Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intelligentsia Group Buy

• 03-09-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hey, I've seen a group have done this before so I thought I'd suggest another go. If your interested then let pop your name down and we can sort out the details after that. I'd love to get a bag of black cat but the more people we get in the more varieties we could get. REACTOR's already expressed an interest so it must be a good idea!
    All costs will be split in the most decent and honest way...:)
    Cheers!
    PS maybe put down an estimate of how much you'd be interested in getting too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Would be interested. Work colleague also interested so would be looking at 3xBlackcat and 1xKidO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I'd be in for 2x 1lb of Black Cat.

Whoever ends up taking delivery (and I don't mind who) needs to be sure everyone will be able to get their coffee on the day of delivery.

Also would be best if the order was placed on the weekend or early in the week (Monday/Tuesday) to avoid a late week dispatch, and a delay due to customs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'll take 2 of the Black Cat also please. Will you be looking for CoD or how do you want it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

2lbs of Black Cat would be great about now, nothing else I have at the moment is even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I'll take 2lbs of Black Cat too... PM me to arange payment/collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

OK guys, well theres obviously interest there so I think its a goer! Here's what I propose so let me kow if you have any further suggestions or problems;
    1. "Enrolment" ends this Friday 5th September and I'll place the order on Saturday so its despatched Monday.
    2. All costs are split equally, as in if you order 2lbs and we get 13lbs you pay 2/13ths of the overall cost. I know some bags are 50c more or less but if you guys dont mind i dont mind
    3. When we take delivery collection can be made from IFSC/Connolly Station Dublin on the day, Dun Laoghaire that evening and IFSC the day after. I'm being an arogant dub by presuming that everyone is dublin based...?
    Eh, I had more ideas but I'm all out. I can give you my paypal details by PM too. I'm new to this loop so if you guys would prefer to go through a more established fo***** thats AOK with me. I'm just in it for the beans! Let me know, cheers

For some reason the word "fo*****" came through as fo*****??? I wasnt being offensive :confused:

ch2008 wrote: »
    OK guys, well theres obviously interest there so I think its a goer! Here's what I propose so let me kow if you have any further suggestions or problems;
    1. "Enrolment" ends this Friday 5th September and I'll place the order on Saturday so its despatched Monday.
    2. All costs are split equally, as in if you order 2lbs and we get 13lbs you pay 2/13ths of the overall cost. I know some bags are 50c more or less but if you guys dont mind i dont mind
    3. When we take delivery collection can be made from IFSC/Connolly Station Dublin on the day, Dun Laoghaire that evening and IFSC the day after. I'm being an arogant dub by presuming that everyone is dublin based...?

All fine by me. I'm no Dub, but I'm there semi-regularly so no probs.
    Eh, I had more ideas but I'm all out. I can give you my paypal details by PM too. I'm new to this loop so if you guys would prefer to go through a more established fo***** thats AOK with me. I'm just in it for the beans! Let me know, cheers

What word was it, I can't figure it out. Leave out one letter or change the 'o' to a number '0' :)

Ha, it was F-O-R-U-M-E-R. Why cant I write fo*****??

ch2008 wrote: »
    Ha, it was F-O-R-U-M-E-R. Why cant I write fo*****??

Strange one. It may be something to do with 'those that cannot be named' I can't make a connection though (the sticky on the front of each forum).

Instant
    Decaf

Nope not filtered yet....

• Advertisement

I had offered to act as the importer before. AFAIK and reactor can confirm I have one of the group working close by and am on the route home of another.

Your Order

item
    quantity
    price
    total price
    Black Cat Blend; Whole Bean (wb)
    $14.00
    $168.00
    Kid O's Organic Espresso; Whole Bean (wb)
    $15.00
    $15.00
    SUBTOTAL
    $183.00
    UPS Express
    Shipping
    $124.75
    TOTAL
    $307.75

Orders
    Seaside 3 BC
    1 KO
    Reactor 2 BC
    Mr Magnolia 2 BC
    Hshortt 2 BC
    Slaphead 2 BC
    Charmon 1 BC

So that works out at just over EUR16.50 a pound so we'll go with that. You can pay me by paypal or in cash on the day of delivery, i dont mind. PM me and I'll let you know my details. Thanks for the prompt replies guys, looking forward to this already. BTW anyone had the pleasure of trying 49th Parallel yet? Could be interesting for the next group buy??

http://www.49thparallelroasters.com/

Super. Cheers ch2008. Looking forward to it. I'll have a read of the 49th.

Also, customs hit us the last time so it could work out at ~ €20/bag.

Coffee beans are zero VAT rated

http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/services/tax_info/vatrate/P02030.htm

"Coffee attracts no taxation, VAT or duty, unlike wine, which is heavily taxed in Ireland. " from http://www.galwayadvertiser.ie/content/index.php?aid=13715

If we are stung for duty maybe best to pay so as not to delay and then get a refund after.

Do you have the receipt for the duty on the last batch?

08082008(002).jpg

Don't know much about 49th but I'd be up for trying anything anytime.

ch2008 - will pay on the day if you don't mind - easier when the full cost including customs / vat taken into account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Ditto for me, just divide up the bill when you get them and let us know the cost, I'll get via paypal or cash at your choice.

Cheers

me too. let me know how to pay and where to collect

Cash is fine by me, i'm an old fashioned kinda guy. Heard good things bout 49th, set up by the Piccolo bros former owners of Cafe Artigiano and have a great record in WBC and Canadian championships. I'll PM you guys all contact info

• Advertisement

I'd be up for the 49th purchase in maybe a forthnight.

Paradise Rosters also do international orders.

Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yetAre we there yet

Are we there yet
    Are we there yet
    Are we there yet

:eek:

Sorry guys, no sign yet. The UPS website aint giving me any info and Intelli are being helpful if slightly smartarsed....

Good Afternoon!

It looks like the delivery method you picked would be the fastest that we offer for shipments to Ireland. The next step up is sending a guy that’s attached to a coffee-filled briefcase via a handcuff, a shipping method we no longer use as the recent worldwide briefcase shortage has made it prohibitively expensive.

Thanks for your order! Please let me know if there’s anything else I could do for you.

Best Regards,

Steve

Oh, and could somebody (maybe even slaphead!) text me Slapheads number so I can notify him/her of delivery.

Cheers

$175 for shipping that is guaranteed 2 day to Europe.

Here's the UPS page for the service http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/express.html

If it doesn't get delivered within their comitted time do we get a refund?

I'd impress this upon Intelli.

That's some attitude.

Did you get a tracking number? There's not much you can do about it so don't sweat it.

3pm now - I assume if it hasn't been delivered yet today it won't.
    Something very awry with this. Either UPS have lost it, or Intelli were telling fibs about when it was sent.
    I've never had any trouble with UPS before.

Hey guys, well after many emails and a rather confusing phone conversation this is the general jist of it...

Its left Chicago, I know that much, but 3-5 days delivery is what USPS say so its tomorrow or Monday unfortunately.

I am extremely sorry about the frustration this shipment is causing.

The main part of our confusion stems from a miscommunication over the shipping method used to send your order. Recently, we made the switch from UPS to the USPS on all international orders in order to save our customers money. Your order, for example, would cost a minimum of $214.80 USD to ship using UPS, nearly $100 more than what was paid. We shipped your order via USPS Express Guaranteed, the fastest way to get the order to Ireland. Our website should have reflected this change and I’m sorry it didn’t.

A second part of the confusion comes from the tracking number. Your correct tracking number is *********. Two labels were made for your order and I’m afraid that I sent on the label number that we canceled.

If there’s anything else that I could do, please let me know. Once again, I’m very sorry about all of the frustration that this is causing.

Best Regards,

S

I call bullshít on Intelli.

No way it would cost $214 with UPS.

My previous order was:

Order #102009 ordered on August 6, 2008, 9:12 am

Subtotal $160.00
    UPS Express Shipping $114.25
    Total $274.25

Which is inline with the price of the current order, and was delivered in 2 days with UPS.

Also on your receipt (previous page) it says UPS Express.

Either I got "gifted" the UPS service or they're pissing us about.

(obviously not your fault Colin).

• Advertisement

Furthermore Global Express Guaranteed is a 1-3 day service.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/IntlMailServices.aspx?Country=10210&M=2&P=13&O=0&sd=1

The 5 day service is "Express Mail International" and should only cost $78.

Advertisement