Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is a stupid thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Just spotted this...Redspider hasn't posted once in this thread, either before or after this comment.......

New name my friend. Same avatar.

The disguise is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Des wrote: »

The disguise is crap.

hate all this name changing malarky. oh for the days of SeanSouth!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    oh for the days of SeanSouth!

He was a proper wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

The disguise is crap.

If it's not Redspider, which it probably isn't, I must apologise for working off the avatar rather than the name.

He was a proper wanker.

He didn't like being called Sean in reality either.

Draupnir wrote: »
    If it's not Redspider, which it probably isn't, I must apologise for working off the avatar rather than the name.

It is. He retorted to the namecheck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

There is any easy way to tell if it's redspider. Wait till after the next pool match and then look in the Superthread.;)

He didn't like being called Sean in reality either.

Some other wanker kept doing that to him.

It is. He retorted to the namecheck.

Well in that case, I take back any apology and double up on the fact that Redspider is telling lies in that post when he says Keane ended Haalands career.

• Advertisement

Some other wanker kept doing that to him.

That guy was a proper wanker alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

joker77 wrote: »
    Where did I say I'd give him a pat on the back? I've already said twice now I couldn't condone it.

You can try to wriggle your way out of it all you like, but what you've said both times is untrue.

And you can roll your eyes all you like, I'm just stating facts. Your cloudy judgement doesn't want to hear facts though.

But the Norwegian undermined his case in old comments on his own website which suggested Keane's tackle was not primarily responsible for his lay-off.

I was not aware that Haaland went back on his original word that Keane wasn't primarily responsible for his lay-off, my mistake and I'll admit that.

At least I'll admit that I was wrong, yet you have repeatedly dismissed my judgement when I've repeatedly stated that Carragher was stupid for going in on Song with malice.

It seems I'm not the only one with ears closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I would imagine the fact that it was also in a training session does mean that nothing can happen as it wasnt during a PL match, therefore would be an internal matter and not one for within the PLs jurisdiction.

this thread is a load of cock.

****ing idiotic thread.

I think Nasri clipping Bartons heals at the weekend intentionally was as bad as Keanes tackle.

Thats the equivelant of the ****e being spouted here.

Keane tackle thread no.346. Lets keep thing a bit more topical. How about things that happened this century :D

This thread should have been about Carras tackle alone since thats the new topic. Instead it was setup as a Utd V Liverpool dullfest.

ibh wrote: »
    There is any easy way to tell if it's redspider. Wait till after the next pool match and then look in the Superthread.;)

And if you start reading a huge post by this guy but fall asleep half way due to the incessant boredom of the content, you'll know its Redspider. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ibh wrote: »

an easier way would be if the post was put intentionally in the wrong thread and about......

................this long. and also mostly full of ****e :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

He said he "did him" in a 50-50 tackle. That's getting stuck in and possibly putting a knee in his thigh/calf or catching his ankle or winding him BUT it's not pre-meditated, no part of the body is aimed at, you just go in full throttle and more often that not injure yourself more than your opponent. It's not setting out with intent to "do him" in the sense of injuring him. I've often did lads with fair shoulders in training, for whatever reason, that have had them crawling off the pitch, they weren't happy about it, but it was legal.

• Advertisement

an easier way would be if the post was put intentionally in the wrong thread and about......

Redspider has changed his name AND he is only posting half as much ****e as he used to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

I would imagine the fact that it was also in a training session does mean that nothing can happen as it wasnt during a PL match, therefore would be an internal matter and not one for within the PLs jurisdiction.

this thread is a load of cock.

****ing idiotic thread.

I think Nasri clipping Bartons heals at the weekend intentionally was as bad as Keanes tackle.

Thats the equivelant of the ****e being spouted here.

My word. Are you that blinded by your 'loyalty' to Liverpool FC?? Its a disgrace that a) A player did this b) That people defend it, and c) Its written about with an air of pride!

These players are idolised by millions of kids, big and small if this forum is anyting to go on. Such an example is bad for football, and a horrible lesson to be teaching. People should be football fans first, football club fans second. No football fan should try in any way to condone such carcenogenic behaviour in our beautiful game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Redspider has changed his name AND he is only posting half as much ****e as he used to?

I am not this "Redspider". You are assuming because I have an avatar that has Spider-man in it that I'm this other person. Way to jump to conclusions.

JimiTime wrote: »
    People should be football fans first, football club fans second.

Wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Keane tackle thread no.346. Lets keep thing a bit more topical. How about things that happened this century :D

This thread should have been about Carras tackle alone since thats the new topic. Instead it was setup as a Utd V Liverpool dullfest.

crap, it did happen this century ;) Just had a quick check.

• Advertisement

I was actually suggesting that. The superthread would be the wrong place for such a post. It should be in the match thread. I informed him it was in the wrong place after the Villa game but got no response.

It would probably also include a fair bit about how Keane is not right for L'pool / Playing badly / ...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

In the last page, this threads credibility has gone up quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Carragher went out to do him - means he went to hurt him, could have been dangerous

we didnt and wont see the tackle so we cant compare which was worse.

But yes it was wrong thing to as was Keanes. Anyone defending both tackles are idiots imo. Switches go off in ppl, more so than others. But yes if Carraghers tackle was intentional and could have really badly hurt Song then yes he is "scummy" as Keane was with the AH tackle.

Anyhow who cares? We all know Keane was passionate, hard hitting and on more then a good few stages went well over the top illegally. Carragher in this context did also. He admits he did.

But anyways meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Way to jump to conclusions.

Ah it's the only exercise he gets :pac::pac::pac:

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Ah it's the only exercise he gets :pac::pac::pac:

How right you are! Des can vouch for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

none of us saw the tackle, so none of us knows the severity or how hard he went in.

but he did admit that he purposely went in "to do" a team mate.
    not comparing it to keane, why would we, but that alone is a disgusting thing to do and i cant believe anyone would defend it

imagine in training this year torres took the piss of say, voronin. Voronin went in hard on him and broke his leg by accident, ruling torres out until christmas at least. i wonder would any vitriol come from pool fans if he revealed he went in hard on him on purpose?
    or would it be dismissed like this incident has?

its not on the same level of keanes, but to totally dismiss it is showing up who wears the rose tinted glasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

podge018 wrote: »
    He said he "did him" in a 50-50 tackle. That's getting stuck in and possibly putting a knee in his thigh/calf or catching his ankle or winding him BUT it's not pre-meditated, no part of the body is aimed at, you just go in full throttle and more often that not injure yourself more than your opponent. It's not setting out with intent to "do him" in the sense of injuring him. I've often did lads with fair shoulders in training, for whatever reason, that have had them crawling off the pitch, they weren't happy about it, but it was legal.

Completely disagree - it is pre-meditated. quite clearly.

He says he waited for his chance, and when it came he 'did him' and didn't care that he had injured him. Your scenario isn't quite the same.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    crap, it did happen this century ;) Just had a quick check.

In fairness Carra's probably wasn't this century seen as he made his England debut in 1999!! :pac:

Wrong.

Right!
    Multiplied by infinity. I win:p

Seriously though. Supporting clubs is all well and good, but when it gets to a stage where one defends things which are to the detrament of football, its gone too far. No mature person should be that caught up in fanship. The game should always come first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

now you're just being delusional.

Carragher has come across as a bit of an idiot in some of the excerpts imo. some of them don't even come across as credible.

but still, there's a massive difference between Nasri's petulant little clip, and going out to hurt someone intentionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Jesus Christ!!!

Every single defender "does" players!

I actually can't remember a game of football where the commentator hasn't jokingly said "I think he was getting his own back there", or "he was letting him know he was there".

Lets be honest here.

Did Carra get insulted by Song, go off and brood over it for months, plan to get him back, and then months later come onto the pitch with the intention of breaking him?!

No.

Did Carra get insulted about his defending ability by Song, and then go out and show him how a defender tackles?

Yes.

Notice a few differences there?

Nobody can compare the tackles, cause we haven't seen Carra's but trying to compare a planned out, premeditated, months long revenge tackle, with an "I'll show him that I can defend" tackle, is a joke to be honest!

Redspider is in fact still just Redspider. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57106975&postcount=3599

Damn you SeanSouth with your causing of confusion and ructions and whatnot!

To have an on topic comment; Does anyone really care about this issue? At all? Even if it was a bad tackle, players often come to blows in training which is obviously far more serious, yet not even remotely an issue.

he said it was the first chance of a 50-50.

There was possibly a few 70-30s etc in his favour where he could have really "did him" but he went into a 50-50 and hit him hard.

You lads talking about preserving the beautiful game and a bad example to kids must never have kicked a ball in anger in your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

For me there's very little difference between the carragher situation and the keane situation for a couple of reasons.

1) Mindset: People are saying keane's tackle was the product of months of forethought and the desire for revenge. Makes him sound pretty crazy. But then you consider carragher says he was seething with rage due to his assumption that song was slagging him off to the franch speaking players. He hasn't been accused of diving when he's done his cruciate, he thinks he MAY have been slagged off by a teammate. And he wants to do him for it. And he took him out of the traiing session. God knows what he'd have done in keane's position!

2) He "did" him: this whole 50-50 talk is nonsense. If you've ever watched carragher play, every time there's a 50-50 he goes through the ball and doesn't worry too much about how much of the player he'll go through on the other side of the ball either (Nothing wrong with this in the least). His assertion that he was out to "do" song suggest that there was something nasty in it, not just a hard hit.

3) The fact that he was happy with the player being unable to continue training.

4) The level of injury suffered is not proportionate to the "scumbagness" of the tackle. Players have suffered terrible injuries from malicious tackles, players have walked away thanks to good fortune from malicious tackles. If you go out to hurt a player there is always a chance you could end their career whether that is your ultimate aim or not.

Both Keane and Carragher were out of order, to claim otherwise is just wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

he said it was the first chance of a 50-50.

There was possibly a few 70-30s etc in his favour where he could have really "did him" but he went into a 50-50 and hit him hard.

You lads talking about preserving the beautiful game and a bad example to kids must never have kicked a ball in anger in your life.

Some people are focusing on the intention to 'do' Song, and some are ignoring it completely.

If Carragher had said - first 50/50 tackle and I went all in, fine (although I would not like United players doing this to each other in training...) but he explicitly says he waited for his chance, yes WAITED, and when it came he DID him and didn't care that he had injured him. And he also says that he didn't know what Song was saying. He assumed Song was insulting him, so did him. Wonderful

Played for years. Still playing. Still never injured anyone, and still a hard tackling centre mid. Come accross alot of people with your attitude though, its a horrible part of the game. I've put in hard tackles, won and lost 50-50 battles. Gurantee you though, i never went out to 'do' anyone. If I have unintentionally 'done' anyone, I have the courtesy to apologise. I'm not a thug afterall! Assault is assault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

He was a proper wanker.

seconded.

he never says he waited.

JimiTime wrote: »
    Played for years. Still playing. Still never injured anyone, and still a hard tackling centre mid. Come accross alot of people with your attitude though, its a horrible part of the game. I've put in hard tackles, won and lost 50-50 battles. Gurantee you though, i never went out to 'do' anyone. If I have unintentionally 'done' anyone, I have the courtesy to apologise. I'm not a thug afterall!

you see that's where you, me and possibly Jamie Carragher differ.

If I go flying into a 50-50 to win the ball and do so, plus come out unscathed and the other guy is a bit winded or whatever, I call that doing him, and love it. Maybe Carragher does too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

tbh where is this thread going to go?

Why is it even in existence?? It started out as a brief discussion on Carraghers book in the Liverpool thread until, as usual, we're told what is or isn't relevent and then everything is taken out, put in as a thread and complete random and pointless bullsh!t ensues!

again, its an 8 or 9 year old training ground bust up! these happen in every club every week in every country. who cares.

Nowhere does he say Song walked out of training unable to continue either. You lads are just making stuff up!

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    For me there's very little difference between the carragher situation and the keane situation for a couple of reasons.

for me, you are talking **** cause you havent seen Carraghers tackle.

you see that's where you, me and possibly Jamie Carragher differ.

If I go flying into a 50-50 to win the ball and do so, plus come out unscathed and the other guy is a bit winded or whatever, I call that doing him, and love it.

I call it tackling, and its part of the game.
    Maybe Carragher does too.

Obviously not! He was wound up, because he thought someone was laughing at him, so he set out to 'do him'. Then was happy to see him limp away from training. That is an assault, hidden in a game of football! No different to some scumbag punching you.

I see your adding in your own fairytale too.

Finished with this.

• Advertisement

ffs, some real blouses on here, football is a mans game, nothing wrong with a player hitting someone hard

(which i would class as doing someone)

ffs, some real blouses on here, football is a mans game, nothing wrong with a player hitting someone hard

(which i would class as doing someone)

Depending on the team one supports, certain players are allowed to get away with more stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

for me, you are talking **** cause you havent seen Carraghers tackle.

True, but I'm referring more to the intent to hurt someone rather then the method used to hurt the person. There have been tackles that have been more dangerous than roy keanes that have had far less intent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

MOUNTAINS OUT OF MOLEHILLS

This is not deserving of its own thread and i resent the fact that it looks like i started it.

Giving it its own thread lends more creedence to the stupid accusations that are being made here by people trying to belittle Roy Keanes tackles on Haaland by either, 1)claiming it is something all pros do. or 2) saying well carragher did the same so you cant say anything.

What mod started this?
    I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say phb.....correct?
    Treachery!

I see your adding in your own fairytale too.

Finished with this.

:confused: It says he limped out of training. Carrying a knock. Carragher saying he didn't care. That is Malice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement