Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Megane, offical pics...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

pburns wrote: »
    http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Renault-Megane-leaked-official-photos/

All I can say is ho-hum:(...

I thought the Laguna was conservative because that particular market sector demands it.
    This is like the Focus II though - almost a retrograde step (and kinda Astra-like...)
    Very astra like...The last model was nothing if not unique

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

towtruckuw1.jpg

hopefully won't take up where the old one left off

• Registered Users Posts: 65,445 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LOL, that's the worst 'shop ever! (But funny all the same)

photoshop? 5 mins in MS paint!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

LOL!

But really it looks like some sort of Astra-i30 weird combination. Not something i'm looking forward to seeing on the roads. No more shaking asses anyway lol. What'll it be now??Haha, a thanks for someone who comes up with the best one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It's no wonder Renault are laying off 4000 employees even they know it's not going to sell!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not a fan at all. The side profile could be from any one of about 15 manufacturers, The old one you could spot a mile off.

junkyard wrote: »
    It's no wonder Renault are laying off 4000 employees even they know it's not going to sell!!:pac:

Does a big Diamond flash up on your screen when anything about Renault is posted?

Stekelly wrote: »
    The old one you could spot a mile off.

Usually at the side of the road with the bonnet open!

In the 5 years of driving around Dublin since the current model came out I can safely say I've never seen that at all.

I was oventaken by 5 seperate 225's at great speed on my way from Birmingham to Holyhead after collecting my Xantia mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Ba dom dom tsch:pac:!

In the 5 years of driving around Dublin since the current model came out I can safely say I've never seen that at all.

That's cos the bleedin bonnet release is on the wrong side and they can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That's cos the bleedin bonnet release is on the wrong side and they can't find it

I'm sure they've plenty of experience with it, and know exaclty where it is:p

colm_mcm wrote: »

Ah here, dont tell me you have trouble findign a catch because it's on the left instead of the right? Your putting serious dents in my faith of car salemen'sintelligence here Colm.:D

I counted eight Meganes alone abandoned on one trip from Nice to Barcelona a few weeks ago and it wasn't a Meganes owners day out as far as I know.:)

I counted eight Meganes alone abandoned on one trip from Nice to Barcelona a few weeks ago and it wasn't a Meganes owners day out as far as I know.:)

Poor Junkyard. You really havent gotten your head around the concept of those things us normal folk park our cars in have you?

Poor Junkyard. You really havent gotten your head around the concept of those things us normal folk park our cars in have you?

Motorways??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Does a big Diamond flash up on your screen when anything about Renault is posted?

Does a big diamond flash up on YOURS whenever Renault is mentioned:confused:? Because you're in like a flash whenever Renault is criticised!

Even if they've solved the reliability problems it now looks like the product of a late night fumble between a soon-to-be replaced Astra and a Hyundai C'eed. A French car without style or quirkiness is utterly pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

new junk for your yard i see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Does a big diamond flash up on YOURS whenever Renault is mentioned:confused:? Because you're in like a flash whenever Renault is criticised!

Even if they've solved the reliability problems it now looks like the product of a late night fumble between a soon-to-be replaced Astra and a Hyundai C'eed. A French car without style or quirkiness is utterly pointless.

Actually its a KIA C'EED.

I've had one of the "shake the ass" megane hatches for 3 years and no problems with it at all. Prior to that I had one of the older meganes for 9 years, it sailed through the NCT on its first attempt each time and I eventually sold it with 150,000 miles on the clock - never gave me a minutes trouble either and it was running fine up to last month when my sister in law traded it in for another megane. It had nearly 200,000 miles on it by then. My wife has a Grand Scenic, no problems with that. She had a Clio prior to that, again no problems. My father has a megane, no problems there and my mother has a Clio, yes you've guessed it, no problems. So to all those out there who know a bloke who's sister's ex boyfriend once had a drink with a guy whose renault broke down, get a life.

As for the new model, yep, its a bit of a disappointment. Far too conservative. It looks like all those other boring makes like Opel, Ford etc.:p:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I've had one of the "shake the ass" megane hatches for 3 years and no problems with it at all. Prior to that I had one of the older meganes for 9 years, it sailed through the NCT on its first attempt each time and I eventually sold it with 150,000 miles on the clock - never gave me a minutes trouble either and it was running fine up to last month when my sister in law traded it in for another megane. It had nearly 200,000 miles on it by then. My wife has a Grand Scenic, no problems with that. She had a Clio prior to that, again no problems. My father has a megane, no problems there and my mother has a Clio, yes you've guessed it, no problems. So to all those out there who know a bloke who's sister's ex boyfriend once had a drink with a guy whose renault broke down, get a life.

As for the new model, yep, its a bit of a disappointment. Far too conservative. It looks like all those other boring makes like Opel, Ford etc.:p:D:D:D

I'm a Megane fan and even I find this hard to believe, all those cars and no problems? EVERY car has problems of one sort or another, or maybe you are just one very lucky chappie, will you buy my next car for me? ;)

I'm a Megane fan and even I find this hard to believe, all those cars and no problems? EVERY car has problems of one sort or another, or maybe you are just one very lucky chappie, will you buy my next car for me? ;)

Yeah, all those cars and ZERO problems? Sounds like lack of discernment to me:P...

I'm trying to think of something good to say about Renaults...the tiddlers - Twingo & Renault aren't bad. And against my better judgement I kinda like the new Laguna - interior is very classy and it hasn't grown to whale-size proportions like the Mondeo. I wouldn't buy one mind;)...

The 'classic' ones are kinda interesting and left-of-centre but since the 9/11 were launched in the early 80s they're (mostly) just French Toyotas without the reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Have to say I agree, it looks just like the astra. French cars are famous for their style and comfort and imfamous for reliability issues, get rid of the style and .........

It's actually a Kia cee'd

if we're being fussy!

Does a big diamond flash up on YOURS whenever Renault is mentioned:confused:? Because you're in like a flash whenever Renault is criticised! .

I actually manage to post here most days so I'm always around. I dont recall any posts from Junkyard in the last few weeks. He only seems to pop up at "convenient" times.

I actually manage to post here most days so I'm always around. I dont recall any posts from Junkyard in the last few weeks. He only seems to pop up at "convenient" times.

Sorry about that Stekelly, I forgot to tell you I was on holidays since 17th of July but I'm back now so any other "Renault" business? I'll be happy to oblige.;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Cant be any more unreliable than the previous generation of Renault I guess. Wonder will it have as many gimmicks to go wrong?

I forgot to tell you I was on holidays since 17th of July

The motor trade mustn't be in such dire straits as we're led to believe;)

Actually your particular niche in the motor trade (which remains a bit of a mystery) will probably benefit from people holding on to their cars longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Very bland for a French car imo.

Citroen seem to have the market cornered at the moment with regards stylish French cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Maybe I am lucky then but apart from routine servicing, I've never, ever, not once had a breakdown in any Renault, neither has the wife, my father or my mother. Are we exceptionally lucky then?:rolleyes: I don't think so. In fact, on the two occasions that I did have breakdowns, I was driving a Toyota Corolla on the first breakdown (drive shaft fell off one of the best built cars in the world - shock horror) and an Opel Corsa (electrical fault).

I will admit that the last generation of Laguna had reports of some serious electrical problems but the two people I know who've owned one had no complaints.

Pity Renault are becoming so conservative with their designs. The new Laguna is too bland and is no match for the Mondeo while the new Megane is instantly forgettable which you could never say for my current 5 door megane hatch. At least my car stands out from all the other bland euroboxes in a car park.

Stands back and awaits the charge of the Renault bashers. So before you all get up on the tall horse, can you tell me what make doesn't suffer reliability problems on at least some of their models as I've seen even Mercs, Beemers etc being towed.

Advertisement