Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

management fees

Options
  • 03-09-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

having read the case of that woman who after buying a house in charlesland court, is now unable to paint her own door the colour she wants, i'd like to know

1. Do management fees come with each house in charlesland, if so how much per year

2. Are there any other crazy limitations set out in this contract with the management company

Just wondering, as before now i thought that management fees were solely for the appartments and didnt concern the houses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Moobui

Don't know about Charlesland specifically but most new housing estates have a management company and management fees apply to both houses and apartments. Generally the management fee for the houses is less than the fees paid by apartment owners. With regard to the door painting issue I think this is also standard procedure now too whereby owners are not permitted to change the exterior of their houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

houses are cheaper but don't include refuse collection or insurance which apts do. Houses are just under 500 per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

Must depend which part you are in. Our house insurance in the park is covered and our fee for a 2-bed house is about 350 euro. It also covers the "free" shuttle bus to the dart which is a great service if you work at conventional hours or have visitors who do.

SSO.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

having read the case of that woman who after buying a house in charlesland court, is now unable to paint her own door the colour she wants, i'd like to know

As I said earlier, that thread seemed to be an angry rant that was made before just talking to the management company.

It's close to pointless having a big moan about it, until s/he talks to them first.

1. Do management fees come with each house in charlesland, if so how much per year

2. Are there any other crazy limitations set out in this contract with the management company

Just wondering, as before now i thought that management fees were solely for the appartments and didnt concern the houses.

The management fees cover all the common areas as well, so this will obviously include the houses too.

It may also cover guttering etc that goes across the terraced housing, so that wouldn't preclude houses.

Block insurance may be different for apartments as they are underneath duplexes, but not too sure about that.

Some people may call not being able to hang washing out the front windows, or painting the house pink a "crazy" limitation, but it may be a reasonable one to others.

When you buy in a housing estate like this, you sign a contract with the management company, which your solicitor should go through with you.

Complaining after the fact that you can't do something that is specified in a contract that you signed is a bit pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

eoin_s wrote:
    It may also cover guttering etc that goes across the terraced housing, so that wouldn't preclude houses.

Wyse flatly refused to do anything about cleaning the gutters on the terraced houses in the Wood, so I risked life and limb and did ours myself. Some of the gutters look like they have saplings growing in them now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Wyse flatly refused to do anything about cleaning the gutters on the terraced houses in the Wood, so I risked life and limb and did ours myself. Some of the gutters look like they have saplings growing in them now!

OK, but my point is that the houses also have the common areas, and possibly some sort of common maintenance, so they would of course be liable for management fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

eoin_s wrote: »
    OK, but my point is that the houses also enjoy have the common areas, and possibly some sort of common maintenance, so they would of course be liable for management fees.
    Of course!

Advertisement