Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetables

Options
  • 03-09-2008 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Does anyone know when the class timetables will be available? Will they be posted on the notice boards for each course or is there any way of getting them online?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If your a first year, they are usually provided on the induction day IIRC.

If not, the timetables might not be up until term starts and will be on your schools notice board. They are online, but its not very reliable and a bit confusing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Monday, any time between 9 and 5 on your campus, (main or College rd.) for 1st years anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lou110

the timetable is out on monday. whichever campus ur on u get it there between 9 and 5. im on the main cork road one so in that one im sure you get it in the registrars office in the main building there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Just go to your school office notice board or school office and they'll give you one, you might not find them very polite at this time of year tho as they are under a lot of stress poor guys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Usually in the Atrium on the first day for freshers.

Everyone else needs to visit their school notice boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

stick-dan wrote: »
    Just go to your school office and they'll give you one, you might not find them very polite at this time of year tho as they are under a lot of stress poor guys :P

Not every school gives them out - I know the School of Business doesn't anyway

noted and amended

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Yossarian_Lives

The Union said last year that we would be sent out the time tables via email with our semester exam time table too.

The Union said last year that we would be sent out the time tables via email with our semester exam time table too.

They did? First I heard of it. Sounds a bit of a tough job!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I got **** all. For all I know the College has been nuked :P.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    They did? First I heard of it. Sounds a bit of a tough job!

yeah I remember Shane kelly said it last year in the College Street Class rep meeting, that the reason why there was a mess up wit the timetable last year was that there was a glitch in the software and that next year (i.e. this year) it would be different and the time tables would be E-Mailed to us and the exam time tables would be with them,

probably not an easy job but thats what happens in many colleges and unis and was supposed to happen here,

oh well shouldnt be too surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah it should have happened here, its not too much to ask by any means. But it didn't I am beginning to see why people bitch about the college whenever Uni status is ever braught up .

Yeah because the organisation in the college is an absolute farce! It was hard enough to get a timetable from our school today and when i finally did the year head told us it would be completely changed at the beginning of next week and i was like what the hell is the point. Surely it isn't too much to ask for a little organisation like.

Yeah because the organisation in the college is an absolute farce! It was hard enough to get a timetable from our school today and when i finally did the year head told us it would be completely changed at the beginning of next week and i was like what the hell is the point. Surely it isn't too much to ask for a little organisation like.

I got the timetable easy... just walked up, asked for it, and got it. Its been up on the noticeboard since yesterday... (for those wondering, this chap is in the same course/year).

I think people haven't selected their streams which might add to the timetable delay also.

yeah I remember Shane kelly said it last year in the College Street Class rep meeting, that the reason why there was a mess up wit the timetable last year was that there was a glitch in the software and that next year (i.e. this year) it would be different and the time tables would be E-Mailed to us and the exam time tables would be with them,

probably not an easy job but thats what happens in many colleges and unis and was supposed to happen here,

oh well shouldnt be too surprised

The glitch was with the exam timetables, not the class timetables - no? I didn't manage to get to all meetings, but I usually got a run down of what was said after - just don't recall them saying that. It would be great if they did this, but, if its available on the web I don't see the point. Interesting though.

I got the timetable easy... just walked up, asked for it, and got it. Its been up on the noticeboard since yesterday... (for those wondering, this chap is in the same course/year).

What has that got to do with anything, most of us weren't in college on Monday and this morning the school office was choc a bloc i stood there for 30 minutes waiting for my timetable as a result nearly missing lectures and then to be told by our year head that it will all change next week.The School Office should be open earlier for the first week, Where is the sense in opening at 10 on induction week? It's a lack of Dedication and Organization on behalf of waterford IT on what is always an extremely busy week regardless of anything and there is no excuse.

On a side note the new building is extremely impressive.:D

What has that got to do with anything,

A small matter of addressing "Well, each course is different" comments in advance.
    most of us weren't in college on Monday and this morning the school office was choc a bloc i stood there for 30 minutes waiting for my timetable as a result nearly missing lectures and then to be told by our year head that it will all change next week.The School Office should be open earlier for the first week, Where is the sense in opening at 10 on induction week? It's a lack of Dedication and Organization on behalf of waterford IT on what is always an extremely busy week regardless of anything and there is no excuse.

Or you could just come down on the Monday early and check the timetable, instead of waiting till the last minute. Besides, your lucky to be even getting a printout - a lot of the business students gotta jot them down by hand. I cant blame the school office for the delay tbh, its lazy students there!

Reception on the other hand, well, I suppose online registration cuts that down a bit but im not sure what else can be done to improve that..

(But yes, overall, unorganised is a nice word for the college)

The glitch was with the exam timetables, not the class timetables - no? I didn't manage to get to all meetings, but I usually got a run down of what was said after - just don't recall them saying that. It would be great if they did this, but, if its available on the web I don't see the point. Interesting though.

im not sure, but the question that was asked was about class timetables and they explained the problem that was had at the start and even throughout most of the year for some i.e. lecturers not knowing what room they were in, classes in the wrong class and the constant changing of times etc (which two days in seems to be fine). and then they said that next year each student will recieve their time tables for classes and semester exam time tables, but the meeting was like in february so i mite be mistaken but im fairly sure that is want was said. ah sure it didnt happen it didnt happen what can ya do.

i suppose its somthing to look into for those who are responsible for the timetables, the department heads and other administration it would just be easier for most of the students who are coming back so they dont have to miss any lectures trying to get a time table. and as i said it happes in other places so surly it can be done.

Advertisement