Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build - Opinions Sought

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

You have a dvdrw already?

I wouldnt touch Amd nor a dabs value power supply and case, they are junk.

This is just over 500, but you get much better performance and build quality.

wz1yanxiwxod7sg8h0.jpg

The E5200 cpu is brand new and has a multiplier of 12.5 for serious overclocking, near 4.0ghz for €70 :p ( over 4.0ghz with a good fan )

Asus P45 mobo is class, so is the ram and the psu is quality.

The 8800gt is a great card, but for an extra €40 you could replace it with a HD4850 and have an almost high end system for €550 delivered.

http://www.dabs.ie/ProductList.aspx?&NavigationKey=11137&NavigationKey=373340000&NavigationKey=4294952464&CategorySelectedId=11137

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭collymcd

Thanks a lot for the help bro.

Yup, have a dvdrw already.

I have concerns over the DabsValue psu alright... the only thing that swayed it for me was the number of 5 star ratings it got. Plus the saved money could be spent elsewhere. I might change and get a brand name psu and separate case, as you suggest.

I notice there aren't too many AMD supporters here. Why is this? Surely the AMD 3ghz dual core would suit my needs?

The P45 mobo seems to be everyones choice and I would go for it, but I know very little of Intel processors. But as you say, Intel may be the way to go.

I notice you swapped the 8800 GT for the 9500 GT. Would this be a wiser choice performance/price wise?

Thanks again for the help!

Advertisement