Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson with high capacity SMS inbox

• 03-09-2008 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm think of changing my phone and was going to stick with Sony Ericsson. Does anyone know of a Sony Ericsson phone that has a SMS inbox that can hold more than ~150 messages? My current phone holds roughly that - 75 received and 75 sent messages.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The newer 3G sim cards have higher storage capacity. They might help you without changing your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Have an o2 sim that I got at the start of July. Is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

I had the Sony Ericsson K800i and that could store hundreds of texts. You should check out this program My Phone Explorer: http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

It lets you backup all the data on your phone, it's a great app. You can archive the texts and just leave them on your computer. It could save you buying a new phone.

Yeah, I actually use that programme and love it. But I was thinking of buying a new phone anyway (my current one is about 3 years old and is starting to act up a little).

Anyone with the C902 know what the SMS capacity is like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have a w580i which can hold hundreds of texts, don't know exactly how many though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I have the v630i and that can hold hundreds of texts as well. Not sure about an exact figure, but as an estimate I had 250+ on there recently before I cleared it down (cleared it down out of boredom, not because it was running out of space)

I'd say you'll be safe enough with any recent Sony Ericsson phone tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

The K850i could hold 1000 texts (im pretty sure)
    and had a nice way of sorting by date as well (like email)
    today, yesterday, last week, last month. so you didnt see every think when you went into your inbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Pegasus15 wrote: »
    Anyone with the C902 know what the SMS capacity is like?
    Pretty good. iirc it let you choose memory card for storage but don't hold me to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

yeah i think only the memory available is your only restriction havent deleted any messages since i got the phone in july , and you can choose where you save the messages ie phone or mempry card, and by catagory too ie work friends battleaxe ;)

• Advertisement

Sounds good. And overall, would you recommend the C902? Any stupid flaws or things that you just hate about it?

Many thanks for all the replies. :D

Advertisement