Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storm cinema!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ZiMZuM

actually an area has been measured out for a pic and mix unit, so one is on the way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ZiMZuM wrote: »
    actually an area has been measured out for a pic and mix unit, so one is on the way.

Lets hope the weighing scales work! :)

You should print this topic out for your boss you know. No harm in him knowing what people think of the place :)

(Of course, Boards.ie discounts will always be appreciated :D)

haha actually the boss is a she!but i will be mentioning about the popcorn,nothing we can do about laser cards or tickets+food at same desk.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea the popcorn.. I was there tonight and while the popcorn was nice its not very warm and crunchy. I said it to the girlfriend about the pick and mix and she actually got so excited lol :pac:

Anyone who hasn't seen step brothers seriously go its sooo good!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That big huge building frame near McDonalds, where Bolands used to be, on the cork road is going to be the new cinema! its an omniplex i think, and hopefully there wont have loads of old people working there like storm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I've never seen one old person working there...but I'm not there that often. Was even a shock when I saw some old mates in there.

ZimZum you are the bringer of great news :) I flippin love pick and mix things! It's what makes a cinema..but let's hope the prices aren't too mental.

Also I usually bought tickets downstairs when I went there to avoid food queues. As long as there's not an order in it's great.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

That big huge building frame near McDonalds, where Bolands used to be, on the cork road is going to be the new cinema! its an omniplex i think, and hopefully there wont have loads of old people working there like storm!

Really? Where did you find that out? I thought someone said before it was Argos Extra (though, someone else said thats going elsewhere so who knows!).

Progress seems to have slowed down on that development lately. Like the Ferrybank development. Alas, damn economy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Serious questions have to be asked of their POS providers. Not accepting Laser cards is shocking. I can only assume they're using a UK based card processor that doesn't recognise Laser?

AdMMM wrote: »
    Serious questions have to be asked of their POS providers. Not accepting Laser cards is shocking. I can only assume they're using a UK based card processor that doesn't recognise Laser?

They used to take laser I thought? Its just their machines are crap at taking cards so people constantly have problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

As I said, serious questions have to be asked of their POS (as in Point of Sale, not piece of ****) providers.

• Advertisement

Hey actually we do take laser cards but have had problems with this for a long time now especially older AIB cards and some BOI,the ones that dont have the security number written on the back in the signature box. Management are aware of the problem but until they sort it theres nothing the staff can do. As regards old people working there the average in the staff is 17-20.we have 1 old fella around 60 working there and the next oldest to him would be in their 30's...

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

The new cinema is planned for the old sports ground next to the Waterford Crystal sports centre. It is an omniplex cinema AFAIK..

There must be some truth in it as the logo is up on the sign.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭shellie11

Do you know what i noticed while i was there last week, you can actually buy tickets downstairs at the Ben & Jerrys stand, so if you dont want popcorn its a handy way to get tickets fast and then in for a good seat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

AdMMM wrote: »
    The one thing I noticed in the UK, is that my Laser/Maestro card was being recognised as a Laser card, and refused to work in places that accepted Maestro cards.. the only place it actually worked properly were those Pret-A-Manger places which are two-a-penny.
    Sully wrote: »
    They used to take laser I thought? Its just their machines are crap at taking cards so people constantly have problems!
    They dont support Chip-and-Pin either.. but tbh the only reliable systems I have ever seen for processing cards were those supplied by Flexcomm and AIB, particularly the smaller Ingenco units.. avoid Hypercom like the plague.. they are as reliable as public transport.
    TheBoffin wrote: »
    The new cinema is planned for the old sports ground next to the Waterford Crystal sports centre. It is an omniplex cinema AFAIK..

There must be some truth in it as the logo is up on the sign.

:)
    And they couldnt be nice and build a Cinema out by Ardkeen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

And they couldnt be nice and build a Cinema out by Ardkeen

Oh they tried, :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

JPA wrote: »

Really? Whereabouts? That would do some serious business

I thought it got permission no?

They wanted to build it in that big empty space beside Lidl but as far as I know residents complained and it was canned.
    Building anything in Ardkeen is a guaranteed success IMO so they missed out big time.

They wanted to build it in that big empty space beside Lidl but as far as I know residents complained and it was canned.
    Building anything in Ardkeen is a guaranteed success IMO so they missed out big time.

I thought the application was out on the ORR beside the halting site? The rugby field area there?

Sully wrote: »
    I thought the application was out on the ORR beside the halting site? The rugby field area there?

Maybe that is true but I am talking about a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

well either way im glad of the storm cinema, though like all things in Waterford it will depend on the up keep, people seem to have an awful trend to get something new and shiny and comlpetely run it into the ground for all its worth, example being the old cinema.

They only tried to prop that up once their was a slight bit of competition, now i have fond memories of the old cinema but during its latter days it was a complete joke (unless you loved blur-o upsidedown vison with no audio, then u would love it). But what amazed me was that 99% of times i went there and something happened eg blur-o vision etc i seemed to be the only one complaining!

I just wish people in Waterford would make a stand and really bitch to the managment or staff if theirs a problem in any service or sector.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

question: if you're booking tickets online with a laser card, do you need said laser card to retrieve the tickets in there when you go to collect them,

I ask because I had a laser card which has been lost in my house but I still have all the documentation which means i can still pay for stuff online, I just dont wanna order the tickets if I need the card to collect em when I get in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

You need the card.

And if your card is lost, you really should cancel it and get a new one. You say it's in your house, but if it's lost, you can't really be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Just after reading through the thread and have some questions......

Why after two years is the pop corn still crap and my laser card does work at the terminals. When are we getting a new cimena???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

On that note, if I had a cinema I'd have two different types of popcorn, salted and unsalted. I can understand pickling the popcorn if you wanted to sell more drinks to quench the resulting thirst but how many people leave mid-movie to buy another drink? Surely not that many. Now give me my unsalted popcorn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I think their popcorn is great :) Nice and salty and thats what you want when you go to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Why do so many people seem to have a problem with Storm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

wellboy76 wrote: »
    Why do so many people seem to have a problem with Storm?

Dont think many people have any major problems with the cinema, they are not the worst. Its just for the price you pay I would expect my popcorn to be at least warm and not have to run to the nearest bank machine because my card will not work (have got a new card but still no joy)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DementoR

angry_fox wrote: »
    Dont think many people have any major problems with the cinema, they are not the worst. Its just for the price you pay I would expect my popcorn to be at least warm and not have to run to the nearest bank machine because my card will not work (have got a new card but still no joy)

I used to work there,that laser card issue has been going on for ages,i used to hate when people would have laser cards cause i knew half the time they wouldnt work,was embarassing having to tell people to go to the bank machine,management were aware of the issue alright but nothing ever seemed to be done about it,althought there was talk about putting a bankmachine downstars in the ben and jerrys area.

Regarding the warm popcorn,it depends on what till you go to,the warmer second in from the left when your facing the shop was broken for well over a year by the time i left,again it was known to management but nothing was done about it,apparently the issue was some v hard to get part from england,so dont go to that till if u want warm popcorn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Go to the cinema in Dungarvan. It's almost always empty so you regularly have a theater to yourselves.

Advertisement