Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM09 revealed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Pity the installer makes vista go f***ing haywire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

3D pitch doesn't work very well for me......:(

Very stop start and not very smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Downloaded the demo and have to say I'm not very impressed.
    There's still not enough positions on the pitch to put your tactics together. So most of the time you end up with a far too narrow formation or with your Right and Left Midfielders miles away from your centre mid if you go 4-3-3.
    Also there's now only certain places you can give a player an arrow towards depending on what position he is in which is a bit lame.
    Hoepfully the full game wont be like this but to be honest doesnt seem like they've changed much except for the Press Conference and the 3d match engine..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Demo is amazing apart from some minor bugs which they are sorting out.

Only 12 days to go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

yeah i'm pretty impressed by it tbh, i think only being able to use certain arrows iin certain positions is a good addition, makes it easies to know what your players are doing and not having to judge if they're arrows are too far ahead or not far enough. I like the assistant manager feedback in the match as well and the 3D engine looks well.

And they've finally made it easy to set which first-team members are available to the reserve squad.....so overdue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I pre-ordered off gamesnash.ie so hopefully will have it in 10-11 days. I cant wait for it. Bye bye life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Question lads,

Are you able to turn off the 3D match engine? Myself, id have no interest in watching the games. Perfectly happy with last years system

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Question lads,

Are you able to turn off the 3D match engine? Myself, id have no interest in watching the games. Perfectly happy with last years system

Yes, you can revert back to the usual 2D system if you like.

I wasn't impressed with the demo either. One worrying aspect was when they first introduced the 2D engine (in CM04), the game was buggy as well. I wonder will the same thing happen this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I just really wanted more positions on the pitch added on your tactics menu. Or the option to edit them around where you want. It's too restricting I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

deise59 wrote: »

I wasn't impressed with the demo either. One worrying aspect was when they first introduced the 2D engine (in CM04), the game was buggy as well. I wonder will the same thing happen this year....

it sounds like most of the development went into the 3D engine, the new transfers system and the new media interaction, so i think it's fair to say not a lot of attention went into the actual match engine so i'm expecting their to be a lot of bugs.

I've downloaded the demo, but from what I've seen and heard so far i'll be waiting until the price drops after Christmas to buy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

deise59 wrote: »

Probably will be,
    Its a huge jump from the current system to this 3D match engine, to be honest I would be a lot more interested in them making the game more realistic ie killing the damn "Super Keeper" bug,

Still tho its always a great time of the year when the new FM hits the cd slot in my mac

Probably will be,
    Its a huge jump from the current system to this 3D match engine, to be honest I would be a lot more interested in them making the game more realistic ie killing the damn "Super Keeper" bug,

indeed, i feel most of the more serious football manager players would have preferred them to go down the latter route. the 3D match engine seems more like an attempt to regain some of the market share lost to the gimmick laden FIFA manager and equally tacky Championship manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Downloading the demo now (late I know) - hoping it'll be an improvement on last year's installment...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Honestly it doesnt seem to be a huge imporvement on previous versions. The 3D pitch is basically the same match engine with a 3D interface. As stated by other people, they will probably turn this off. The transfer system updates...havent seen the huge imporvement here yet...

The straight cash offers seem to be pushed aside by the AI in favour of the basic cash + bonus and sell on fees. Handy when you dont have the cash. I did see that some of the bigger clubs demand more for players though...Man City wanted 99 million + extras for Richards.

The press conference is a nice idea but can get a bit boring having to answer the same type of questions...do like the storm out option though, this is supposed to come back and haunt you at later dates though...probably wont see it in the demo due to the time limitation, but will probably be seen in the full version.

All in all, looks a half decent update...hopefully with less bugs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Played it a bit and it seems ok. 3D can judder a bit and there are a lot of long term injuries but looking forward to the full game.

BTW, SI have acknowledged there are bugs and plan to release a patch on the release date so if you get the game patch it before playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I'm loving that these have been removed.

I think they caused a lot of ambiguity and confusion but more importantly, it's removed a lot of the unnatural tactical formations that people made to exploit the match engine. Very happy about this.

Have yet to look at all the new stuff but the above i'm pretty happy about.

Hope some of the silly bugs that affected the LOI are fixed in this one...stuff like the same teams always being in the League Cup. Same teams every year even if they'd been relegated and teams promoted to the league never entering.

so i just started playing the demo.

meh is all i can say. i liked the 3D match engine more than i thought i would, but it's as buggy as i thought it would be and exceptionally resource heavy when you consider it's rendering sweet **** all. the navigation to tactics though is messy, the whole having to skip in and out of the TV view becomes very cumbersome and the camera angles are very limited.

the new media interaction is exactly the same as before except all the questions are bundled into a press conference. tedious as hell, and that's just after one!

the new transfer system... well, where the f*ck is it? seems identical to the previous one. still has the bug where clubs negotiate upwards. what a waste.

meh to everything else. they made the navigation less intuitive, and aside from the removal of the farrow's i see nothing else different. i'll give it some more time, but overall i dont think i'll bother buying it. not enough in it to make me want to upgrade from 08.

edit: the amount of injuries too in the game is mental. every game i've played so far i've had at least one player injured for more than two weeks, the average seems to be two. I currently have about 7 of my starters out injured at the moment. it's insane. moral of the story is to not make tactical subs because you're more than likely going to need them to replace someone who's picked up a knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Pre-ordered my copy today. Ten days to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Daemonic wrote: »
    Hope some of the silly bugs that affected the LOI are fixed in this one...stuff like the same teams always being in the League Cup. Same teams every year even if they'd been relegated and teams promoted to the league never entering.

Hope they removed the work permit thing which was lumped on us presumably because its used in British football , also hope they get our attendances and wages more accurate

• Advertisement

gustavo wrote: »
    also hope they get our attendances and wages more accurate
    For the sake of realism yes although it may put paid to ever achieving anything in Europe with an LOI team.

Advertisement