Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invest in a high paying career?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

I thought about it, heard the price and laughed when you can go 0 - Frozen ATPL in Cork for €56k

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

I've heard that two people at least have already signed up for it. Either too much money or not enough sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Waterford is rather expensive. The NFC in Kildare is much more reasonable, Atlantic in Cork is reasonable also

Otherwise just go abroad, you're gonna spend around 130~ by the time you get your type rating etc etc, waterford does not include any of that I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

That kind of course is not uncommon in the USA. Place like Emery-Riddle and Western Michigan, where Aer Lingus sent their cadets once, have long standing aviation degree programmes where you study for a four year degree and a learn to fly at the same time. There are many other throughout the States. You might be better off going for one of those if you're interested. They are probably cheaper.

In the US, generally major airlines tend to hire pilots who have four year college degrees. That's the system.

Here there's no point. You would be better off going to college for free, while learning to fly during the Summer. That's not to say the WIT isn't a good course. But it's pretty pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

great course if you've money to throw away

they're having a laugh try paying that back on a basic FO's pay...and with
    the slow down:rolleyes:

hope it works out for them:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

De_man wrote: »
    great course if you've money to throw away

Even if you did have the money, I doubt it's a "great" course :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

Zyox wrote: »
    Even if you did have the money, I doubt it's a "great" course :confused:

very very true, whilst you'll get the BSc it's still unproven and could prove
    to be a very expensive piece of paper....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PILOT

i was really excited to hear about this course...it was just what i had applied for in the UK...but when i heard the price..i was like, forget about it !!! The course i had applied for in the UK was (only) 70,000 pounds and last i knew of there was still places available !!
    This course is available in Buckinghamshire Uni or London Met University for much more reasonable price !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Flyer1 wrote: »
    I thought about it, heard the price and laughed when you can go 0 - Frozen ATPL in Cork for €56k

Hey Flyer1, have you got any more information on the Cork club/school that fee's are circa €56k?

Interesting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 double yellow

Well flyer1 is referring to Atlantic Flight Training in Cork. They have their own website. There are some videos of them also on pilotshop.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Well flyer1 is referring to Atlantic Flight Training in Cork. They have their own website. There are some videos of them also on pilotshop.ie

Thanks double yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

what double_yellow said. Atlantic are a great crowd, all the lads are sound out, they've recently spent thousands renovating the place. Go for it ! It's like a big family there rather then being just another number in a flight school. There are also 4 flight examiners based in Cork so when it comes to doing your flight test there are no delays. I think there might even be 5 now actually.

I don't frequent boards enough :o

Advertisement