Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student - What do I wear? (seriously!)

Options
  • 03-09-2008 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Need some advice please.
    I start my MA tomorrow - Haven't been in the education system since I was 16.
    I have no CLUE what to wear tomorrow! Do I wear jeans? Should I dress smartly. HELP
    :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Dress comfy! seriously, I wouldnt worry too much, don't go trying too hard be a "trendy" mature student, just dress in what you feel most comfy in..my wardrobe for college this year consists of mainly jeans, comfy cardis, layers (can get hot and cold going from lecture to lecture) and comfy shoes and a good pair of boots.
    Dont be too smart dresses because youre really only gonna be sitting taking notes etc so be comfortable. Good luck!

Yeah just wear what's comfy. Don't get hung up on what you wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

I wouldn't dress smart, not in college. Most wear jeans some even trackies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Great advice thanks.
    I dressed casually and fitted right in!
    although I didn't open my mouth all day - very unusual for me, I'm used to being the one in charge. It was so relaxing just sitting listening for a change.

I got homework though! what a shocker.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

deise-lady wrote: »
    Great advice thanks.
    I dressed casually and fitted right in!
    although I didn't open my mouth all day - very unusual for me, I'm used to being the one in charge. It was so relaxing just sitting listening for a change.

I got homework though! what a shocker.:eek:
    You'll soon be tputting the world to rights with the young uns. ;)

Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement