Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Skoda Superb

Options
  • 03-09-2008 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any details of the launch date and prices of the new Skoda Superb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'm fairly sure there was a thread on it lately so maybe do a search. A lad posted pics of one he saw in Spain on another thread so they must be released soon.
    Bit of googling works wonder:p
    http://www.galwayindependent.com/motoring/motoring/skoda-superb-has-september-landing/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Anybody got any details of the launch date and prices of the new Skoda Superb
    Trim level names will change from Classic,Comfort, Elegance to Comfort,Ambition,Elegance with the first models available expected to be Ambition and Elegance models with Comfort models to follow shortly afterwards, Engines are as per brochure.

Final Prices and Specifications are still being finalised however we are aiming to do a public release in week 38 which will also be the week that we will advise dealers of all the information,However this is currently being influenced by final price & specification agreement which is influencing production.

We are also expecting to face logistical challenges as well, due to time constraints.

I have a pdf copy of the European brochure but it's 2MB so too big to post here, hosted here: http://new.skoda-auto.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/NewSuperb/NewSuperb_Catalogue_ENG.pdf

As posted above, launch is at the National Ploughing Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Skoda Superb Pricing and specs released now, just in time for the big launch at the plowing championships.

€26k for the Greenline gives you a lot of car for the money, albeit with an asthmatic engine for that size of car. Production begins week 45 for the Greenline model.

Lack of Alloy wheels spoils an otherwise very good standard spec. The Ambition model will be readily available from the begining, alloys standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

R.O.R wrote: »
    Skoda Superb Pricing and specs released now, just in time for the big launch at the plowing championships.

€26k for the Greenline gives you a lot of car for the money, albeit with an asthmatic engine for that size of car. Production begins week 45 for the Greenline model.

Lack of Alloy wheels spoils an otherwise very good standard spec. The Ambition model will be readily available from the begining, alloys standard.

Its very well specified, i have to say.I too am fairly disappointed about the lack of alloys on the base model but to be honest, i wasnt really expecting them.What i would have, though, is just put manual air con on the base model and fit alloys as standard.ESP as standard is good too btw.

Her is a list of stuff that rivals(Passat, avensis, mondeo, c5 etc...) dont have as standard(To the best of my knowledge, that is), that the superb does have standard

Leather steering wheel and handbrake
    Auto dim rear view mirror
    Automatic wipers
    Cruise Control
    Rear electric windows
    Front fog lights
    Climate Control

The greenline does seem great value but my personal choice would be the 1.8Tsi ambition with upgraded alloys.Well specced with a fantastic engine

Just something i noticed there too."Ambition" spec is also the name of a spec on the audi A3."Ambiente" spec(the most common spec on the octavia and fabia) is also a spec on the A3.WTF??

EDIT: Where did you get the figures??They dont seem to be on the irish skoda website...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The greenline does seem great value but my personal choice would be the 1.8Tsi ambition with upgraded alloys.Well specced with a fantastic engine

Indeed, you get a serious amount of car for your €26k, particularly impressive is that the Greenline model has more equipment than the Comfort model yet is cheaper, which shows that Skoda are taking advantage of the lower VRT rates as appropriate, and that plainly is a great thing. Like you say pity alloy wheels aren't standard, I'd gladly give up the rain sensor and the multifunction steering wheel for alloy wheels.

It is VERY comprehensively equipped other than that though.

This is the benefit of the manufacturers importing the cars themselves and leaving out the middleman(the importer) who just makes cars dearer as he has to be paid too.

Such a pity it has that tractor engine as standard though, if only it were the newer 2.0 TDI found in the A4. I don't see 105 bhp being much good on performance either, but at €26k it is hard to complain.

The 2.0 TDI 170 is also a serious amount of car for your money a mere €700 more than the 140 and for that you gain a common rail rather than PD engine, 30 bhp and 22 lb ft, equally impressive is that our 2.0 TDI 170 sneaks into 20% VRT; in other countries it would be in 24% VRT, for once an "Irish special" worth shouting about:)!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Greenline 1.9tdi and 105bhp with steel wheels. Will be a taxi drivers fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Looks like a good option for the father for 09 instead of buying another Passat, The same thing again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭geoff29

Greenline 1.9tdi and 105bhp with steel wheels. Will be a taxi drivers fav.

Although I don't drive manual, if I did, that Greenline would be straight to the top of the list!!!!! That's unbelievable value!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

E92 wrote: »
    Indeed, you get a serious amount of car for your €26k, particularly impressive is that the Greenline model has more equipment than the Comfort model yet is cheaper, which shows that Skoda are taking advantage of the lower VRT rates as appropriate, and that plainly is a great thing. Like you say pity alloy wheels aren't standard, I'd gladly give up the rain sensor and the multifunction steering wheel for alloy wheels.

It is VERY comprehensively equipped other than that though.

This is the benefit of the manufacturers importing the cars themselves and leaving out the middleman(the importer) who just makes cars dearer as he has to be paid too.

Such a pity it has that tractor engine as standard though, if only it were the newer 2.0 TDI found in the A4. I don't see 105 bhp being much good on performance either, but at €26k it is hard to complain.

The 2.0 TDI 170 is also a serious amount of car for your money a mere €700 more than the 140 and for that you gain a common rail rather than PD engine, 30 bhp and 22 lb ft, equally impressive is that our 2.0 TDI 170 sneaks into 20% VRT; in other countries it would be in 24% VRT, for once an "Irish special" worth shouting about:)!

Very true about the importer middle man.As of next month,VAG themselves are the importers of skoda and vw(Rather than MDL).That should mean, imo, more competitive pricing and better specs on future and current models.

As for the question of the 1.9TDI, i'm not sure how long that engine will be in the car.I mean, surely before too long the superb(And indeed the octavia and passat) should get he 110bhp 2.0 CR TDi from the Mk6 golf.Then, i imagine that engine, in its standard form will be in the B vrt bracket and there would be no need for a greenline spec.Its good enough for the time being, though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Elegance spec 1.8 TSI with DSG (lower VRT band than manual wtf??) will be some competition for the Accord:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

geoff29 wrote: »
    Although I don't drive manual, if I did, that Greenline would be straight to the top of the list!!!!! That's unbelievable value!!!

Do you do mainly rank based or contract work? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

In the UK you get touch screen sat-nav and full leather in the elegance model. Those are options at extra cost here. Do they think paddy is too thick to operate a sat nav? Looks like Im going up north for my superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Ice_Box wrote: »
    In the UK you get touch screen sat-nav and full leather in the elegance model. Those are options at extra cost here. Do they think paddy is too thick to operate a sat nav? Looks like Im going up north for my superb.

In fairness with the quality of the mapping here i dont see sat nav as being something worth the money in Ireland. No biggie in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

E92 wrote: »
    Like you say pity alloy wheels aren't standard, I'd gladly give up the rain sensor and the multifunction steering wheel for alloy wheels.

I suspect the Steel wheels have more to do with Aerodynamics than cost cutting. The Mondeo Econetic is the same.

I assume the flat surface of the plastic wheel trim creates less drag than 5 spoke alloys or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

€5,200 extra for the Elegance Model. Is it worth it? Will anyone go for it? Electric seats are the most pointless thing on the list. And how much of the leather is fake one wonders? The rest of the stuff is usefull enough. Parking sensors are a must have on this tank.

GLAMOUR interior (combination Feinnappa/artificial leather)
    17“ VENUS alloy wheels
    Electrically adjustable driver & passenger seats (driver with memory)
    Heated seats front and rear
    Rear parking distance detectors with acoustic warning
    Heated windscreen washer nozzles
    Integrated headlight washers
    Tyre pressure monitoring
    Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS
    Electrically adjustable folding & heated door mirrors with memory
    Front cup holder with lamella cover, rear cup holder in armrest
    Rear screen sun blind

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi,

just wondering if the new 1.8t (160bhp) is as tuneable (;-) ) as the old 1.8t (150bhp) engine that was fitted to the previous Superb ?.

any info appreciated

regards

Advertisement