Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband-Cavan-Ballyjamesduff

Options
  • 03-09-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭

Hi,just wondered if anyone uses mobile broadband o2 in this area and what they thought.
    Did a test with the vodafone one and wasn't altogether impressed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chrisi313

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Hi,just wondered if anyone uses mobile broadband o2 in this area and what they thought.
    Did a test with the vodafone one and wasn't altogether impressed.

Apparently O2 broadband is slightly faster compared to Vodafone, but neither of them are nearly as worthwhile as a real internet connection. When I had my O2 broadband it was constantly disconnecting, slow downloading, and generally just completely rubbish. I had to go to the small claims court to cancel my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Jesus was it that bad? the 30quid a month deal only requires a 30 day cancellation notice. maybe you have a different contract

I'm thinking of availing of the 30day testing period to see what its like.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

chrisi313 wrote: »
    Apparently O2 broadband is slightly faster compared to Vodafone, but neither of them are nearly as worthwhile as a real internet connection. When I had my O2 broadband it was constantly disconnecting, slow downloading, and generally just completely rubbish. I had to go to the small claims court to cancel my contract.

I must agree- I set up o2 broadband for someone just outside Cootehill on tuesday and I felt like I was back using dial-up it was so slow. It took ages to update windows, and anti-virus and then I wanted to download Firefox and it was time for bed. To tell the truth it took about 3 hours in total as I got disconnected a few times.
    good luck..:mad:

Advertisement