Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any courses available now?

Options
  • 03-09-2008 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I was just wondering is there any courses available now that i could do?
    i know its very late in the year to be doing this
    im sure nearly everything needs to applied for at least 2 months in advance but its worth a try
    please let me know if you know any thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

theres over 200 available courses on www.cao.ie

click vacant places on the left when you enter the site

Mature applicants and applicants who have qualifications other than 1985-2007 Irish Leaving Cert and/or 2000-2007 FETAC Level 5/6 are categorised as Non-Standard Applicants. Such applicants must contact the appropriate HEI before completing an application.

some courses start monday so hurry up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭newbie123

what do u mean have to contact the appropriate HEI before completing an application?
    im a mature student i was supposed to go into bar management but i didnt realise i had to send them my certs i thought theyd have them on record, i rang them an d they told me to send my certs straight away to make it in for the second round, and i have heard nothing from them so i assume i havnt got it,
    if i applied for somthing else im interested in like electronic engineering would i be eligable as a mature student?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

ring the admissions office of the college you are interested in before you apply to the cao. that is effectively what it says on the cao website.

bar management is still available in galway-mayo institute of technnology if you are interested in going there

as long as you are over 23 you are a mature student whatever the course

theres a few electronic engineering courses there

follow up the course you applied for anyway. maybe you missed the deadline for the second round but will get an offer next week. the college might be able to tell you if you are on the list

whatever you do.....do it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭newbie123

why do i ring them?
    do i ask if its ok if i can attend theyr collage or what?
    galway is a bit far for me

Advertisement