Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Zero Punctuation Review Eve Online

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I came to post this. I thought it was quite shit as Zero Punctuation goes. Alarm bells went off when he announced at the very start that he had no intention of going anywhere near player-run corporations. Alarm bells were upgraded to alert level 1 when he started describing combat as a boring slog where two people just blast away at each other.

As awesome as he usually is, this is clearly the opinion of a pvp-virgin confused Empire noob who never gave the game a chance. Add him to the pile of corpses at the base of Eve's difficulty scale on that graph we see floating around.

He did make two excellent points though: All of Eve looks identical no matter where you go, and that the skill system is really shit for people starting out, where you simply cannot do anything to make it so you can use interesting equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Better than grinding ****ing levels tbh.

Still havent watched it, not that bothered if hes going to review a mmo with the objective of avoiding interaction with other players.

That said, only **** corps would take in a 14 day trialist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Crap "review" he really shouldnt take the piss out of a game he doesnt have the time to understand or get the most out of stick to gears of war and portal :rolleyes:

Portal is amazing.

yes but its around 2 hours long perfect for his add :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Well the whole point is that he takes the piss out of games. Very few games he has anything nice to say about. From the point of view of someone trying the game on the two week trial his observations were spot on and very funny, but not as good as other reviews he's done

Its a shame he doesn't have the time to play the game for 6 months, at which point Eve starts to get a bit interesting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Maddzy wrote: »

Its a shame he doesn't have the time to play the game for 6 months, at which point Eve starts to get a bit interesting :P

:eek::eek:

6 months? If it took a girl 6 weeks to get a bit interesting I might say fair enough, but a game? Really?

This really isn't a sh!t stirring post but I'm intrigued by these kinds of games that actually require such devotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

bigkev49 wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

6 months? If it took a girl 6 weeks to get a bit interesting I might say fair enough, but a game? Really?

This really isn't a sh!t stirring post but I'm intrigued by these kinds of games that actually require such devotion.

Thats what all the MMO's are about most of the time, a great big time sink, hence the success of WoW, Eve and many other MMO's but a lot of them haven't had the same success. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭kaahooters

did anyone expect him to say anything other than what he said, its all true and hes gone about reviewing it like anyone else would if they didnt have the time or wnat to put in the effort to play like some of us do (did).
    over on the scrapheap theres like 20 odd pages of ppl whing "omg hes telling the truth about the game" and , ccp didnt want thoes new subs anyway"

personally i thought he was true to his review stlye with eve as any other game

also, hes not as funny, seems like hes lost intrest in reviewing.

kaahooters wrote: »
    its all true

No, its not, and thats what most of the complaints are about. He described combat as a matter of whoever has the biggest ship winning after they mindlessly blast away at each other for a while. Which is a very ignorant comment considering that nano-gangs have been king for quite some time.

While on that topic, how gay is the latest patch?

• Advertisement

Well it does demonstrate what someone who hates MMOs might think about EVE.

Its an MMO, your enjoyment of the game really does depend on who youre playing it with. If youre playing it with a crowd of ***** [ Goonswarm?] youll quit inside 6 days, let alone 6 months. If youre playing it with decent, honourable, exceptional players [ Band of Brothers?] youll be playing it for years and trolling CAOD long after you stopped logging in.

Christ, CAOD is like a free expansion pack for EVE. Create an alt and join today!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Sand wrote: »
    If youre playing it with decent, honourable, exceptional players [ Band of Brothers?]

:pac:

**** all exceptional about your average bobbit.. and as for decent and honourable..

As for this guys review.. meh.. hes right about a lot of things.. The starting skills in eve are too low.. it can take upto 6 months before the game is playable.. at any sort of level. 14 days is far too short to tell you anything about Eve.

Trolled +1....

Ah yes, reeling them in

I mean...Molle is the greatest, you all suck, BoB>alles!

If youre playing it with a crowd of ***** [ Goonswarm?] youll quit inside 6 days, let alone 6 months.

Goons are awesome if you're a goon. People tend to assume they treat each other the way they treat everyone else. They don't.

Of course I'm not counted any more :pac:

Zillah wrote: »
    Goons are awesome if you're a goon. People tend to assume they treat each other the way they treat everyone else. They don't.

Why dont you get kicked with out any ablity to plead your case about it :p

Because spies would deny they were spies obviously and people who werent spies would also deny they were spies. So arguing your case wouldnt really prove anything I guess. So basically Zillahs a spy.

Because spies would deny they were spies obviously and people who werent spies would also deny they were spies. So arguing your case wouldnt really prove anything I guess. So basically Zillahs a spy.

You and your logic

Advertisement