Peslo

Wow I did not expect such a timely response! I'm impressed.

I guess i'll star with the basics.
    Banned from TCD.
    Banned for, but i'm not admitting to, Trolling, Being Discouteous to other members, and not listeing to a mod's warning.
    Banned by Myth.

I've a huge gripe with the fact that i was not officially warned via PM nor had I recieved any infractions before the mod took action! I'm very embarressed by what's happened.

CuLT wrote: »
    Most of this information is now contained in modutils if you search for a users name.

Thanks CuLT.
    But I am of the opinion that if you want help with a banning, it's useful to put all the facts forward yourself.
    Being in the middle of a month end at the moment, I don't have time to go chacing around trying to find that info out.

Peslo wrote: »
    Banned for, but i'm not admitting to, Trolling, Being Discouteous to other members, and not listeing to a mod's warning.

Can you post a link to that thread?
    I've a huge gripe with the fact that i was not officially warned via PM nor had I recieved any infractions before the mod took action!

I have to inform you that no Mod on this site is oblidged to send a warning via PM, nor are they oblidged to infract first and then ban.

• Advertisement

I have to inform you that no Mod on this site is oblidged to send a warning via PM, nor are they oblidged to infract first and then ban.
    And that's fair enough. But I should not have been banned for not following a moderator's warning in that case.

And that's fair enough. But I should not have been banned for not following a moderator's warning in that case.

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion?

I will always ban someone who doesn't heed a warning. Often times, I don't even give a warning and ban out right, if the comment goes totally against the Charter/Rules.

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion?

I will always ban someone who doesn't heed a warning. Often times, I don't even give a warning and ban out right, if the comment goes totally against the Charter/Rules.
    And again i agree with you. There are times where a a user must be slammed with the maximum penalty. But my point is, I was not warned before i was banned, yet one of the reasons for my ban was for not following a moderators wanring!

When i link that thread you may agree that i was very harshly done by.
    I do not think that my case warrented all superceedance of warnings and infractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Moderator warnings are not always given directly to users. They are often posted on-thread and given as a general warning to all users. Failure to heed these warnings can often result in a ban.

Edit:
    Here you go, here's your warning:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57124827&postcount=5

Reading the thread, it seems perfectly warranted.

• Advertisement

But my point is, I was not warned before i was banned

You were indeed warned --> link

You were indeed warned --> link
    I do not see how i caused offence when i clearly put LOL in my comment prior to that indicating that there was humour invovled.
    And the moderators "warning" totally blew over my head due to the non-serious nature of my comment and the "LOL" in the mod's comments indicating that he too was keeping the non-seriousness going.

A bit harsh to then turn around and say that was an official warning!

Can I hear DeVore's oppinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Maybe, if he decides to respond, but it's unlikely.

You were warned. Very clearly. Sarcasm doesn't come across as well in text format but Myth's sarcasm had big foghorns attached to it. You couldn't have missed it.

You've been banned for a week. Get over it.

Can I hear DeVore's oppinion on this?

You should probably hope not. Get him on a bad day and he'll most likely do a lot worse than a one week ban.

You should probably hope not. Get him on a bad day and he'll most likely do a lot worse than a one week ban.
    I'll take my chances. And after DeVore, I want Cloud.

I have a suggestion.
    I feel it was very unfair and extremely insensitive to ban me from the TCD thread.
    Eh, hello - First year student here!! Most of you know what it's like, it's all very exciting and there's so many questions, everyday seems like an iternity...
    So I was hoping you guys could lift the ban until the first week of lectures?? Then have the ban re-commence for a FULL seven days?
    Please??? It's just real important to have such access to the wealth of knowledge from users and moderators alike.
    So... please.......... :(

I'll take my chances. And after DeVore, I want Cloud.

LOL
    Quit while you're ahead. Seriously.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

lol... yeah.

I'm not concerned about the week ban, I dont think with your attitude you are going to last on the site for a month so *shrug*...

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    lol... yeah.

I'm not concerned about the week ban, I dont think with your attitude you are going to last on the site for a month so *shrug*...

DeV.
    That's funny.... Seeing how this account has been active since JANUARY!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I have a suggestion.
    I feel it was very unfair and extremely insensitive to ban me from the TCD thread.
    Eh, hello - First year student here!! Most of you know what it's like, it's all very exciting and there's so many questions, everyday seems like an iternity...
    So I was hoping you guys could lift the ban until the first week of lectures?? Then have the ban re-commence for a FULL seven days?
    Please??? It's just real important to have such access to the wealth of knowledge from users and moderators alike.
    So... please.......... :(
    Any thoughts on my suggestion??

Ya. My thoughts are that if you keep this up, you're ban might just be extended.

Why???

Because you just don't know when to quit.
    DeV, one of the owners of this site has said his piece.
    As I said already, quit while you're ahead.

Because you just don't know when to quit.
    DeV, one of the owners of this site has said his piece.
    As I said already, quit while you're ahead.

No, i meant why are you on a power trip??

P.S. Thanks, but i know who DeVore is.

Where is Cloud these days?

No, i meant why are you on a power trip??

I've had enough of you.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement