Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It pays to shop around....

Options
  • 03-09-2008 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

I finally sorted my .308 today. After doing a bit of window shopping I purchased this. Great & light with a shorter barrel & yes, I know, it fits the "I don't like the look of that" description, but I like it.

The thing is, and this bugged me, I went to a dealer (Name & location available if permitted to post) with my .22lr & my .223 CZ and asked for a price against the .308 which they were selling for €1,275.

The dealer offered me €850 for my two rifles against the €1,275. I said no straight away as my guns are immaculate & well kept. I must have had "Sucker" written across my forehead.

Today, I went to my usual dealer & he sold me the same .308 for €1,110 & gave me €1,000 for my two mentioned rifles. I feel alot happpier & look forward to taking possession of my latest addition. I'll admit it though, I will miss my .223....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

good for you trojan,well ware with the new toy :D its a sweet looking rifle, that 150 euro you saved in bringing them elsewhere came in handy no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

that 150 euro you saved in bringing them elsewhere came in handy no doubt!

Try €400 (ish)....... ;).

Yes, the €1,100 was cost price. It's being posted down to my dealer & hopefully will have it by friday.

The thing is, I thought I would have to go through the application process again as it is out of the .22 family, but my dealer says the Gardai will just strike through my .223 licence & amend it that way. Great if they do.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Indeed,well wear with the new shooter.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

That is a nice looking rifle, Watch out deer!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

A very nice Rifle, very accurate, enjoy.

Sikamick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

your'e right Trojan it pays€€ to shop around, a few years ago I was looking for a cz delux in .223 and priced around. Prices varied from €800 to €1100 in my area, in the end I bought it in Drangan co. Tipp. for €615 :eek: now thats a difference!! Let us know how you get on with it and best of luck with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Gorgeous rifle, but I have to laugh at the name - Varmint Tactical.
    Foxy gonna pop a cap in yo ass with the nine :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Mr. FOX to you kowloon, don't be dis'n the man!!

foxfightsback.jpg

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

best of luck with it TJ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Ya good luck with that gun it looks the business. BUT what are you going to hunt the old fox with now the 223 is gone ;)

Aim small...........

• Advertisement

clivej wrote: »
    BUT what are you going to hunt the old fox with now the 223 is gone ;) Aim small...........

The buddy still has his .223 & I will crew up with my shotgun, however I'm sure one night we will have a long distance fox to contend with. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Trojan911 wrote: »
    I finally sorted my .308 today. After doing a bit of window shopping I purchased this. Great & light with a shorter barrel & yes, I know, it fits the "I don't like the look of that" description, but I like it.

The thing is, and this bugged me, I went to a dealer (Name & location available if permitted to post) with my .22lr & my .223 CZ and asked for a price against the .308 which they were selling for €1,275.

The dealer offered me €850 for my two rifles against the €1,275. I said no straight away as my guns are immaculate & well kept. I must have had "Sucker" written across my forehead.

Today, I went to my usual dealer & he sold me the same .308 for €1,110 & gave me €1,000 for my two mentioned rifles. I feel alot happpier & look forward to taking possession of my latest addition. I'll admit it though, I will miss my .223....

I have it's brother. i have been unlucky with deer though. still waiting to se what it does to them in .308 versus my old sako 75 in 6.5x55.

i do find it very loud though through it having such a short barrell.
    do you find the same?

I am using Hornady 155gn TAP. I have only busted bunnies so far.
    It looks the dogs Bollix with Burris mounts and a nightforce 5.5-25x56 scope :D

Oh yeah, i love it coz it's green!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I
    I am using Hornady 155gn TAP. I have only busted bunnies so far.
    It looks the dogs Bollix with Burris mounts and a nightforce 5.5-25x56 scope :D
    Oh yeah, i love it coz it's green!!

messy

i do find it very loud though through it having such a short barrell. do you find the same?

Incredibly loud, ear plugs deployed at all times. :D

Made the mistake of not covering the ears properly for one shot whilst zeroing and suffered.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭damo03

I was about to start a thread with the same title but thought my experience would fit here. Firstly lovely rifle trojan. I was lookin for the fathers christmas present and decided on the clulite clubman deluxe, handy for checking the sheep and cattle :D. I went to clulites site and the price was 109 pounds so i called up to see what postage would be and was told they had an agent only 8 miles from my door so i called them and guess what the same light was 220 euro:eek:. So i called my aunty in england to organise to send the light to her and get it sent on. Then she got her hubby to go online and see could he find it any cheaper. The result is i have the light on its way with a cost of 110 euro including postage:D a saving of 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zen15

just to add lads, was in my local shooting shop saw a pair of le chameau boots 325 euros, got them today by post from scotts of norwich for 160 euros , exact same ,can't afford to shop here any more , damn shame

Thanks Damo03,

Here she is fully dressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Beautiful rifle Trojan, bet your looking for electronic ear muff for christmas.

sfakiaman wrote: »
    Beautiful rifle Trojan, bet your looking for electronic ear muff for christmas.

Now there's a thought.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

your'e right Trojan it pays€€ to shop around, a few years ago I was looking for a cz delux in .223 and priced around. Prices varied from €800 to €1100 in my area, in the end I bought it in Drangan co. Tipp. for €615 :eek: now thats a difference!! Let us know how you get on with it and best of luck with her.

I've always found Paul to be way way way cheaper than anyone else, bought all my recent guns from him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

nice Remi hope it serves you well, i've just bought a styer myself in 308 tis also a very short barrel, i'll be taking the lads tip on minding the hearing.. well ware

nice Remi hope it serves you well, i've just bought a styer myself in 308 tis also a very short barrel, i'll be taking the lads tip on minding the hearing.. well ware

Do you have any pics up yet?

3218048658_9894d76cf4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Beautiful piece, but, em..... is your bipod on backwards!? :confused:

Beautiful piece, but, em..... is your bipod on backwards!? :confused:

Well spotted, that's the second time I've been asked that :D ... Yes it worked for me that way for a bit as I tend to pull back slightly to keep the rifle solid before shooting it.

I have only recently reversed it and I'm going to lean into the shot for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Well spotted, that's the second time I've been asked that :D ... Yes it worked for me that way for a bit as I tend to pull back slightly to keep the rifle solid before shooting it.

I have only recently reversed it and I'm going to lean into the shot for the time being.

Cool, sorry for being a picky b@stard :o

Advertisement