Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Question for Non-LoI Fans

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Who says you dont support Irish soccer? There are some decent promotions going on in the league, Bohs do a schools, football teams etc go free/play at half time fairly regularly but they could certainly be doing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All the factors you mention have proven to be completely incorrect. Presumably you will be at Eircom League games every week then?
    He said he did not want to travel for one hour to stand in the cold for two hours watching a crap game of football.

He also said other stuff, but of the above which of these factors have been proven to be incorrect?

eagle eye wrote: »
    He said he did not want to travel for one hour to stand in the cold for two hours watching a crap game of football.

He also said other stuff, but of the above which of these factors have been proven to be incorrect?

Summer soccer and not so crap standard.

bohsman wrote: »
    Summer soccer and not so crap standard.
    Irish summers, give me a break. And while the standard might not be crap its still way below the standard of what is available on TV or after a short flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Who says you dont support Irish soccer? There are some decent promotions going on in the league, Bohs do a schools, football teams etc go free/play at half time fairly regularly but they could certainly be doing more.

I've had loads of healthy "debates" with LOI fans i know who all insist i should support the top level in ireland the OP also implies by exclusion in his first post, that non-league football is not an option he put forward for discussion.

I am as i stated heavily involved in a club and we've never been approached by Rovers or pats the 2 closest teams to have any involvement with them. If i ran a business and had potential clients in clubs on my doorstep i'd be hounding them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

a Dickhead - "im a level 10 at football. all should listen and adhere to my opinion. if not ill call u sh!te and fake football fans. thats my right cos i watch my local team"

a Normal Person - "i support my local team and its great craic. we have real fun matchdays and u should try and get in the buzz. every game is a good day and i love my team"

theres the difference on this forum folks. u might not like thinking it has column A's but it does. best ignore them

ONYD - please tell us wat u think about liverpool fans and heysel? im dying to know. u were so full of good opinions last time. ^^

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yea I used to be at pretty much every waterford united game until I had mates on the team and realised it was a **** football basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

micks wrote: »
    If LOI clubs want to be better supported then they have to work for it
    • provide entertainment
    • better facilities
    • encourage kids to go watch (not just a free kid with adult ticket)
    • get affiliated to schoolboy/junior clubs
    • get involved in local communities
    to name but a few.
    Presume you mean on the pitch? As has been said almost every team in the Premier Division keeps the ball on the ground, as do many in the First. Wexford Youths, second bottom of FD, visited Cork recently and still came with a positive approach despite the difference between the sides. I don't think quality of football can be used as an excuse not to go anymore.

The atmosphere is quite good at most grounds now so there is entertainment that way too.

Almost all clubs have just completed or are developing new/existing grounds. There are a couple of excellent grounds in the country and quite a few pretty good ones too.

Kids are encouraged to go to games (see below). €15 isn't that much for an adult so I don't think they should go in free with a kid. Having a kid free in has been dropped by a few clubs as it ended up with a load of 10yo running around the ground. I think there should be some sort of family ticket though.

All LOI clubs are affiliated to schoolboy clubs. Most have their own now so there is a direct link between the clubs' U12 and senior team.

Since the introduction of the Club Promotion Officer by the FAI all Premier Division clubs are actively promoting games in the locality. For example, they regularly visit schools, poster around the area and deal with local businesses (discount if show match ticket etc). A lot clubs in the First are active in the community too.
    I stand corrected but did any LOI clubs have schoolboy sections 20 yrs ago? Most that do now only do so because of UEFA licensing take rovers recently seen an article in local rag Rovers schoolboy section end of season do or something every photo had a tri-colour in the background with Tallaght Town FC emblazened on it and there still seems to be unrest about the "merger".
    Merger? :confused: Not quite sure what you're on about, Shamrock Rovers always had a schoolboys section. They moved to Tallaght recently enough but don't think they merged with anyone?

Everything he said that I quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone who says the standard is piss poor dont know what they're talking about. I was one of those people up until 18/24 months ago.

Anyone who says I support a cross channel/European team isnt an excuse, you can support a LOI team too

The only legit reasons would be in an area with no team or no interest in soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Trilla wrote: »

The only legit reasons would be in an area with no team

And that is usually a trollox excuse aswell, as most people could probably drive an hour to a ground, which would be closer than England or Scotland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Irish summers, give me a break. And while the standard might not be crap its still way below the standard of what is available on TV or after a short flight.

but why not take a slightly longer flight and see a spanish side? better standard again...

English summers are better than Irish ones?

I'm not buying that tbh.

Jazzy wrote: »

ONYD - please tell us wat u think about liverpool fans and heysel? im dying to know. u were so full of good opinions last time. ^^

The phrase I used was murderers. 27 Scousers charged with manslaughter, so its fair comment. Not sure what relevence it is here though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

but why not take a slightly longer flight and see a spanish side? better standard again...

no its not.
    the standard between the PL and La Liga is pretty much even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Standard yes.

But you said quality? better quality matches over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

SantryRed wrote: »
    Standard yes.

But you said quality? better quality matches over there.

Maybe, but give me the Premiership any day of the week.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Maybe, but give me the Premiership any day of the week.

Why though?:confused:

Can't get me head around it.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Why though?:confused:

Can't get me head around it.

Because the team he supports in it.

Because the team he supports in it.

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Presume you mean on the pitch? As has been said almost every team in the Premier Division keeps the ball on the ground, as do many in the First. Wexford Youths, second bottom of FD, visited Cork recently and still came with a positive approach despite the difference between the sides. I don't think quality of football can be used as an excuse not to go anymore.

Small point but i mean off the pitch, provide more than just football - an event, not every game but maybe once a month have a family day or something? just an idea . If you ever get the chance go to the gramper cup - barcelona's season opener every august, great night, i went 2 years ago got off the coach in the car park at 1800,the match ended at 0100!! they had all sorts of entertainment bands fireworks,parachutes etc
    not saying to try all that but surely there's something to get more families involved?
    I'm not here to bash the standard of LOI which i dont think is the problem regardless of what people say,look at Dublin GAA this year they played crap yet did the attendances drop?

Almost all clubs have just completed or are developing new/existing grounds. There are a couple of excellent grounds in the country and quite a few pretty good ones too.

As i said i have never been to to a LOI game but a common complaint i hear from LOI fans i know is that the facilities are crap, cant comment personally though.

Kids are encouraged to go to games (see below). €15 isn't that much for an adult so I don't think they should go in free with a kid. Having a kid free in has been dropped by a few clubs as it ended up with a load of 10yo running around the ground. I think there should be some sort of family ticket though.

I am just saying that LOI clubs need to take a hit short term to gain support if they fill empty seats with say 1000 kids and say 100 paying adults. But if you go to local clubs and say give their under 10 team free access if their 2 managers pay in, in turn those managers would keep kids under control. The kids would also prob spend a tenner each or something and after 5 or 6 years of those 10 year olds going to 5 or 6 games a year you might hold on to some for life? Worth a try IMO
    All LOI clubs are affiliated to schoolboy clubs. Most have their own now so there is a direct link between the clubs' U12 and senior team.
    I know but my point is that most only do this because they have to, to get their UEFA license.
    Since the introduction of the Club Promotion Officer by the FAI all Premier Division clubs are actively promoting games in the locality. For example, they regularly visit schools, poster around the area and deal with local businesses (discount if show match ticket etc). A lot clubs in the First are active in the community too.

As i said i dont think they do enough. I am with a fairly big club with over 300 underage players and maybe 3 miles from Rovers new stadium, it might change when they finally move there but we've never had any contact from any LOI club regarding attending games.

Merger? :confused: Not quite sure what you're on about, Shamrock Rovers always had a schoolboys section. They moved to Tallaght recently enough but don't think they merged with anyone?.

I dont know the exact mechanics but Rovers' schoolboys and LSL teams are based in the Tallaght Town grounds in kiltipper, Tallaght Town LSL teams became and are still Shamrock Rovers, I assumed the schoolboys were the same, maybe i am wrong, But at the Shamrock Rovers shoolboys' presentation in the paper there was defo a tricolour with "Tallaght Town " on it in the background. I have been told several times that the original Tallaght Town aspect of the club are not happy with the way things worked out and were thinking of reverting back to their original format.Maybe just a rumour ?

I am in my mid thirties and while playing schoolboy DDSL i never played against any LOI clubs schoolboy teams, maybe they did exist but if so there wasnt many, and at that the LOI clubs in the Dublin and surrounding areas should be dominating DDSL schoolboy football - they dont! How many of them actually put anything into their teams?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'd almost agree with you 100% that clubs don't do enough, even if there are limited resources at the club's disposal. However, I don't think that this is a legitimate excuse for an intelligent individual to decide not to go to games. This is the sort of thing that would pull in people who don't care that much about football, but would enjoy a nice family day out regardless of what it is. But for people who breathe football, and I'm assuming most people here do since they post here, its baffling that people here don't want their weekly live football fix. I do genuinely put it down to laziness, and its never too late to get up on a Friday night and fix that.

DSB wrote: »
    But for people who breathe football, and I'm assuming most people here do since they post here, its baffling that people here don't want their weekly live football fix.

Interesting statement, I guess I don't breathe football then, for instance I find it very hard to get excited by international football, I watched both matches today,neither meant much to me apart from seeing Walcott doing well. Would have liked to have seen French and the Dutch matches but only for the Arsenal connection. I watch most premiership matches when they are on but I wouldn't watch a league championship match or matches from Germany, Italy. As for loi, I feel no link towards it,just like the German, Italian leagues.

DSB wrote: »
    I'd almost agree with you 100% that clubs don't do enough, even if there are limited resources at the club's disposal. However, I don't think that this is a legitimate excuse for an intelligent individual to decide not to go to games. This is the sort of thing that would pull in people who don't care that much about football, but would enjoy a nice family day out regardless of what it is. But for people who breathe football, and I'm assuming most people here do since they post here, its baffling that people here don't want their weekly live football fix. I do genuinely put it down to laziness, and its never too late to get up on a Friday night and fix that.
    This is such a laugh. I'll give you another reason why I would not want to go to games anymore.

I hate listening to rubbish, like what you said above. I'd much rather watch a game of Cricket(which I absolutely hate) than to listen to that muck.

This is such a laugh. I'll give you another reason why I would not want to go to games anymore.

I hate listening to rubbish, like what you said above. I'd much rather watch a game of Cricket(which I absolutely hate) than to listen to that muck.

What he said is not muck. He's passionate about football, so what? He can't understand that people in their own country won't "support" their own home clubs. He can't understand that even though people (like me) are extremely passionate about a foreign based team (in my case Manchester United) that they cannot do their bit (as such, its not like its a chore) and have an interest in the league. All you have to do is look at the English people, they stick to theier club true and true. Some attendances for some lower level clubs (conference and below) out number the LOI...this is not down to standard of the football game. I really believe that alot more would be at these games if GAA didn't exist, but for anyone that considers soccer their number one sport but thinks its ridicolous to go to a local game and watch the highest level of soccer this country has to offer is a bit, well a bit mind baffling.

No link? Get a link. Last season I sat and watched Bohs and Longford draw, some great football was played but I didnt really have anything or anyone to shout for. A couple of games on from that I slowly unknowingly to myself became a fan. It's great to have an interest in something thats local to you and is a part of who you are. Nothing wrong with supporting Arsenal and wanting players like Theo Walcott to do well for his country...but if you truelly love football iI urge yee to give it a go.

I did, and I'll be in dalymount on Monday (sick as a dog which I have been for a year but thats another story) cheering on the the champions to be...My first full season supporting them and they're 13 points clear! I'll also be glued to the tv when Liverpool finally try to beat United in the league. Biting every finger nail in the hope they dont.

This is not a "support your own" , "be irish, "for the cause" post. This is a "give it a chance", "support both" and "improve our situation" post. People think the standard is bad, the vacilities are bad etc...how are these things gonna get anywhere decent without the support. Money and support do not grow on trees people. Try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Interesting statement, I guess I don't breathe football then, for instance I find it very hard to get excited by international football, I watched both matches today,neither meant much to me apart from seeing Walcott doing well. Would have liked to have seen French and the Dutch matches but only for the Arsenal connection. I watch most premiership matches when they are on but I wouldn't watch a league championship match or matches from Germany, Italy. As for loi, I feel no link towards it,just like the German, Italian leagues.
    Just wondering what made you feel a link towards Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

i'd like to give my own answer to that if you don't mind. it's probably not too dissimilar to other Premier League followers; anyway

I grew up as a young 'un supporting Man Utd. primarily because it's what all my friends did, and there was a reinforcing element in that my grandfather would have supported them too going well back, and because of this is was encouraged somewhat in me (him being about the only other soccer supporter in my extended family).

friends of mine, who's fathers would have brought them, would have supported Finn Harps, and because of this i always had a soft spot for them as a kid. But no one ever brought me to a game, and there was little other exposure; so my passing interest never went beyond that and fizzled out when i moved away.

in my early teens music took over my life and i stopped following soccer (although bizarrely this was the period in which I had the most success as a player), then in my later teens, just through passing exposure, I fell in love with the style of football Arsene Wenger's teams play with and suddenly started taking note of the premier league again. in fact AW and that current young group of Arsenal players are probably the only reason i still watch the league. so you could say the two reasons i follow the EPL are the high levels of exposure and quality of the product.

• Advertisement

i'd like to give my own answer to that if you don't mind. it's probably not too dissimilar to other Premier League followers; anyway

I grew up as a young 'un supporting Man Utd. primarily because it's what all my friends did, and there was a reinforcing element in that my grandfather would have supported them too going well back, and because of this is was encouraged somewhat in me (him being about the only other soccer supporter in my extended family).

friends of mine, who's fathers would have brought them, would have supported Finn Harps, and because of this i always had a soft spot for them as a kid. But no one ever brought me to a game, and there was little other exposure; so my passing interest never went beyond that and fizzled out when i moved away.

in my early teens music took over my life and i stopped following soccer (although bizarrely this was the period in which I had the most success as a player), then in my later teens, just through passing exposure, I fell in love with the style of football Arsene Wenger's teams play with and suddenly started taking note of the premier league again. in fact AW and that current young group of Arsenal players are probably the only reason i still watch the league. so you could say the two reasons i follow the EPL are the high levels of exposure and quality of the product.

Great reply got to say... I just wish more people would even give half the interest they do in their foreign/cross channel/first teams. Whatever you want to call them.

I'd never stop watching or loving Manchester United, its in me and has been since the late 80s. But Bohs is now in me too and itn't take much. I think its great to hop on a bus every friday or walk from work knowing Im going to a live football match and having a real interest and hope for a team.

‘two sides of the ground were practically empty, and at times the mood resembled that of a funeral League of Ireland ground on a damp Friday’.

According to a poster on foot.ie, that quote was in the Sunday Tribune about the Ireland Georgia game.

Talk about a cheap shot at the league.

A few things, always had a deep love for London as a city, why support Arsenal as a result? well the London link played a huge part, secondly, luck, saw David Rocastle play for England, really impressed with him as a player and so found out who he played for, thirdly my first live football match, was at Highbury, a very dull/bore 1-0 penalty win, but it was love at first sight with Highbury as a stadium, if you have ever seen the film Fever Pitch when he first walks to his seat at Highbury, that was me, the pitch the stands, the clock end, I was just in love and still am. I can still remember what song was playing as I entered the stands for that first time. Arsenal got to me first before a loi club,obviously the English league was and still is a higher profile league, so the English league has a huge headstart when it comes to getting supporters and I think it always will. I would never knock the loi, because I know nothing about it, but you won't see me at a loi match because I have no interest in the loi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Yet you haven't specified whats wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

here why i dont watch LOI football/alot of these stand for any type of live football i suppose.
    1. i usually prefer to watch matches on TV anyway.
    2. standard is rubbish, ive been to about 5 matches this season, and its as exciting as watching paint dry.
    3. its usually freezeing/raining at games!
    4. when ya think about it, soccer isnt the most entertaining game anyway.
    5. no big screens for the replays!
    6. listening to clowns in the crowd roar abuse at players instead of supporting them.
    7.15 euro(no thanks)
    8. LOI players think their sh*t dont stink
    9.id perfer to be in a pub

thats about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

here why i dont watch LOI football/alot of these stand for any type of live football i suppose.
    2. standard is rubbish, ive been to about 5 matches this season, and its as exciting as watching paint dry.
    6. listening to clowns in the crowd roar abuse at players instead of supporting them.
    7.15 euro(no thanks)

thats about it.
    LOL

The quintessential barstooler speaketh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

7.15 euro(no thanks)

thats about it.

So you'd never go to a Premiership game either then? Because most of those points would apply to those games too.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So you'd never go to a Premiership game either then? Because most of those points would apply to those games too.

i know, ive said that but......standard of football comes into play with that...............

would i go watch robhino,ronaldo,deco...etc etc.... yes. i would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

CHD wrote: »
    In Before The Lock

FAIL!!!!

Back on topic....standard is crap as far as I'm concerned!

i know, ive said that but......standard of football comes into play with that...............

would i go watch robhino,ronaldo,deco...etc etc.... yes. i would.

Well then all those points you made about the weather, big screens, people in the crowd etc don't come into it.

You're one and only relevant gripe with the league is the standard. No need to diss the other aspects which in actual fact apply to pretty much every league in the world.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Aston Villa v. Liverpool was worse than any LOI game I've seen this year...and at Rovers there's been a few bad ones.:D

Well then all those points you made about the weather, big screens, people in the crowd etc don't come into it.

You're one and only relevant gripe with the league is the standard. No need to diss the other aspects which in actual fact apply to pretty much every league in the world.

ok, the facilities,standard,atmosphere,players,stadiums,pitches has nothing to do with it.:rolleyes:

your right, its much better to watch finn harps V derry city then liverpool v everton:rolleyes:

and ive already said, yes, most of my points stand for every live football match.....

ok, the facilities,standard,atmosphere,players,stadiums,pitches has nothing to do with it.:rolleyes:

your right, its much better to watch finn harps V derry city then liverpool v everton:rolleyes:

and ive already said, yes, most of my points stand for every live football match.....

Yet you would be able to overlook them based on who was actually playing. That's my point.

If you really, really wanted to you could overlook everything else if the standard was up to scratch.

If, hypothetically, Robinho, Deco, Ronaldinho etc guest appeared for Bohs in an eL game would you go?

Yet you would be able to overlook them based on who was actually playing. That's my point.

If you really, really wanted to you could overlook everything else if the standard was up to scratch.

If, hypothetically, Robinho, Deco, Ronaldinho etc guest appeared for Bohs in an eL game would you go?

well as i said, im not sure if i fancy watching live football anyway, i pefer watching on TV.
    but to answer your second question
    for 15 euro??? 100%:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

umm yeah.. i went to see liverpool and everton in anfield a season or two ago and it was one of the most tediously boring nil all draws I have ever seen in my whole entire life.

i went to see derry city and finn harps on patrick's weekend in the brandywell, and it was an absolute cracker, possibly one of the best games ive seen all year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

All my mates are Shels fans and there was a period of time that I tried to get into it(for the sake of my social life). But I just found the standard of football poor but that's just a minor issue for me. I'd be willing to go still, as I said, I often find myself with jack all to do on a Friday. But I wasn't impressed with the prices-15 euro when I was going and I'm told that this is the same today, when they a league lower. Before anyone says I'm a cheepskate, I'm not, I'm a student and I just want a bit of value for money that's all. Plus, for the all times I went with my student card I was refused more than once based on "the look of me" (and admittedly because my mates were trying to blag their way in as students too:pac:). So for all these reasons I have no time for it.

On a side note, I don't think anyone should be ashamed that they became a fan of an english club because all their brothers were. You are born into a house that are all passionate fans, and that will inevitably rub off on you. It's the same with my mates who are Shels fans, they got into it because their dads were passionate fans. I wonder if they would have supported the League of Ireland had they not been born and bred Shels fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

well as i said, im not sure if i fancy watching live football anyway, i pefer watching on TV.

Not having a go at you, but Christ, I'm in my 30's and I never thought I'd hear this in my lifetime. Murdoch really has won. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    All my mates are Shels fans and there was a period of time that I tried to get into it(for the sake of my social life). But I just found the standard of football poor but that's just a minor issue for me. I'd be willing to go still, as I said, I often find myself with jack all to do on a Friday. But I wasn't impressed with the prices-15 euro when I was going and I'm told that this is the same today, when they a league lower. Before anyone says I'm a cheepskate, I'm not, I'm a student and I just want a bit of value for money that's all. Plus, for the all times I went with my student card I was refused more than once based on "the look of me" (and admittedly because my mates were trying to blag their way in as students too:pac:). So for all these reasons I have no time for it.

Hold on a second. First of all, its ten euro for a student at Tolka and secondly, I don't believe for a second you were refused entry!! In all my years going to Tolka I've never seen anyone turned away. Stop telling porkies

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Hold on a second. First of all, its ten euro for a student at Tolka and secondly, I don't believe for a second you were refused entry!! In all my years going to Tolka I've never seen anyone turned away. Stop telling porkies

I was refused admittance for a student ticket but admittedly it was likely because my mates were trying to blag their way in as students. So instead of getting in for a student price I had to pay the adult price of 15 euro. I have no reason to tell porkies, I haven't got a vendetta against LoI.:)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I was refused admittance for a student ticket but admittedly it was likely because my mates were trying to blag their way in as students. So instead of getting in for a student price I had to pay the adult price of 15 euro. I have no reason to tell porkies, I haven't got a vendetta against LoI.:)

Well the fact that you were arguing over a fiver should have been enough proof that you were a student! :p

Well the fact that you were arguing over a fiver should have been enough proof that you were a student! :p

Hey, that's one less pint after the game!:D

I even had my student card but my mates sullied my good name!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I know people who get in with 7 year old student cards (not condoning that but that's another argument) so why would you be turned away with an valid student card?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I know people who get in with 7 year old student cards (not condoning that but that's another argument) so why would you be turned away with an valid student card?

My mates trying to pull a fast one I think. They wouldn't even look at my card.:pac: It's not a big deal, I can't blame them for insisting I pay full whack since my mates kicked up such a fuss trying to get in as students.

Irish soccer is suffering because of how some people feel about this, and if alot of people made a tiny effort (Its not that hard to catch on to a team and support them) it would help the national team, the local communities and the country on a whole an awful lot.

Plus for a fact it aint as bad as people make out...well it isnt at Dalymount ;)

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote: »
    Not having a go at you, but Christ, I'm in my 30's and I never thought I'd hear this in my lifetime. Murdoch really has won. :(

His entire post was truely depressing.

I blame Bebo.

Advertisement