Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

emission

Options
  • 03-09-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

well today i had the nct which i failed because of the emission. how can i lower the emissions in the car. should i bring it to a garage to get the job done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

What car is it? It could be a number of things. Possibly the lambda sensor. Yes you will need to bring it to a garage alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

its a punto 02. how much would one of the sensors cost

• Registered Users Posts: 68,922 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its possibly the cat on that age of Punto, my brother paid 400 *I think* for a new cat for his 01 to get it through the NCT - was a white label weld-in cat not a Fiat one.

that is dear for a small part

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cena wrote: »
    that is dear for a small part
    It's not a small part. Please post the emissions data from your fail printout, then you might get better advice here. It might be something relatively simple, like a hole in your silencer.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

high idle

[ 3440 rpm ] co 0.65 vol% above 0.3%

is that grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Lambda. It's in the exhaust system somewhere, usually in the exhaust manifold. Expensive (€150?) but simple to replace. But it's sensitive to rough handling so be wary.

getting car checked tomorrow. hopefully its not major

Advertisement