Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen crack - Please help

Options
  • 03-09-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi

I have my test tomorrow and feel pretty prepared however in cleaning my windscreen today I found a fairly big rounded crack. I have never noticed it before as it is obstructed by my rear view mirror. Can someone please advise me of the chance of the tester not even taking me out with a windscreen crack?

And if possible please advise on the safety of such a crack as I will get it repaired tomorrow morning if I can but I really can't afford a new windscreen. And my insurance doesnt cover it either.

Thanks a mill

BakDpaabg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 eoghanmcdonnell

windscreencrack.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd say you'll be fine, it's hardly noticeable, and shouldn't make a difference to visibility etc. I wouldn't worry about it.
    As for a long term plan, i'd say get it checked out, might not require a whole new windscreen seeing that it's quite small.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease, a little stressed about this test! Relying on a full license for a job - a little bit of extra pressure.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

You'll be fine. That's fairly small and I'd doubt that the examiner will even notice it.

windscreencrack.jpg
    Just wondering, did you take a picture of your phone taking a picture?? :confused::)
    might not require a whole new windscreen seeing that it's quite small.
    In my experience, they can only usually repair a crack if it has occurred fairly recently and hasn't got wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I think you will be fine. I think you'd even pass the NCT with that crack. So long as it isn't in your direct line of sight when driving. Plus it doesn't look like it's a crack that's likely to spread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

Yep, shouldn't be a problem, well in the US anyway. Usually unless it obstructs the view of the driver, it is not an issue.

Just wondering, did you take a picture of your phone taking a picture?? :confused::)

Hehe, no, I was just putting it in for perspective on the size of the crack. By the way, don't ever buy a cheap nokia - an absolutely horrible phone for reasons that are irrelevant to this thread :).

Thanks again everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

charlesD wrote: »
    Yep, shouldn't be a problem, well in the US anyway. Usually unless it obstructs the view of the driver, it is not an issue.

So long as it's not like this you're grand:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    610x.jpg

Advertisement