Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storm cinema!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kkdela6 wrote: »
    went to see the inbetweeners there last friday night, and i thought the ads beforehand were uncomfortably loud, fair enough i hadnt been to the cinema in 3 years, but am i the only one who found it hard to bear it?

Some films can be a bit louder than normal alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

spookwoman wrote: »
    I'd love a cinema who catered for people who don't like noise when watching a film, the volume is not turned up to the last no kids allowed and no food. I HATE it when people eat popcorn with their mouths open.
    I find Storm in Waterford far to load especially when there are explosions. I made a compaint about it the last time I was there and was told it was nothing to do with them.

No offence but if all of these things bother you that much why go to the cinema. There is always going to be some noise and as you know they cannot cater for individuals. Be great if it could and maybe if the 6 numbers how up on the Lotto having a private cinema would be nice.

I am all for showings where it is adults and no kids running in and out & talking etc. Mind you adults can be worse at times. Have to say the last film I saw that was so quiet you could not hear people breath was a showing of Harry Potter & Deathly Hallows 2 on opening night.

But people eating - nothing you can do about that and films well they have to be loud. You are in a cinema after all. I do agree some films can be very loud. Parts of Super 8 were really loud and I saw a few people commenting about that, however generally I do not find films un-naturally loud. It all adds to the experience in my humble opinion. Loud for you probably would not bother a lot of people and if they turned it down for you, people would be out complaining it too low.

Maybe bring ear plugs next time that way it may help lower some of the noise for you. Sure they give them out in clubs nowdays to help with the nosie level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

My last trip was to see Star Trek and it's put me off for good. That night not only was it too loud but there was a kid running around the front.
    I'm just saying its a pity cinema's don't do maybe one screening a month with no food or kids. If someone makes noise they get removed. I'm sure there are others like me who just want to go and enjoy a movie in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

spookwoman wrote: »
    My last trip was to see Star Trek and it's put me off for good. That night not only was it too loud but there was a kid running around the front.
    I'm just saying its a pity cinema's don't do maybe one screening a month with no food or kids. If someone makes noise they get removed. I'm sure there are others like me who just want to go and enjoy a movie in peace.
    Well see then you'd have to remove people for coughing or sneezing and people whose chair creaks when they move.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Well see then you'd have to remove people for coughing or sneezing and people whose chair creaks when they move.

Forgot to mention farting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I went to the Inbetweeners movie on the 17th the first show. The amount of 10-14 year old kids shouting at the movie and trying to make there own jokes was ridiculous. Should kids as young as ten be allowed into that movie? I would love an adults only showing of some movies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

deisedave wrote: »
    I went to the Inbetweeners movie on the 17th the first show. The amount of 10-14 year old kids shouting at the movie and trying to make there own jokes was ridiculous. Should kids as young as ten be allowed into that movie? I would love an adults only showing of some movies :)

It was 16+ only, shouldn't have been there. I find Storm very helpful when it comes to complaints during films. I got my money back for transformers because 200+ Spanish students decided to arrive 5 minutes after it started, taking about 15 minutes to get seated.

Also got money back for Thor because sound was messed up. Although I did send my girlfriend to complain both times, she doesn't take no for an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jos22

isnt one of the main points of going to the cinema is to enjoy nice and loud surround sound.

altho for a long time the sound cinema in storm was crap. seem likely they finally put proper system in screen one tho. remember watching tron 3D there and it having nice and loud base speakers.

as for The Inbetweeners it was to be 18 rated but the studio cut parts to make it young teen friendly to milk the 12-16 market.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭mrsmiawallace6

Why do people think its ok to talk during a movie?

I too would like to be able to just enjoy the movie in piece. I have had people having full blow conversations during the movie. When did this become ok?

To me u can't get any ruder, why go to a movie and talk through it?

Ok rant over, Storm do seem to be very lax on the letting under age kids into older movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

jos22 wrote: »
    as for The Inbetweeners it was to be 18 rated but the studio cut parts to make it young teen friendly to milk the 12-16 market.

http://ifco.ie/website/ifco/ifcoweb.nsf/ReleaseDateLookup/983CFF41B059F83C802578E9004A5E0D?OpenDocument&OpenUp=True

That's why it's 16's, funnily enough there seems to be more male nudity than female nudity in the film. Generally anything with full frontal male nudity is 16 straight away.

Personally I think it should be 18's but when you restrict a film to 18+ only you do loose a good portion of the market.

• Advertisement

Ok rant over, Storm do seem to be very lax on the letting under age kids into older movies.

I'm afraid I must strongly disagree, (I'm assuming you are talking about 'The Inbetweeners') I myself do all I can to ensure that no-one under the age of 16 is admitted.

If you can distinguish between a 15 year old and a 16 year old (without any ID) I would really appreciate your tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I had wondered that myself, I'm not a fan of age restrictions in general. Once I was about 10/11 I'd watch pretty much any film that I liked the look of. I think that's basically why I am into films so much.

I can't imagine I would have stuck with it if I had watched age appropiate films like George of the Jungle instead of Se7en.

Interesting point made on this thread regarding Loyalty cards in Storm. I think that's a great idea. Slighty cheaper if you go one every x amount of weeks. That would be deadly.

ziedth wrote: »
    Interesting point made on this thread regarding Loyalty cards in Storm. I think that's a great idea. Slighty cheaper if you go one every x amount of weeks. That would be deadly.

I agree, I would hope something along those lines will be introduced in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

The thing that annoys me the most is when people arrive 5-8 mins late and they have the cheek to think their going to get a brilliant seats

When its packed it really annoys me, they just stroll in late and expect to get the best seats, + disturbing people.

I Usually buy starburst chewy sweets from the cinema counter and maybe a drink, but sometimes i buy a sandwich and bring it with me. :)

I Also find the sound to be very loud lately, and i hate that advert at the start whatever its called "carlton" the one with the fire and stuff, that is extremely loud and annoying, i wish they would change it.

But overall i usually go to the cinema alot, and since storm is the nearest i go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ziedth wrote: »
    I had wondered that myself, I'm not a fan of age restrictions in general. Once I was about 10/11 I'd watch pretty much any film that I liked the look of. I think that's basically why I am into films so much.

I can't imagine I would have stuck with it if I had watched age appropiate films like George of the Jungle instead of Se7en.

I remember someone else representing the cinema was on the cinema club thread looking to introduce such a thing.

The actual manager was on the cinema club thread for a bit, think he offered to give us a group deal or something for the cinema club rather than a loyalty offer, never happened because we meet so sparingly.

RobitTV wrote: »
    I Also find the sound to be very loud lately, and i hate that advert at the start whatever its called "carlton" the one with the fire and stuff, that is extremely loud and annoying, i wish they would change it.
    That Carlton thing scared the **** out of me until I was 12 or 13. Now it just kind of annoys me BUT the sound of the coals and the image of carlton burned onto the screen is synonymous with going to the cinema for me. If I saw ads and didnt see the Carlton thing now, I'd be upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hoffman390

I think for a teenager they offer good prices. I'm a big fan of film and saw most movies out this summer. Before 1pm everything was €6, unless it was 3D which cost €7.70 (as long as you brought your own 3D glasses.) After 1pm it went up to €6.80. I'm not sure what 3D showings were at this time as I never saw any (I did see Pirates of the Caribbean but I was charged €9.50 as this was before the introduction of the Teen price.) After 5 normal movies were €7.20 while 3D (with your own glasses) were €9.70. I thought the Teen introduction price was great as it was annoying having to pay Adult price every time as I don't have a Student Card. As for food, I don't buy it. I usually just buy a Pepsi Max in Tesco before. I will never buy their food again. It started when I saw Iron Man 2 and just bought a Pepsi. I can't remember but it was over €3 anyway. After that I bought in Teso. Until last November when me and my dad went to see The American. The movie was just about to start so he decided to buy food there. I wanted to get in so just said yes. 2 combos, €17. Never happening again.

Hey guys,

Just letting you know about Storm + UCI's new promotion...........

What's that?..... 40% off your tickets from September 5th - October 6th?
    It's easy, download and print this voucher to get 40% off the price of your ticket*

*Just make sure to give a glance at the terms and conditions ! :)
    http://promo.uci.ie/film40/?&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=40%+Off&utm_source=Easy+deals.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Why don't Storm have a facebook page? I tried to contact them about this once and the usual thing happened when I try and give big companies ideas - they said it's a work in progress (I contacted Lotto HQ a couple of years ago telling that they should start selling christmas crackers - imagine the possibility of winning 50k or whatever while you have your xmas dinner?)

Anyway...the page could be used for reviews, listings, times and most importantly of all...competitions. Maybe they're afraid of the possible negative comments they'd get.

• Advertisement

Anyway...the page could be used for reviews, listings, times and most importantly of all...competitions. Maybe they're afraid of the possible negative comments they'd get.
    This, but not exactly afraid.
    9/10 posts on it would be people going "OMG WTF RIP OFF MY MONEY", "ROBBING BASTARDS", "TOO COLD TOO HOT POPCORN DRINK BAG".

It's annoying and distracting and solves nothing for people, they'd just end up using it to complain and whinge. Any actual content like reviews or previews would be buried under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭skinnyboy

Why don't Storm have a facebook page? I tried to contact them about this once and the usual thing happened when I try and give big companies ideas - they said it's a work in progress (I contacted Lotto HQ a couple of years ago telling that they should start selling christmas crackers - imagine the possibility of winning 50k or whatever while you have your xmas dinner?)

I must say that idea about a lotto Christmas crackers are great fair play for giving them the idea,pity they wouldn't do them.

Why don't Storm have a facebook page?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=storm+waterford+facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

wow. How did that get by me. Must be new enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hoffman390

This 40% deal is good. If it was during the summer I'm sure I would have saved alot of money :D I hope it's not just this once and that they continue to do it every now and again. There are some movies I've wanted to see this month and I'll definitely use this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

That deal is great. Exactly the kind of thing we were talking about: giving something back to the customers. Terms and conditions don't seem like anything drastic. Nothing to stop you getting a few of these and using them during the month, is there?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Nothing to stop you getting a few of these and using them during the month, is there?

Not at all, I believe it's encouraged !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Good to see the 40% discount. I reckon its a market research way to test the waters. See if lower prices will attract many more customers, so they can make more money from popcorn etc.

I hope it works out for them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Looks like they do delete negative comments still.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Looks like they do delete negative comments still.

If you are referring to the Facebook page Sully, then yeah.... The Facebook page is run by myself to make people aware of upcoming films etc.

I don't entertain negative comments that are out of my control, if they want to give out/ complain then they must do it formally either in the cinema or via the contact us page on the website.

Advertisement