Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving instructor/school in Cork

Options
  • 03-09-2008 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

I need to get driving lessons, does anyone know of any good driving instructors/schools in the city? Theres so many around, its hard to get the right one! :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Hello fellow Kehoe!

I used a guy Tom McGrath a few months ago and found him very good. Passed first attempt in Little Island. Booked him thru ISM as far as I can recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi
    My boyfriend just passed his test, had lessons and pre test with blackwater driving lessons, thought they were fanastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭daddymick66

your best bet to get a quality driving instructor is to go on the RSA website, click link for ADI unit, as in approved driving instructor, then check the list of FULL PERMIT HOLDERS ,these people have gone through an intensive and hard series of tests to be accredited as RSA approved ,and you will receive first class instruction, as sadly at present there are a lot of people pretending to be highly qualified instructors and they are conning people and giving very poor tuition to learner drivers.

all the contact details are on the adi section,and best of luck in your test:)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i just passed my test on thursday morning and i have to admit i was a pretty careless driver, i learned a lot, the guy was sound, lessons were 40 euro but he covers all the test centres. His name is Alex and he is with the Irish School of Motoring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rkehoe

Hi all,

Sorry haven't been on in ages!!!
    Thanks very much for yeir advice, i ended up using ISM and am extremely happy with the choice.

Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hey,
    If you (are anyone else) are still looking.
    I really really recommend Frank Murphy. I have his number, if you're interested pm me.
    He is very calm, very patient and very good at preparing you not just for your test but to be a good driver. I passed first time with him, my girlfriend passed with him and I recommended him to two other friends who both found him to be great (one passed, the other yet to do the test).

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

If he turns up to the lesson that is.I booked a few lessons with him and he didn't bother turning up or ringing to cancel:confused:. Definitely not recommended.
    Also, all 4 of your posts are recommending this guy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭daddymick66

hi
    my daughter is using the byfield school of motoring, he has a website
    www.byfieldschoolofmotoring.com, she found him on the adi website .

Advertisement