Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curbishley Gone

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd love to see Slaven Bilic get the job. I'd be really interested to see how he gets on as a club manager. I think he'd do a really good job! Although he's just signed a new contract with Croatia, i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Looks like billic has ruled it out anyway.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/09/03/Prem-Bilic-on-West-Ham/

Though aparently these are from before euro's I still dont think he would leave especially so close to England match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Easy for Bilic to get out of that contract if he wanted to...only a 100K get out clause or something small like that apparently.

He screwed us once before as a player and has no club experience really (other than a handful of games as Hadjuk Split caretaker) so I'm not convinced but then again given the choice of Bilic or someone like Allardyce, I guess I would prefer Bilic.

But being realistic, we ain't going to get him anyway so not an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

What about Dowie?? I know his management career has been up and down but a former fans favourite and a Londoner, pretty sure he's a fan as well.
    He also like his teams to play good football (even though he never could!!:D) which would please the fans.

Or Chris Coleman?? Young manager who I thought did well at Fulham considering he had that tool Fayed in charge of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

ibh wrote: »
    What about Dowie?? I know his management career has been up and down but a former fans favourite and a Londoner, pretty sure he's a fan as well.
    He also like his teams to play good football (even though he never could!!:D) which would please the fans.

Or Chris Coleman?? Young manager who I thought did well at Fulham considering he had that tool Fayed in charge of him.

Dowie had a decent six months at Palace when he got them promoted. That's it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Looks like NUFC arent the only club with a dodgy board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

As Hammers Fans we may be dillusional about our status, but Newcastle are something else. They are a small fry club with a fat beer drinking ignoramus called Ashley as their Chairman. They have shelled out millions and millions of pounds, qualifying for the Champions League when it was easier, and qualify for two cup finals. Freddy Shephard used force them to compete in the Inter Toto Cup each year to qualify for Europe "as they were too big not to be in Europe", in spite of their 13th/14th place finishes. They are not even in the top 10 of big clubs, and never have been. A big stadium and deep pockets does not make you good.

Curb's departure saddens me. I wish him wekk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Het-Field wrote: »
    As Hammers Fans we may be dillusional about our status, but Newcastle are something else. They are a small fry club with a fat beer drinking ignoramus called Ashley as their Chairman. They have shelled out millions and millions of pounds, qualifying for the Champions League when it was easier, and qualify for two cup finals. Freddy Shephard used force them to compete in the Inter Toto Cup each year to qualify for Europe "as they were too big not to be in Europe", in spite of their 13th/14th place finishes. They are not even in the top 10 of big clubs, and never have been. A big stadium and deep pockets does not make you good.

What exactly does this have to do with anything in this thread???

If you want to have a discussion about it though, head over to the Keegan thread, and we can maybe discuss how NUFC fans have vocally backed their manager, and possibly saved his job, whereas WH fans, have probably made the decision even easier for their board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Het-Field wrote: »

Curb's departure saddens me. I wish him wekk

wekk?

Curbs gone. club seemingly in free fall. there will be more sales in the January window, as the club is backed by Icelandic bankers (i think?), who have really fallen on hard times.

despite the good start i'm beginning to think a relegation battle could be on the cards come February or March.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Fayed is one of the better chairmen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyway, SSN have said they have an exclusive interview with Curbs which they will air within the hour. It will be very interesting to hear what he has to say, unless he has signed one of those ghey non-disclosure agreements.

Anyway, SSN have said they have an exclusive interview with Curbs which they will air within the hour. It will be very interesting to hear what he has to say, unless he has signed one of those ghey non-disclosure agreements.

doubt he would even be doing an interview if he signed one. WHU wouldn't even be in a position to pay him off anyway so imo there's no doubt he just walked and can say whatever the fup he likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

West Ham United FC

Manager: Alan Curbishley

David James

Glen Johnson----Rio Ferdinand----Anton Ferdinand----Paul Konchesky

Javier Mascherano

Michael Carrick
    Frank Lampard
    Joe Cole

Jermaine Defoe
    Carlos Tevez

None of the above are employed by West Ham United anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Produced some great youths few years ago

CHD wrote: »
    Fayed is one of the better chairmen

I don't think so. He's loaded and he never gave Coleman fcuk all money to spend. Becuase Craven Cottage is tiny, they get very poor gates so he couldn't get transfer money from there either.
    Yet he always behaved as if he put his heart and soul into the club. Panicked with Coleman and sacked him when things were going poorly. Then he appointed Sanchez and for the first time ever, splashed some cash. Then sacked Sanchez.

I stand by my statement that he's a tool.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    West Ham United FC

Manager: Alan Curbishley

David James

Glen Johnson----Rio Ferdinand----Anton Ferdinand----Paul Konchesky

Javier Mascherano

Michael Carrick
    Frank Lampard
    Joe Cole

Jermaine Defoe
    Carlos Tevez

None of the above are employed by West Ham United anymore.

I'd have Bilic and DiCanio in that team as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

CHD wrote: »
    Produced some great youths few years ago

Great youths coming threw now aswell such as noble, sears, tomkins and collison. We are still going to produce them, but we are also still going to sell them unfortunately. If only they were all like noble who are west ham threw and threw and wont leave unless they have to and I can see noble being very unhappy with this and can see him in an arsenal shirt next year :mad:

I stand by my statement that he's a tool.

I'd agree with this. Coleman worked miracles on a shoestring in keeping that club in the premiership. Fayed of course was no where to be seen during that entire reign.

Fulham badly need investment beyond players. it's been apparent for years, yet Fayed's never been willing to put in anything but the bare minimum into the club.

then, as ibh says, it starts to go badly and he panics. watch as Hodgson stabilizes them, maybe Fayed has learned his lesson but i doubt it, i reckon we'll see the same thing reoccur; disinterest coupled with lack of investment. short period of panic induced investment, wash, rinse, repeat.

I'd have Bilic and DiCanio in that team as well.
    All I put in are current premiership players.

eagle eye wrote: »
    All I put in are current premiership players.

Aye, fair enough i was just going from recent memory. Formidable team except for Konchesky.. Whats the opposite of formidable???:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Who the Jaysis is Kevin Keen?

Fecking SSN nearly gave me a heart attack.

He's the new WHU Caretaker manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Kevin Keen is a former WHU player...and a damn good one also. He is on the coaching staff there. Reserve team manager or something like that...not sure exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

What?

Curbishley completely messed up in the transfer market, and the board took control and let Ferdinand and McCartney go for 14m!!! which is great money for average players.

I'm not sure anyone can defend Curbs, as he brought in sicknotes, hasbeens and average players in Kieron Dyer, Craig Bellamy, Luis Boa Morte, Nigel Quashie, and Freddie Ljungberg - especially Ljungberg - they bought him for 3m, and terminated his contract after 1 year by paying him off for 6m!!!

That's completely inexcusable, Curbishley has no-one to blame but himself

zAbbo wrote: »
    What?

Curbishley completely messed up in the transfer market, and the board took control and let Ferdinand and McCartney go for 14m!!! which is great money for average players.

I'm not sure anyone can defend Curbs, as he brought in sicknotes, hasbeens and average players in Kieron Dyer, Craig Bellamy, Luis Boa Morte, Nigel Quashie, and Freddie Ljungberg - especially Ljungberg - they bought him for 3m, and terminated his contract after 1 year by paying him off for 6m!!!

That's completely inexcusable, Curbishley has no-one to blame but himself
    This is the Alan Curbishley who got 7 wins in the last nine games for West Ham to keep them in the Premier League in '07, who got West Ham to finish 10th last year.
    His record is as follows for West Ham P75 W32 D28 L15.
    West Ham were off to their best start to a season in 9 years I think it was. Its just a typical season in the recent history of West Ham, sell off promising players and create problems before things get good.

Advertisement