Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts/History question

Options
  • 03-09-2008 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

In first year history (In arts omnibus) In semester 1 there is 'Doing History 1' and in semester 2 there is 'Doing History 2'. I was wondering if Doing History 2 was a follow on from Doing History 1?

It doesn't say Doing History 1 is a pre requisite, but I wanted to know if I could do Doing History 2 without having done 1 and understand what was going on? Has anyone here done these modules?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

No-one has a clue. This is because the History department decided to break the old system, which had nothing wrong with it and replace it with a new one. You are on your own unfortunately.
    I am a third year history student BTW. Good luck with it and look at the pimp my society thread for all History Society news and upcoming stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Liquid155 wrote: »
    In first year history (In arts omnibus) In semester 1 there is 'Doing History 1' and in semester 2 there is 'Doing History 2'. I was wondering if Doing History 2 was a follow on from Doing History 1?

It doesn't say Doing History 1 is a pre requisite, but I wanted to know if I could do Doing History 2 without having done 1 and understand what was going on? Has anyone here done these modules?

Did history last year, these modules weren't on there this time last year. I'm guessing they're new, unless they were around in the preceeding years. So that answers your second question, and not sure will many be able to help with first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

As they said, they changed the entire system this year so nobody here probably has any answers for you.
    Try ringing/dropping up to the History Dept though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 testybits

Liquid155 wrote: »

According to the programme info page:

Select MIN 2 OF: [Show Rule Details] Select minimum 2 of:
    CodeTitleSemesterCreditHIS10050Doing History 115HIS10080Rome to Renaissance15HIS10060Doing History 225HIS10070The Making of Modern Europe: 1500-200025

Since neither course to which you refer have pre/co requisites, you can assume that it makes no odds whether you take the sem 2 module without having done the other in sem 1. They would've made them core if it was necessary to have done HIS10050. Its all here: http://www.ucd.ie/incomingstudents/course_search.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

There's a course called "Doing History"? Surely by doing other, actual History courses you're "Doing History"?

In my day...bla bla bla...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Liquid155

I just rang up the school of History and Archives and was told that 'Doing History 2' is a stand alone module and it's not neccessary to have done 'Doing History 1' :D

Thanks for all the help guys :)

Advertisement