Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storm cinema!

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I didn't like the film that much myself, thought it was over rated. Head down to Mahon Point and watch it, savage cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I saw Drive in Gate in cork, it seems to have gotten a limited release nationwide, for example there are 15 cinemas listed on entertainment.ie for cork and only 2 of these have drive , these were gate and mahon point, how sad is that? especially when muck like Taylor Lautner ****_e is being shown nationwide, by the way I think drive is absolutely brillant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Can't believe they're not getting Drive, this kind of thing forces people to watch film piracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was wondering when that was coming out!!! Good thing i'm heading to Cork for the weekend, off to Mahon with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Just a reminder that the 40% off voucher is finished today. Used it last night to go see Debt. Sound was crap in parts of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Just been looking up cinema times on the website and beside Paranormal Activity 3 and Contagion it says "Freelist Suspended". What does this mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Just means that anyone who has a vouchers or anything like that...cannot use them for this showing. No freebies or discounts. Usually see these on big opening weekends and when they're expecting a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

I see they're changing over to Odeon.. I wonder will the prices be reduced ?

They do do a members points club http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/odeonpremiereclub/

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

south wrote: »
    I wonder will the prices be reduced ?
    Two chances slim and nil

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I was in there last night. hadn't been in a while. Went to see men in black 3d. brought our own 3d glasses and it was €11.65 each. Won't be goin back in there in a hurry although Mib is worth seeing in 3d.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I go to Dungarvan now. It's a worse cinema but if was going with the Mrs I'd nearly save €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

ziedth wrote: »
    I go to Dungarvan now. It's a worse cinema but if was going with the Mrs I'd nearly save €10.

There won't be any cinema for you for a while buddy.

I asked one of them behind the counter the other night, apparently there will be deals coming with the rebranding, but she couldn't say if the members thingy will be...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

lil disappointed Odeon are not showing 'red lights', its not like its some obscure art-house film either, its a thriller with Cillian Murphy, de Niro and Sigourney weaver. I would have thought mainstream enough for them to have it on. There are a heap of the same 2d/3d films on

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Itchianus

Max Powers wrote: »
    lil disappointed Odeon are not showing 'red lights', its not like its some obscure art-house film either, its a thriller with Cillian Murphy, de Niro and Sigourney weaver. I would have thought mainstream enough for them to have it on. There are a heap of the same 2d/3d films on

It's been and gone! Saw it in there last Friday week...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hoffman390

Max Powers wrote: »

They were showing that for nearly 2 weeks but it's gone now.

I'm glad they do the Premiere Club now. Seeing all those movies can pay off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hoffman390 wrote: »

I'm glad they do the Premiere Club now. Seeing all those movies can pay off now.

What is the premier club man?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,267 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ziedth wrote: »
    What is the premier club man?

Its like a tesco clubcard for the cinema.

You can purchase a card in the cinema. for 2 euro you can get a card and you get 100 points free or you can get a card for 10 euro in which you get a 1000 points free and double points for your first month.

For every 1 euro you spend you get 10 points. Just ask the team member to swipe your card after you make your order

Points can be used to purchase tickets or Retail products.

more info can be found at http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/odeonpremiereclub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Got one meself, I'll have the thing loaded with points in no time. Although it will probably only amount to one free ticket every 9/10 films I see....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Premier Club is (right now) available to Waterford. I asked them by email and they said it does anyway

• Advertisement

Just bought one myself there just before going to see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. But, the site keeps crashing every time i try to sign up. Will try again tomorrow.

As said above, there are 2 cards you can get:

1) €1.99 and you get 100 free points
    2) €9.99 and you get 1000 free points plus double points for the first month.

Also, when you register the card online, you get 1 free ticket. You get 10 points for every €1 spent, 25% extra points all day Tuesdays, 15% off prices online and special offers every now and then (this week is 25 extra points if you go see The Five-Year Engagement).

You can spend the points as follows (3 prices - All Week before 1pm/Mon-Fri 1pm-5pm/all other times):

Tickets
    Adult Standard 2D - 650/800/1200
    Child Standard 2D - 650/650/650
    Concessions (Seniors, Students and Teen) - 650/700/1000
    ISENSE (?) - +250/250/400
    Premier Seats/3D - +250/250/250

Food & Drink
    Small Popcorn - 500
    Small Drink - 350
    Medium Popcorn Combo - 900
    Large Popcorn Combo - 1000
    Nachos Combo - 900
    Reg Hotdog Combo - 900
    Large Hotdog Combo - 1000
    Couples Combo - 1300
    Candy Combo - 1300
    Filmfeast - 400
    Ben and Jerrys 1 Scoop Tub/Cone - 300
    Ben and Jerrys 1 Scoop Tub/Cone - 450
    Ben and Jerrys 1 Scoop Tub/Cone - 550

Points cannot be spent on Odeon Plus, Charity Events or Special Screenings.

Not bad, considering i spend about €20 every time i go, so free film or food every 6th film. Still not the €20 monthly thing though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hoffman390 wrote: »

Really, my bad then, just read a review of it in the Munster during the week and thought might be worth a look. I guess I need to keep a closer eye on what on in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Ordered my premier club card yesterday. Went for the 1,000 points and double points for a month option.

Also picked up some discount tickets in work, which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ISENSE (?) - +250/250/400

The Odeon by the o2 in Dublin has that screen.
    Big screen with apparently crazy sound system.
    No Imax though :(

Advertisement