Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rancilio Silvia - Should I buy???

• 03-09-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading from a DeLonghi to the Silvia but I am still undecided. Has anyone had any bad experiences with the Silvia?? Also any suggestions on any alternatives within the same price bracket would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

What grinder have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Have my Silvia about 7-8 years now and only problem ever was a blows thermostat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    What grinder have you?
    I got a pasquini moka 90 which I love.

So has any one got any suggestions on alternatives or should I go ahead? I read somewhere that you cannot see the level of water in the tank, which would seem like an obvious down side....

Really there isn't much else in the price bracket worth considering. I think you'll probably be quite happy with Silvia, and there's a wealth of online info about getting all the paramaters right.

I just asked about the grinder to see if you needed to make any other purchases - but that grinder will do nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.home-barista.com/silvia-flash-review.html
    The above is worth a read. From what I've read around the various
    sites and fora it's a good machine once you get the knack of using it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

Great link Gran Hermano, thanks. I rang Caffé Italia but they no longer stock the Silvia, but they suggested this one LINK . I have never heard of this brand (Quick Mill) so i was wondering if any one shed any light on this model????

-Thanks

Don't bother with the Orione - Quick Mill make good machines, but in the higher end.

Why not pick up a Silvia from watermark.ie - prices seem decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

(I was actually pricing up a Quickmill Anita for myself this morn'
    what a coincidence). :D

(I was actually pricing up a Quickmill Anita for myself this morn'
    what a coincidence). :D
    *jealousy*

Advertisement