Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open beta key giveaways

Options
  • 03-09-2008 6:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭

It's a bit light on details but GOA have announced they're giving away thousands of keys through various WAR fansites.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en101&lang=en

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

700 at only war, think I'm registered there. 700 though, is there anyone NOT gonna be in this?
    Starting to worry about server load and lag :/

edit- they did something over there now I have to re-register :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

They are giving out beta keys and play haven't even sent out theirs for customers yet :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

R0ot wrote: »
    They are giving out beta keys and play haven't even sent out theirs for customers yet :mad:

I got my keys weeks ago from PLAY. CE copy though. I would be worried at this stage if I hadn't got them.:(

I registered on all the sites there. So YOU lot who dont have a key better cross your fingers cause Im in beta allready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

KoKane wrote: »
    Starting to worry about server load and lag :/

GOA will be using this time for final stress testng of their hardware systems before the game goes live, so they want as many people as possible. Sure it may cause inconvenience, but some people seem to forget that a beta is a testing period, not a just free first glance at the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If anyone gets more than one key, I would really appreciate your spare one :)

p.s anyone having trouble with that website ? I get a black page with the warhammer logo and nothing else.

bubonicus wrote: »
    I got my keys weeks ago from PLAY. CE copy though. I would be worried at this stage if I hadn't got them.:(

Email time me thinks. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tusky wrote: »
    If anyone gets more than one key, I would really appreciate your spare one :)

p.s anyone having trouble with that website ? I get a black page with the warhammer logo and nothing else.

Go to www.war-europe.com rather than war-europe.com.

Cheers. Signed up to a few of the sites. Went onto Only-War.com and found out how to get a key. You basically just have to post in this big stickied thread which is now locked =/

Sigh it would appear they changed the date in the terms of the pre-order quite recently:
    Pre-Order Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning from Play.com before midnight Sunday 14th September and receive early access to the game and 2 in-game item unlocks. Instructions on how to claim this pre-order offer will be sent Monday 15th September.

It said the 2nd at one stage. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/230982-warhammer-open-beta-key-giveaway.html

thats how you get it. sign up , join the group, they email it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Once I get a beta key what's the next step? I guess I have to start downloading the client from rapidshare?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Once I get a beta key what's the next step? I guess I have to start downloading the client from rapidshare?

Create a game account in the GOA account management system, which still isn't up. You can download the client wherever suits your circumstances best, but I'd suggest the torrent as the best way to avoid/correct any corruption.

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/warhammer308/230982-warhammer-open-beta-key-giveaway.html

thats how you get it. sign up , join the group, they email it to you.

Great, thanks. Fingers crossed. When does the open beta begin ? Tomorrow ?

Tusky wrote: »
    Great, thanks. Fingers crossed. When does the open beta begin ? Tomorrow ?

Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

just got mine from freddyshouse :) re-activated my old daoc forum account i had on it to apply :) quite happy with their method of handing them out

Same as above got a key from freddyshouse, if my pre-order key arrives before Sunday i'll give this one out to someone here instead. :D

Got a key from freddyshouse, w00t.

www.multiplay.co.uk have 50,000 keys.

Warhammered have some too according to GOA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

50k? jaysus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

got mine at multiplay :)

How. I registered and that, followed the link that said "go here for your key" but gave NO indication of who what where when or why :/

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

but gave NO indication of who what where when or why :/
    :D

basically I followed the following steps

1. http://www.fileplay.net/keys/warhammer ....put in DoB and region

2. http://www.fileplay.net/keys/warhammer/account ..... entered my login info

3. http://www.fileplay.net/keys/warhammer/requestkey.... clicked request to join

4. Presto.....screen appeared with the beta key

Yeah I got mine there.

If anyone has a second email, or gmail with a load of invites lol, it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

WARPBE-BUNJ7-XWCM-K9DYT-U5Y7-NJX8VU

Here is a key for any one that wants try use it first. It was on another forum from an american that got a key thinking he could use it (I bet 50% of the keys were wasted like this. sigh)

So anyone that's desperate and doesn't have a key and wants to sit around all tomorrow and wait for registration be my guest! :D

Are those 50k keys from multiplay for EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Are those 50k keys from multiplay for EU?

Yeah and I would be surprised theirs none left.

Ten ton hammer giving away 10,000 keys

Advertisement