Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW Polo - no power steering

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Max_Damage wrote: »
    For Christ sake, it's not a truck you're driving. :rolleyes:

i f*ckin know that but its f*ckin hard to park OK!!!!!:D anyhows, as LAADDDYYYYYY I think Im entitled to find it a bit difficult.

Thanks everyone for the replies, Feel lilke a complete muppet when im trying to park but gonna give it a couple of weeks and see how we go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I was drivin a ibiza two years ago and there's no gettin use to turnin the wheel while stationary! Its bloody hard work on the arms!!! I know you're not supposed to turn the wheel while stationary but ya know!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PMSL!:D

I think we should stop until Darragh comes back to defend himself

You might be waiting. I'd say he's giving the thread a wide berth. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Stekelly wrote: »
    You might be waiting. I'd say he's giving the thread a wide berth. :)

Lol, not the first time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ianobrien wrote: »
    I drive a couple of cars without power steering, and it's much easier to turn the wheel if the car's moving.
    Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I was drivin a ibiza two years ago and there's no gettin use to turnin the wheel while stationary! Its bloody hard work on the arms!!! I know you're not supposed to turn the wheel while stationary but ya know!
    This is the advice you need to heed.

Do not try to turn the wheels when the car is stationary. Even when moving at a snail's pace, they will be much easier to turn.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Mr.David wrote: »
    That guy in the article is talking out of his A hole! Over inflating tyres most certainly DOES reduce contact patch and distort the shape (despite the belt in the tyre). It also wears tyres more quickly, harshens the ride and makes you more susceptible to a puncture. Critically though, TRACTION is reduced and on the limit handling can become unpredictable due to the lack of sidewall compliance.

I have data from the 'Ring for analysing tyre pressure vs. lateral distortion, contact patch area etc and hence can state that this is 100% true. Some redneck idiot copper driving hick SUVs on two wheels is not to be trusted!!

It is advisable to keep your tyres to the recommended (or over by 10%) pressures. Better to (slightly) over inflate than under inflate. But not to the max level quoted on the sidewall.
    it's policy in several police depts - I'll let you tell them they're wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Redpunto wrote: »
    i f*ckin know that but its f*ckin hard to park OK!!!!!:D anyhows, as LAADDDYYYYYY I think Im entitled to find it a bit difficult.

Yeah, the polo is hard work with no power steering alright - certainly much harder than the equivalent micra. A friend of ours had one, and she never really found it getting any easier.

Advertisement