Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work hard, live fast, enjoy every minute!

Options
  • 03-09-2008 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭

Been meaning to start one of these for a while now. I have been keeping a written log for about a month now and its great to see the progress. Thought I'd post my workout up here for some extra motivation.

I'm 20 years old and last time I checked was 75kg (2 or 3 weeks ago...). I've been training for a about a year now but have only really started looking after my diet and what exercises I'm doing for the last 5 or 6 months now. I only recently adjusted my diet to get alot more calories in as I was definatley not getting enough in for what I wanted. Bulking!

I plan on gaining at least 15kg of muscle by january and then cutting down and trimming up (that the right word?).

I'm about 6' maybe 5' 11" havn't actually measured myself in about 5 years. I train at the gym 3 days a week focusing on free weights and the big compound movements. I also do Bujinkan on Tuesday evenings. Only started on that few weeks ago. Its tough starting out. I'd love to do it on Saturdays aswell but I have work most saturdays.

Anyway down to what I done today.

Squat (got to watch my form on this)
    5*20*2
    5*30
    3*40
    2*50
    5*70*3

Deadlift (got to watch my form on this)
    5*20*2
    5*30
    3*40
    2*50
    5*70

Bench Press (up weight next time)
    5*20*2
    5*30
    3*40
    2*50
    5*60*3

Military Press (feel like I'm leaning back to much)
    5*10*2
    5*15
    3*20
    2*25
    5*37.5*2

Leg Raise (the one were you bring your legs upto your head. Different name?)

Barbell Curl
    12*20
    10*25
    8*30

Bent-Over Row
    14*30
    12*35
    10*40
    5*45

I intended on doing chin ups and cable curls but was wiped after all that so hit the steam room. Ah the reward for hitting the gym :).

Advertisement