Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Clinton at Electric Picnic 08

Options
  • 03-09-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

So... how was it for you? did the earth move?

I got to see George & co for the firs time last Summer at Tripod and fell in love with him and his cosmic grooves, but I didn't get the €240 together to go see him at the E-Picnic.

I found this awesome, but shaky footage on youtube where they sound great!

But I'd appreciate a chance to live it vicariously through any reviews from boardsies!

I want the funk!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It was pretty funky...my first time seeing him, we were all impressed....huge show must have been at least 20 on stage at one time....

I don't think he was headline material, the same goes for the sex pistols...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

I had been dying to see George Clinton at EP but I have to say myself and my mates were very disappointed with him, and actually left half way through his show. The funk was just too mellow and not enough to have a good bop to. Maybe he did pick up after that (a couple of my mates left early from Sigur Ros cos it was too slow and they ended up missing the best gig ever) but the first half hour or so wasn't enough to get us going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Great show top notch really got into his groove after a time a P-Funk extravaganza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

It was a religious experience! There's lots of pretty good vids of it on youtube now.

Advertisement