Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano Lessons

Options
  • 03-09-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure where to put this but this seems like the obvious place, so here goes...
    I have a quick question.I'm qualified to teach piano lessons at all levels.However I also have a full-time career in a completely non-musical professon.I'm seriously considering teaching piano lessons full time and giving up my current job.My plan would be along the lines of doing lessons in schools during the day,possibly teaching music to primary classes if needs be, and then taking pupils from say 3pm onwards, and possibly on Saturday mornings.
    Obviously I know this won't happen overnight, and I would hope to start gradually and work up to giving up my job.I just don't know if it would be worth my time.Would people out there be interested in sending their kids to piano lessons?I'm based in north county Dublin (Rush/lusk/Skerries area would be closest) and I'd intend charging about 320eur from Sept to Feb, then 320 from Feb to end of school year (june).This would be for a 30-45 min lesson depending on the level of the pupil.
    If this doesn't fit in here, can you move it to where it does?!!!And I'd appreciate any helpful responses.Thanks!!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

all the info i can give would be on prices, i was going to give my girlfriend lessons as a present and i was given a quote of 250 for 10 lessons that was in letterkenny, Co. Donegal and that was the only one i could find. Maybe if there isn't enough interest in Dublin and you wanted to make a proper go of it Donegal could be handy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

I know prices are high.I'm pretty sure what I'm offering is middle to low range....Donegal might be a bit of a push though!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KhrIs__

I think if u prefare playin piano and music better than ur current job then u should jst go for it! I know id love to learn piano, and id say im not the only one! Im from Letterkenny as well and Im lookin for Piano and vocal lessons but there really hard to find (so btw i second u moving dwn here! :D:p LoL!), So if anyone cud give me some info about a teacher id REALLY appriciate it!! Thanx! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fabienne

dan_d wrote: »
    I'm not sure where to put this but this seems like the obvious place, so here goes...
    I have a quick question.I'm qualified to teach piano lessons at all levels.However I also have a full-time career in a completely non-musical professon.I'm seriously considering teaching piano lessons full time and giving up my current job.My plan would be along the lines of doing lessons in schools during the day,possibly teaching music to primary classes if needs be, and then taking pupils from say 3pm onwards, and possibly on Saturday mornings.
    Obviously I know this won't happen overnight, and I would hope to start gradually and work up to giving up my job.I just don't know if it would be worth my time.Would people out there be interested in sending their kids to piano lessons?I'm based in north county Dublin (Rush/lusk/Skerries area would be closest) and I'd intend charging about 320eur from Sept to Feb, then 320 from Feb to end of school year (june).This would be for a 30-45 min lesson depending on the level of the pupil.
    If this doesn't fit in here, can you move it to where it does?!!!And I'd appreciate any helpful responses.Thanks!!;)

Hello. are you still looking for pupils in the Lusk area ? what about a 6y old beginner ? TKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fabienne

hello! are you still looking for pupils for piano lessons ? would you be intersted in teaching a 6y old beginner ? TKS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 elenahutchens

Hi Dan, Not sure you are still reading this but I was wondering if you could help me prepare for an audition for next week. I need somebody who can play piano for a seesion or two. I have the score of the song, I practiced with a backing track but they will use a pianist at the auditions and I would like to see/hear the difference and be prepared. I live in Rush and I can drive and of course somebody in Rush/Lusk, Skerries area would be prefferable. Thanks a lot! Lili

Advertisement