Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel nuts

Options
  • 03-09-2008 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have NCT tomorrow. I am missing two wheel nuts, one from each wheel, this was due to my alloys having the nut lock, but got no key when I bought the car....so I got them removed, now I need to get them replaced....

My car is a Seat Ibiza 2000, do you think halfords will have spare ones for sale, will they fit where the old ones used to fit, i.e. where the locked ones once were?

Thanks,
    Easy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Easy Rider wrote: »
    Hi,

Have NCT tomorrow. I am missing two wheel nuts, one from each wheel, this was due to my alloys having the nut lock, but got no key when I bought the car....so I got them removed, now I need to get them replaced....

My car is a Seat Ibiza 2000, do you think halfords will have spare ones for sale, will they fit where the old ones used to fit, i.e. where the locked ones once were?

Thanks,
    Easy
    ASFAIK its actually bolt's in them, go to a seat/vw/skoda/audi garage and ask them for a few wheel nuts for a seat ibiza with alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Halfords will have a set of 4 locking type for about 45 euro. If you are insured with AXA www.axaplus.ie you will be able to get 15% discount.

dingding wrote: »
    Halfords will have a set of 4 locking type for about 45 euro. If you are insured with AXA www.axaplus.ie you will be able to get 15% discount.
    I don't think they do bolt type ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Hhhmmm, I phoned Seat dealers before and they are never helpful, they either say the car is too old and they are a relatively new dealership or book a time with them for servicing which can be 4 weeks....

Is it not as simple as replacing the bolt/nut with a general one, does it have to be a special type?

The ones in halfords, I won't have to buy two sets or will I just need to use two of the four? i.e. one in each wheel...

Are these the ones?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_193489_langId_-1_categoryId_72053

Hhhmmm, I phoned Seat dealers before and they are never helpful, they either say the car is too old and they are a relatively new dealership or book a time with them for servicing which can be 4 weeks....

Is it not as simple as replacing the bolt/nut with a general one, does it have to be a special type?

The ones in halfords, I won't have to buy two sets or will I just need to use two of the four? i.e. one in each wheel...

Are these the ones?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_193489_langId_-1_categoryId_72053
    Thats them;)

• Advertisement

Cool, so I guess I ask for the right size and just place one each in the wheels with the missing bolt....

Cool, so I guess I ask for the right size and just place one each in the wheels with the missing bolt....
    Ah I'll say they'll do the job. There universal.

Cool, thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I don't think they are a universal fit. Check the index book beside the rack to be sure you get the right ones.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

just go into a seat garage and buy them over the counter from the parts dept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Or a VW garage. Car is pretty much a VW after all!

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement