Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This is a stupid thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

JimiTime wrote: »
    ^^IBH and Monkey9: So you think its perfectly fine to go out to intentionally hurt a fellow player? As long as its disguised as a tackle?

Give it up will you.. He didn't go out with a fcuking sniper rifle.

Yea i think its fine to clatter into someone in training in a 50-50.

If an opponent laughs at Carra before a game i hope he gets lifted out of it in the first 50-50 tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

podge018 wrote: »
    ha ha, Jimi just keeps saying that Carragher set out to intentionally hurt him. He just made that up himself and now thinks it's fact. I bet he hasn't read the excerpt since yesterday morning.

:rolleyes: Ok smart @rse. Yes, I think he did. However, I haven't been arguing that point. I have quite categorically asked all those who are defending his behaviour. 'Is it ok to intentionally hurt a player?'. I'm not an idiot, It was clear yesterday that certain people just stand by 'their' club. I'm hardly going to delve into that idiocy. So maybe you could answer the question above now.
    Nothing to do with Carra, so don't worry, you wont be betraying your club.
    Is it ok to set out to intentionally hurt a fellow player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Scratching my balls is more interesting than this thread.

ibh wrote: »
    Give it up will you.. He didn't go out with a fcuking sniper rifle.

Yea i think its fine to clatter into someone in training in a 50-50.

If an opponent laughs at Carra before a game i hope he gets lifted out of it in the first 50-50 tackle.

Fup Carragher! Just answer the question. 'Is it ok to intentionally hurt a fellow player?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Scratching my balls is more interesting than this thread.

It's all Des' fault

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's all Des' fault

It's Carraghers' fault, the wuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's Mr Alan's fault for starting the thread in the first place!

*snigger*

Fup Carragher! Just answer the question. 'Is it ok to intentionally hurt a fellow player?'

Please catch a grip of yourself. This thread is about Carraghers book and especially the Song incident.

If you want to develop it even further i.e. flog an already dead horse, make a new thread.

I have answered your question in relation to this incident. I couldn't answer your question in general, because it depends on the level of hurt inflicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

You see her:
    allison-stokke-firestart.jpg

She doesn't give a **** about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Best. Thread. Ever.
    I can't stop laughin', I is gettin' queer looks from folk in work.

Where would we be without t'internet eh? Where would we be???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

if there is a finer sport than womens pole vault, I havent seen it!

Please catch a grip of yourself.

:rolleyes:

I have answered your question in relation to this incident. I couldn't answer your question in general, because it depends on the level of hurt inflicted.

Ok, so thats a yes. As I've been talking about INTENT. NOT the tackle. Thank you. Its a shame people think that way IMO. Football would be better without such things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

'Is it ok to intentionally hurt a fellow player?'

No.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Best. Thread. Ever.
    I can't stop laughin', I is gettin' queer looks from folk in work.

Where would we be without t'internet eh? Where would we be???

Its certainly helped pass another slow day at the office anyhoo:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Jimi you might be having that slow day at the office because that 2 inch wide vein trobbing on the side of you head is scaring people away from actually asking you to do anything:D

I feel for the employers.... productivity downhill :D

podge018 wrote: »
    'Is it ok to intentionally hurt a fellow player?'

No.

Great! Good to see.

Ok, so thats a yes. As I've been talking about INTENT. NOT the tackle. Thank you. Its a shame people think that way IMO. Football would be better without such things.

It's not a yes, i told you that i can't give you a sweeping answer that covers every incident where an opponent gets hurt.

I don't care to argue back and forth with you abou intent. I answered the question in relation to this incident. Next time a player gets injured by a fellow professional, get back to me and i'll let you know if i condone it.

elshambo wrote: »
    Jimi you might be having that slow day at the office because that 2 inch wide vein trobbing on the side of you head is scaring people away from actually asking you to do anything:D

LOL. You might be right.

I don't care to argue back and forth with you abou intent.

LOL. You do realise that thats what this whole thing has been about? Intent. I mean, how could we assess the challenge? No-one seen it. The only thing that has been up for discussion is 'Intent'. You know, intention, with the intending, and some of that intent.

I know how ye feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Any pool fans left under the illusion that Carra isnt a scumbag following the latest excerpt?

If so rose tinted glasses is no longer the apropriate term its more akin to being part of some religous cult, personally hope his next piece encourages mass suicide tbh prob best way out :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Any pool fans left under the illusion that Carra isnt a scumbag following the latest excerpt?

If so rose tinted glasses is no longer the apropriate term its more akin to being part of some religous cult, personally hope his next piece encourages mass suicide tbh prob best way out :D

working class lad from deprived area in 'not an angel' shocker. Wayne Rooney expresses his shock and surprise..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Kop on, will you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just a side note, can everyone see if people get infractions for posts yet? It should be a little yellow or red card in the bottom right of posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

PHB wrote: »
    Just a side note, can everyone see if people get infractions for posts yet? It should be a little yellow or red card in the bottom right of posts?

Yeah I can see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Ooh thats an excellent little feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

yea i can see it also.

on another side note, how come i was able to amend the thread title on this?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Mr Alan wrote: »
    yea i can see it also.

on another side note, how come i was able to amend the thread title on this?:confused:

Can you delete it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Can you delete it?

+1

• Advertisement

wish i could :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mr Alan wrote: »

You must have been made soccer mod at some stage but not told about it. Try to ban a few people there...

KevIRL wrote: »
    You must have been made soccer mod at some stage but not told about it. Try to ban a few people there...

hmmmmm......where can i find PHB,Helix and Redspider???? :D:pac::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

copacetic wrote: »
    working class lad from deprived area in 'not an angel' shocker. Wayne Rooney expresses his shock and surprise..

Im sure plenty Utd players fall into the same bracket Keane for one, my point however was re some of the guys on here beleiving otherwise.

I think its ridiculous that you cant talk about someone who talks about getting a gang of mates to beat someone up negatively on this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You see her:

Quoted to get the pic on the next page.

Players kick other players all the time, it's football. Lets just drop the whole thing.
    If anyone fancies a game in the park at the weekend I'll happily demonstrate the diffence between softenign someone a bit in a 50-50 and breaking someone up.

I think its ridiculous that you cant talk about someone who talks about getting a gang of mates to beat someone up negatively on this forum.

Just saw this. I notice it didnt take long to drop a few vital words to make it look like he sent a mob out to roam the streets looking for Lucas Neill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

You see her:

Quoted so we can have two of them :pac: ;) Phwoooaaaarrrr!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

people seem to have no bother ignoring the working class background and deprived area thing for joey barton

i dont think carragher is any better from the way hes making himself out in the book, but its very likely that its being played that way to sell some more copies. or that he was convinced to have things twisted ever so slightly by the ghost writer to make a better read

as it comes across tho, he certainly does seem like quite the undesirable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Quoted so we can have two of them :pac: ;) Phwoooaaaarrrr!!!
    she's delicious......

Helix wrote: »
    people seem to have no bother ignoring the working class background and deprived area thing for joey barton

i dont think carragher is any better from the way hes making himself out in the book, but its very likely that its being played that way to sell some more copies. or that he was convinced to have things twisted ever so slightly by the ghost writer to make a better read

as it comes across tho, he certainly does seem like quite the undesirable

I'm not sure it's comparable is it? Barton seriously assaults a team-mate, stubs a cigar out in someones eye and attacks someone in the street, caught red handed in all case.

I'm not sure it's comparable is it? Barton seriously assaults a team-mate, stubs a cigar out in someones eye and attacks someone in the street, caught red handed in all case.

whereas carragher deliberatly sets out to injure a team mate in a tackle and considers having his mates knock lumps out of lucas neil

theyre not a million miles apart

im not saying theyre the same thing, im just saying that neither bloke is a bloke id want to be around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

im not saying theyre the same thing, im just saying that neither bloke is a bloke id want to be around

As already said. All footballers do what Carragher did to Song. You might want to stay away from everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

funny-pictures-unimpressed-cat.jpg

Mike.

Stekelly wrote: »
    As already said. All footballers do what Carragher did to Song. You might want to stay away from everyone.

that on its own i was willing to accept as a one off yeh, but every single paragraph that comes out is as bad as it. hes very much coming across like hes not a particularly nice bloke. i honestly dont see how anyone could disagree with that

that on its own i was willing to accept as a one off yeh, but every single paragraph that comes out is as bad as it. hes very much coming across like hes not a particularly nice bloke. i honestly dont see how anyone could disagree with that

I'd say the same about all your paragraphs Helix. I'm sure you are sound in real life though?

why, do i come across as a bit of a thug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

You see her:

I did not expect this when i ventured into a Jamie Carragher thread but its improved it immeasurably.

Helix is a gentlemen with the occasional cutting comment (calling Savman Villa's Mr Alan was a classic:D:pac:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

comparing carra and barton is just ridiculous. Carra is coming across as a bit of a scumbag, but barton is nigh on evil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I'm surprised it's taken 24 pages for it to have cropped up tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Stekelly wrote: »
    Quoted to get the pic on the next page.

Players kick other players all the time, it's football. Lets just drop the whole thing.
    If anyone fancies a game in the park at the weekend I'll happily demonstrate the diffence between softenign someone a bit in a 50-50 and breaking someone up.

WOW another internet HARDMAN ,jesus you don't see that every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Has this part being posted yet?

'When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

'A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

'Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

'That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

'As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.'

Seems like a lovely chap alright. Mr Alan...?

yes it was posted already, thanks for resurrecting the thread again though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement