Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get a Web site built

Options
  • 03-09-2008 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Looking to get a small web site built , nothing too fancy .

Anyone got any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Oiche_mhaith

you'll need to get yourself a spanner and a monkey rench, skirting board ladders come in handy for the hard bits to reach, if you are going pro ask an architect

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭narkymarky

Check out <snip> - they are based in galway. have dealt with them in the past and got some good advice - happy to recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

you'll need to get yourself a spanner and a monkey rench, skirting board ladders come in handy for the hard bits to reach, if you are going pro ask an architect

you forgot the sticky tape , you need loads and loads of sticky tape

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi, There was a company named <snip>who ran a competition last week on the boards. I think they could build a basic site in about 1hour at a cost of 400 euros. <snip>
    I have never used them so I could not say much more about them

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

I have a guy that does mine, Very good and has great ideas, and not too expensive.

PM me if you want his email address

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Irish_racing

Looking for something like this site for a few mates and i to post sports betting advice.

http://www.horseracingforums.co.uk

Ps i dont have anything to do with teh above forum just looking for something similar , 400 seems a lot

Irish racing,

I am not an expert, but I would imagine that type of webiste you are looking for would cost more than 400.
    When I went looking at a website that had to have the ability for people to post and upload items, it cost me well over 1000.00 Euro . Good luck with your search !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Try <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 business-mentor

What is your niche related?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

400 is cheap.

Omniserve is suited to starter sites/small businesses with content that doesn't change.

You could go down the blog route if you've only a few content contibutors. Depending how clued up you are and how simple you keep it, it could cost as little as a 100.

Also careful on looking for services here. I recommend you head over to adverts for that. If you originally posted this in Web Dev it would usually be locked and you would directed to adverts.ie

hth
    \r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 blainebullman

Hi,
    Have you got a budget?Any style you like? or any websites you like the look of?Is the main point of the website usability/design etc.Try to narrow down what's important then look for a company that will provide what you need.Also look for reviews and testimonials of design companies that are not provided to you by themselves on their website.Good luck
    Blaine Bullman
    favicon.ico PR: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico I: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico L: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico LD: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico I: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL][URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico C: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]favicon.ico SD: [URL="javascript:{}"]wait...[/URL]
    [IMG]chrome://seoquake/content/skin/close.gif[/IMG]

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Uncle Chenzo

Go to www.scriptlance.com

and get sorted for buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shane.burroughs

I can build you a site.

prices from 300 euro

Visit my site to see my portfolio and get my phone number etc.

<snip>

Regards

shane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

<snip>

Link doesn't work.
    Looking for something like this site for a few mates and i to post sports betting advice.

http://www.horseracingforums.co.uk

Ps i dont have anything to do with teh above forum just looking for something similar , 400 seems a lot

400 is dirt cheap, I know someone who design my website ( with very good seo ) but it will cost about you about 1200 excluding the domain name and hosting.

Hi

My fault I spelt the link wrong. Shoule read
    [snip]

As I said in my original post I did not use them so I can't say anything about them.

regards

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Till Rolls

I can Highly recommend <snip> Money wise,everything depends on what you want to do with your site, can go from a few 100 to several 1000s/10,000s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Something-Wkd

Try <snip>

Very reasonable prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OldRope

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Moved from Marketing with all the marketeers removed...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moved from Marketing with all the marketeers removed...

Think you missed one up above in post #18

To the OP I would advice what is normally given and should have already, go to www.adverts.ie and strick up an ad there outlining what you want although as some have said what you want might work out a bit more than a budget site so you might have to hit google and get a few quotes from the companies on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Hi, There was a company named <snip>who ran a competition last week on the boards. I think they could build a basic site in about 1hour at a cost of 400 euros. <snip>
    I have never used them so I could not say much more about them

Good luck

You'll be able to get a website done for about €200, including search engine optimization, as long as you dont want it to take credit card payments and the like.

I know several, but i got banned last time i posted the name of a company just asking for info so i wont name any. They are easily found via google though.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭donnaille

I can build you a site.

prices from 300 euro

Visit my site to see my portfolio and get my phone number etc.

<snip>

Regards

shane
    not the best <snip>ing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Why dont you just set up a free forum on a free hosting service? It sounds like it will only be you and a few friends, if you dont need to advertise it then an unusual link wont matter and you wont need a domain name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

To be honest, I feel like getting the <snip> done on my site.
    Too many kids running riot these days thinking they know it all.

I can do a website for you for under five hundred euro. I know a web company that can do your site for €5000. But remember, you get what you pay for. Don't go skimpy on a website, pay the money, do it right. And it's better to have no website, than to have a cheap one.

Go looking for websites on google.ie. When you find a nice site, check who built it, then check their portfolio. Ask for a quote.

Boards.ie won't find them for you - well it will, but it won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'm absolutely stunned at the amount of people quoting here without even a basic outline spec.

It's like walking into a car dealership and saying "I want a car, any ideas?" The first thing you'll be asked is a series of questions as to what you want it for or what you want it to do.

If you don't answer those, you could be looking at €12,000 for a small, low-quality hatchback to €250,000 for a high-spec, high-quality, high-performance car.

And if you get a website done for anything under €500, you can say goodbye to search engine positioning, functionality, CMS and loads of other things.

If it's a forum-only site, then yeah, a basic bulletin board can range from free to €200, and it can be installed and configured relatively cheaply, but how many users are likely to hit it, etc ? A low-usage forum vs a forum like boards.ie are completely different scenarios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I'm absolutely stunned at the amount of people quoting here without even a basic outline spec.

It's like walking into a car dealership and saying "I want a car, any ideas?" The first thing you'll be asked is a series of questions as to what you want it for or what you want it to do.

If you don't answer those, you could be looking at €12,000 for a small, low-quality hatchback to €250,000 for a high-spec, high-quality, high-performance car.

And if you get a website done for anything under €500, you can say goodbye to search engine positioning, functionality, CMS and loads of other things.

If it's a forum-only site, then yeah, a basic bulletin board can range from free to €200, and it can be installed and configured relatively cheaply, but how many users are likely to hit it, etc ? A low-usage forum vs a forum like boards.ie are completely different scenarios.

God websites are2 a penny these days. I used to work solely in web dev myself and to be honest i wouldnt even waste my time doing my own website these days as it so cheap to get good ones made by a third party.

Anyone quoting you over €200 - €300 for a basic website and basic SEO (which is all 90% of customers need, so dont let them upsell you beyond your needs either) is ripping you off - fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

KhanTheMan wrote: »
    Anyone quoting you over €200 - €300 for a basic website and basic SEO (which is all 90% of customers need, so dont let them upsell you beyond your needs either) is ripping you off - fact.

Are we talking a templated site here, or a decent custom design with proper branding and proper functionality ? Because 200 - 300 is an absolute max of 2 days' work from a proper professional, and I've done sites where 2 days' work, meetings, discussions, etc, has barely gotten the look of the site locked down.

So please don't go using phrases like "ripping you off - fact" without clarifying just how basic you're talking about - it's insulting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

KhanTheMan wrote:
    Utter rubbish. Where is someone going with 200- 300 euro today. Does that include web hosting?, setting up charges etc. Does that include a unique design? - Does that include a CMS? How can you make a general statement that a basic site with SEO should cost no more than €300

Edit: Yes as Liam says, it is insulting.

Advertisement