Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo article in yesterdays independent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

"It costs €80 per session to have a large tattoo removed and you're talking about one of these every month for up to five years."

I think you missed a word or two out of your interpretation there. They were saying that for LARGE pieces it can take up to 60 sessions to remove it.

eg: A full sleeve, or a back piece....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

"it's the celebrities who are leading the way."

pfft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

CianRyan wrote: »

pfft
    what you mean you didn't get into it once david beckham got his ears pierced and got tattoo's??? but why else would you do it??:p:p

Ok i'll admit it, he just looked so cool, i couldnt help but make myself match!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CianRyan wrote: »

pfft

It's true, it's just that those of us with more of an interest in the art side of tattoos would like to think otherwise, but a lot of people are inspired into getting work done by music/film/tv/sport stars that they like who have tattoos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

Soundman wrote: »
    I think you missed a word or two out of your interpretation there. They were saying that for LARGE pieces it can take up to 60 sessions to remove it.

eg: A full sleeve, or a back piece....
    the highest number of sessions i've come across for complete [ lasered as much as possible to the point where the laser no longer has any effect on the tattoo] removal is 14. so by doing the math 60 sessions sounded a bit on the high side to me. anyone heard of somone having 50+ laser sessions done?? [ouchie]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

http://fadefast.com/

Done by Allen Falker. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

Will wrote: »
    http://fadefast.com/

Done by Allen Falker. :)
    that piece at the bottom of the results page is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yup, when i saw the amount of sessions my immediate feeling was either they got mixed up (the journalist) or that the people were getting screwed over.

Thank god for fade fast
    http://fadefast.com/images/ET2T.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I've just realised! My cousin (Who is awesome, btw) works for the sunday tribune. I could totally talk her into doing a piece about ink and piercingg and regulating them and jazz. What's everyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

It's true, it's just that those of us with more of an interest in the art side of tattoos would like to think otherwise, but a lot of people are inspired into getting work done by music/film/tv/sport stars that they like who have tattoos.

That's very true. Behind the ear (stars, butterflies, blah...) and script wrist tatts seem to be in now with celebs like Ashlee Simpson and Rihanna. I see lots of girls copying them.

Now there's nothing wrong with stars!!!! And ink behind the ears!!

i hate star tatts with a passion especially ones that are just the outline...****ing stupid!! i like behind the ear ones though.

Oi!!! I have star ink!! And they've been complimented by loads of tattoo artists and people alike!! They're lovely! Plus the dermals really compliment them nicely! So meh!

nopie...i've only seen one star tatt i've ever liked. stars are just....yuk.... Ha ha that being said i did tattoo a vampire star on someone!!:D

Now there's nothing wrong with stars!!!! And ink behind the ears!!

Yea, but now EVERYONE wants or has them. It's like there's no thought in it just... *Oooh.. a star is pretty, I'll get that* Especially emo kids with their red and black nautical stars.

I wants stars and butterflies as part of mine, but it's not the main part and it contributes to the picture.

I dont want one!!

I dont want one!!

I mean people easily influenced by celeb culture and not so much tattoo culture or art. You know what I mean!!! Just getting for the sake of it.

I don't wanna be starting something here!! :p

Ok so I was just talking to my cous. She says she'd love to do an article highlighting how the country isn't o she says find someone who's had a less than pleasant experience with body mod (From a not so reputiable studio *cough*) and that'll be a good starter....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Each to their own dudes... seriously! :D

Lil_Kitten if you don't like stars thats fine, but its a bit much to assume the reasons behind people choosing to get them!

Personally I wouldn't get a tattoo just because a celebrity has one, but even if someone does if they're happy then what's the issue?

Its all about personal choice IMHO, can't we just agree to disagree? :D

OOH aren't I lovely when i've had enough sleep and coffee?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

i did tattoo a vampire star on someone!!:D

Hmmmm....

Explain please?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

tat's have gone mainstream! wow when did that happen ? :pac:
    celebs my arse..... Hollywood "tramp stamps" pfft.

P.S the indo is tabloid bull.

Well annoyed with lower back ink. I guess that was my first piece. But t was inked on my lower back because that was where the design suited most.I don't care, I still loves it. It's the FFAF symbol from one of their first albums Casually dressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i never knew abotu that one! fantastic album!

i never knew abotu that one! fantastic album!

Really? Yeah it's a bitchin album! Can't believe you didn't know I had that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

if i do manage to see ya again before i go, i will have to force you into showing me. though now that i think about it... tis unlikely ill see you.

if i do manage to see ya again before i go, i will have to force you into showing me. though now that i think about it... tis unlikely ill see you.

Ah gay!! When ya going back? We must ALL meet up before ya head!

Advertisement