Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacknight email services are not trusted by many companies that I send email to

Options
  • 03-09-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I hate to be a b*tch, but here we go...

I have happily used blacknight for 2 years and been happy with the service. I chose them due to their support of the irish web industry, sponsorship and the like, but if they can't provide the service... well come on...

As of last week emails I send to larger companies (arup, dell, esb etc.) are boucing. It says that blacknight is not a trusted source (http://www.senderbase.org/)

The emails from their support tell me that some spammer used their server 14 days ago, causing the change in their trustworthiness level. They have since stopped it, but their trustworthiness has not been returned by senderbase.

So... While I accept that the problem was not caused by themselves... I am left without the ability to send emails to some key clients and friends. This is not good enough.

From their emails blacknight tell me that they can't do anything... leaving me without email...

I encourage you all to support Irish, and particularly use companies who support the industry, but come on...

It should also be noted that I subscribe to the blacknight blog... but have heard nothing there.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

First things first ...

You are claiming that ALL email from our network is not trusted by big companies.

That is completely incorrect and I would recommend you retract that immediately.

Yes - there is an issue with one server being ranked negatively by SenderBase and yes it is outside our control

You can easily send email to your friends, colleagues etc., and if you contact our support team they should be able to advise you on how to do so (change the SMTP setting to use your ISP instead of us)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

On the title which suggested all blue chip comanies... I'm sorry, and have edited it now.

If it is just one server, then why not email the affected users that there is a problem, and move them to a different server?

I access my mail from many different places, and as I undersand it, have paid to use the blacknight smtp. (I accept that in the small print this may not be the case(I haven't read it), but in spirit, surely it is).

I really don't want to have a fight over this, all I want is to be able to send email...

If you have an open ticket with the support team please email me the ticket ID (michele@blacknight.com) and I'll see if we can get you moved to another server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

Got an email to a similar effect from the support desk. Thank you very much. I appreciate it

Again... Thanks

So it's all sorted out now?

• Advertisement

We've also been liasing with senderbase and they have finally removed the blocks on their end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Have to say, I use blacknight and am very happy with their general service, technical knowledge and help.
    I think it's a shame that this user had to take a support issue as a rant on boards without even logging a support ticket with blacknight.

Michele, you can credit my account now...:)

Out of interest which server is it?

egan007 wrote: »
    Michele, you can credit my account now...:)

Watch out for the low flying pigs :)

egan007 wrote: »
    Out of interest which server is it?

Not 100% sure tbh - I had the IPs in an email last night, but that's buried in my inbox again.

The stupid thing is that it only affected recipients that are using SenderBase. SenderBase still haven't given us a clear answer on how long they list an IP for or anything else *grr*

Advertisement