Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N96 On 3

• 03-09-2008 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Just finished speaking to a supervisor with 3, who tells me they will be supplying the N96 in the next month and a half.No info on pricing.
    I also thanked him for the geography lesson in explaining that Britain and Ireland are different.
    Ive been with the company four years,no issues or problems,havent upgraded because i was happy with my 6680.
    To upgrade to the N95 would be 379e
    Expansys would cost 370e
    3 UK N95 8GB would cost 200e
    After a 33min phone call the best he could do was give me the old N95 for 240e

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I was on '3' for a brief period but I found them to be too expensive so I changed back to Meteor. Oh and that anytime I rang their Customer Care I never got through to someone who's first language was English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They've been concentrating on the N96 for a long time, there's some very good phones on the way in the next month or 2......i'd hold out another few weeks....You should take an upgrade every time they offer it as your due a free one every year regardless of spend....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You should take an upgrade every time they offer it as your due a free one every year regardless of spend....

another 12 month contract, certainly not free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've an N95 so an upgrade is pointless as they don't have any better phones. If the N96 follows the usual pricing strategy then it will be better to buy a sim free version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If the N96 follows the usual pricing strategy then it will be better to buy a sim free version.

There getting better, the Samsung Tocco and Sony C902 are now starting at €99 and the Nokia 6220 with 3mts free maps is only €29 which is a step in the right direction....who knows they could be building up the war chest to give the N96 away for free or very little....;)

The price for TV has come down a good bit now as well, setanta was €5.99pw but you can now get Sky Sports for €1.99pw with unlimited usage and no data charges........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The Tocco is not listed on the site - and isn't it something like €29 on Vodafone or Meteor etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Maybe i should wait for the N85, Seems to have similar spec to the N95 8GB..

Maybe stick with the trusty 6680...................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

jenno86 wrote: »
    I was on '3' for a brief period but I found them to be too expensive so I changed back to Meteor. Oh and that anytime I rang their Customer Care I never got through to someone who's first language was English.
    oh, not that smelly old cliche! Or is the incompetence you get from o2/meteor and vodafone staff based on the fact that their official first language is Irish? Does that do sth to their wiring, so they think the k800 is 3 megaBYTE camera, and that an access point is where you enter the nightclub when you're under 18, and ...
    Oh, whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

...the Nokia 6220 with 3mts free maps is only €29...

Where did you see that phone for sale, its not on three.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Drunkmonkey where are you getting these prices? What dates are the phones launched?

• Advertisement
Advertisement