Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error on the beta install

• 03-09-2008 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

anyone else get this? its the world.myp file that it says is corrupted

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

DanOB wrote: »
    anyone else get this? its the world.myp file that it says is corrupted

Then it probably is. Did you use the torrent? If so there should be an option on most client to force a recheck which should find the corruption and redownload the needed parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

Spear wrote: »
    Then it probably is. Did you use the torrent? If so there should be an option on most client to force a recheck which should find the corruption and redownload the needed parts.

i used bitlord, do you know how to check it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

i used bitlord, do you know how to check it?

Right click the completed torrent entry and choose hash recheck.

Right click the completed torrent entry and choose hash recheck.

cheers, i guessed that was it alright.. 20% through now, thanks again

ok so i ran it through and it came up with an additional 3.5mbs to download, is that the corrupted file do you think?

• Advertisement

ok so i ran it through and it came up with an additional 3.5mbs to download, is that the corrupted file do you think?

Thankfully not, worlds.myp is a couple of gigs. Thanks to the torrent system it's only regetting the damaged chunks of the file, hence only 3.5 megs.

Thankfully not, worlds.myp is a couple of gigs. Thanks to the torrent system it's only regetting the damaged chunks of the file, hence only 3.5 megs.
    cool, so thats it sorted? i should have the damaged bit replaced now right?

cool, so thats it sorted? i should have the damaged bit replaced now right?

The repaired file will be in the torrent, not in your install, so you'll need to copy it over manually or rerun the installer.

rerunning it now :) thanks for your help spear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

When you run the installed game you have the option to check your install... is this problem stopping you from running it in the first place?

• Advertisement

KoKane wrote: »
    When you run the installed game you have the option to check your install... is this problem stopping you from running it in the first place?

He can't connect to the patcher to replace it as he lacks an account, plus the patcher will attempt to regrab the whole file.

it installed perfectly that time, thanks very much :)

Advertisement