Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging and wireless connection

Options
  • 03-09-2008 1:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an eircom router/modem in the upstairs bedroom hooked up and running fine but i have the signal also being sent to one of the rooms downstairs by ethernet cable to the main pc.
    Is it possible to attach a linksys router/modem thet i have to this end and have wireless signal operation downstairs off it. I have wireless off the modem upstairs but its not strong enough downstairs and i was hoping to have 2 signals going one upstairs and one down and be able to connect to either depending where i was.

I thought i would be able to run concurent briding on the one upstairs and it would still give off a signal and then have the ne downstairs do the same but it doesnt seem to work.

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ok update on above, i have the routers both broadcating wireless but i need the ethernet ports on the one downstairs working but currently its only allowing wireless transmission.

How do i get the one downstairs to work on both wired and wireless, the one upstairs just needs to be wirless if it cant be both.

Advertisement