Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storm cinema!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Actually I might be wrong about those trailers.

I've seen that trailer for "Change Up" nearly 6 or 7 times now so I assume its in front of every film. Same goes for the Twilight one I've seen 5 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭libra02

Actually I might be wrong about those trailers.

I've seen that trailer for "Change Up" nearly 6 or 7 times now so I assume its in front of every film. Same goes for the Twilight one I've seen 5 times.

Thank God I have only been inflicted to the Twilight trailer once and also saw the Change Up once tow.

It just seems that even though there is alot of good movies coming out the trailers are never shown. Drives me up the wall no end.

I know to some that might seem like a small grip but I enjoy seeing the trailers of movies I want to see up on big screen instead of having to You Tube them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Comes down to the production company and the cinema AFAIK. You'll see trailers for Paramount films in front of Paramount films and such, but other times it comes down to whether or not the marketing department want to put out the trailer in front of as many films as possible. Depends on the film too. You wouldnt expect a trailer for Die Hard in front of a trailer for Sex and the City...at least I hope not....

Comes down to the production company and the cinema AFAIK. You'll see trailers for Paramount films in front of Paramount films and such, but other times it comes down to whether or not the marketing department want to put out the trailer in front of as many films as possible. Depends on the film too. You wouldnt expect a trailer for Die Hard in front of a trailer for Sex and the City...at least I hope not....

That was my take on things too but after seeing some of the trailers in front of films over past few months I am beginnning to worry.

I went to see One Day for instance which is Universal and Focus Features so I at least expcted to see Jane Eyre as it is made/ produced by same companies along with BBC Films. Target audiance would be same. Then I expcted a few films that be mixed audiance.

Instead we got Immortals, Real Steel, TTSP & The new Spiderman.

The last two would be expected but the first too I was like WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hoffman390

libra02 wrote: »
    Sorry to slightly hijack the current talk of thread but just want to ask a question.

Has anyone here seem Planet of the Apes recently and if so what movie trailer were shown?

Thanks

I got The Dark Knight Rises, Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol and Real Steel. Maybe one more but I can't remember (I saw the movie in HD on day of release so trailers may have changed.)

Thinking of seeing Fright Night on Friday but saw it's in Screen 4. During the summer I saw 2 movies in there, 3D Pirates of the Caribbean and HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (which was shown before the midnight show of Part 2. I was annoyed they just didn't show Part 1 in Screen 1 too as it would give those who made the effort to see both parts first choice of seating and we wouldn't have to get up and traverse the huge crowds. But anyway, I digress.) I have a big problem with Screen 4 as the light from the fire exit light can clearly be seen on the screen, especially in dark scenes. Since 3D makes stuff darker it was very distracting in Pirates. Not so much in HP, but still quite distracting. I hear Fright Night is very dark too :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

last film i saw had no trailers just a bunch of ads. in fact last few I saw were only ads shown . wow Jane Eyre very late going to cinema here being out on bluray in US with weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Hoffman390 wrote: »
    I got The Dark Knight Rises, Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol and Real Steel.

I saw the same.

I got The Dark Knight Rises, Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol and Real Steel. Maybe one more but I can't remember (I saw the movie in HD on day of release so trailers may have changed.)

Thinking of seeing Fright Night on Friday but saw it's in Screen 4. During the summer I saw 2 movies in there, 3D Pirates of the Caribbean and HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (which was shown before the midnight show of Part 2. I was annoyed they just didn't show Part 1 in Screen 1 too as it would give those who made the effort to see both parts first choice of seating and we wouldn't have to get up and traverse the huge crowds. But anyway, I digress.) I have a big problem with Screen 4 as the light from the fire exit light can clearly be seen on the screen, especially in dark scenes. Since 3D makes stuff darker it was very distracting in Pirates. Not so much in HP, but still quite distracting. I hear Fright Night is very dark too :/

Thanks for the info.

I saw Fright Night yesterday and it is very dark and of course with 3D makes it even darker. Is worth a visit though.

I never noticed that with cinema 4, mind you any film I go to see for the past few months have either in cinema 5, 6 or 7. I was lucky enough to see Fright Night in Screen 2.

jos22 wrote: »
    last film i saw had no trailers just a bunch of ads. in fact last few I saw were only ads shown . wow Jane Eyre very late going to cinema here being out on bluray in US with weeks.

Yeah it opened in Spring in US which I found unusual.

Considering the Irish and UK market being more familiar with the book I would have though it would have opened here first.

Cannot wait too see it as the first Irish and British reviews are coming through and have all been very potitive. I am a huge fan of the book anyway so always intereested to see a new take on it.
    Went down very great in US too from what I have read.

Anything with Michael Fassbender in it is worth a viewing - maybe not Jonah Hex. Still think he may not be worth sitting through that film

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Going crazily off topic but I got a serious man crush on Michael Fassbender ATM. He's got a Charlton Heston level of screen presence.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Going crazily off topic but I got a serious man crush on Michael Fassbender ATM. He's got a Charlton Heston level of screen presence.

Nobody would complain for going off topic if the topic is Michael Fassbender. :)

A few of my male friends also think his is a fine thing, it amazing he appeals to both the ladies and men but as you rightly said Ziedth he has some screen presence and has from interviews I have seen comes across as a really nice guy, very down to earth.

I be heading down Storm way to see Jane Eyre at weekend. Swoon;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Ghey

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Jaysus, 2Bv¬2B is getting some loada ****e :L

Have to say, I do customer care myself and I'm always very polite on the phones and do my best to answer any comments or query's.
    But if I where to go online and happened to see a query regarding the company I work for and answered it and got a torrent of abuse back I don't think I'd remain all that courteous either :L Poor Chap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Don't think he will be posting much more from what I understand anyway, by his own choice. I think most people were just pointing out that his approach to the Facebook page was wrong and some found his posts on here a tad rude. Storm in a teacup tbh. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Haha I don't blame him either.

I can certinally see why people would be mad that posts where deleted, but i suppose from his point of view why should he have to deal with a load of complaints while he was already providing one extra service without pay in his spare time? I know Facebook is probably the handiest way to complain but there are other options.

Haha, his last few posts weren't exactly friendly but he was getting hassled a bit in fairness, I'd probably end up the same way, but I'm deffinatly a smart arse :P

Went to see Fright Night yesterday. Screen 4. The light coming from the fire exit sign, and from the walkway leading to the seats is still pretty distracting at dark parts (and this is a very dark movie) but I enjoyed it alot. I wanted to see it in 2D (first time I've wanted that over 3D) but of course it's only being shown in 3D. Brought my own 3D glasses and the 40% off voucher. No hassle. Brought my Teen ticket from €8.30 to €4.90. Was surprised it was so cheap, and delighted of course. I was the only one at the movie. Second time that's happened (first was Let Me In which is actually alot like Fright Night. Remake, Vampires, doing poor at the Box Office. I even saw them in the same screen.) I definitely hope they do this promotion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Brought my own 3D glasses and the 40% off voucher. No hassle. Brought my Teen ticket from €8.30 to €4.90.

Hoffman where do I avail of these vouchers you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Hoffman where do I avail of these vouchers you speak of?

http://promo.uci.ie/film40/

Going to be using them for Fright Night later on.

That's it. It's especially great as you can use as many as you want in the time limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That's it. It's especially great as you can use as many as you want in the time limit.

Reminder you can only use one vocher per ticket.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reminder you can only use one vocher per ticket.

Yes I know. I meant it's great how you're not limited to printing just 1 discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Wow that's great thanks so much for the info. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

Hi All,

Does anyone know if 'A Lonely Place to Die' is opening in Storm? or is it another one to bypass Waterford...

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JShannow wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if 'A Lonely Place to Die' is opening in Storm? or is it another one to bypass Waterford...

Thanks..

I work there and didnt see any posters/Standees for this film so i doubt we will be getting it but i could be wrong ill let u knw if its coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭JShannow

I work there and didnt see any posters/Standees for this film so i doubt we will be getting it but i could be wrong ill let u knw if its coming out

Thanks for that.. looks like one that has bypassed here thp..

I know it opened in the Omniplex in Limerick at the weekend...

That's a shame. Looked like a good British horror/thriller. I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy under "Coming Soon" on the website which surprised me as I didn't think it'd be in the cinema. Might check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

That's a shame. Looked like a good British horror/thriller. I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy under "Coming Soon" on the website which surprised me as I didn't think it'd be in the cinema. Might check it out.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :mad:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is NOT coming to Storm Waterford, in fact the only Storm showing it is Limerick. Nor does it appear to be showing in Wexford, Clonmel or Kilkenny. Mahon point seems to be the nearest place to Waterford that I can go to see it - like WTF?!

Am I the only person who has been excited for months at the prospect of this film, with a really good cast, director, and based on a classic spy novel... :confused:

Oh and I'm pretty sure Storm were running the trailer for this until fairly recently, just to prepare the way for some wound salt-rubbing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dee24

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoffman390 viewpost.gif

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :mad:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is NOT coming to Storm Waterford, in fact the only Storm showing it is Limerick. Nor does it appear to be showing in Wexford, Clonmel or Kilkenny. Mahon point seems to be the nearest place to Waterford that I can go to see it - like WTF?!

Am I the only person who has been excited for months at the prospect of this film, with a really good cast, director, and based on a classic spy novel... confused.gif

Oh and I'm pretty sure Storm were running the trailer for this until fairly recently, just to prepare the way for some wound salt-rubbing!?
    No you're not the only one who was excited about Tinker Tailor, I've been waiting for a good film to come into waterford for weeks, and was really looking forward to this, and now they're not showing it!

All I can say is they had bloody better be showing Warrior the week after next!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Dee24 wrote: »
    No you're not the only one who was excited about Tinker Tailor, I've been waiting for a good film to come into waterford for weeks, and was really looking forward to this, and now they're not showing it!

All I can say is they had bloody better be showing Warrior the week after next!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They are ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Ah for f*ck sake. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy is meant to be the film of the ****ing year. I had wanted to go see this today, I just assumed it would be on, maby because of all the f*cking glowing reviews! There is an ad for it on the lefthand side of the Waterford storm webpage!

What a bunch of pricks!

Advertisement