Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intelligentsia Group Buy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Further efforts this evening haven't improved matters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Same, it seems to be a little more complex than the last blend. There is a slightly bitter after thought to it that wasn't there the last time.

I had more success this morning. Roughly 14g dose, 50ml volume, and I'd say slightly cooler temp than normal (may have flushed slightly more than I normally do). The result was very chocolatey without being bitter, velvety body. Very different to previous experience with BC, but very nice.

I had been doing roughly 18g 40ml shots, which had worked well for me on the previous incarnation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Collected mine from ch2008 last night, thanks very much for the effort you put into getting this organised, I'm sure it's a pain in the ....

Regarding flavour, I find it woody for some reason. Still a wonderful coffee and surpasses the beans I'd normally use.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Again huge thanks to ch2008, that was more hassle than you ever expected but it's very much appreciated.

It's a nice coffee alright, woody and velvety as was said above.. nice subtle aftertaste too.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭ch2008

Hey guys,
    sorry for not posting earlier. The same gremlins that derailed our coffee have messed up my laptop so I'm without any internet for the time being. Just thought I'd give belated kudos to rector for goin all the way over to santry to collect the package after Fed Ex decided to hang onto it for a day extra for no apparent reason. If it wasnt for him it'd prob still be there so big thanks to reactor, much appreciated.
    As far as the coffee goes I'll post a bigger review later but I was very impressed by the black cat. Darker roast than I expected and a decent enough espresso shot. Really comes into its own with milk though. Had many a fine cortado....
    Anyway, I'll be in touch soon. Cheers!

Due to a bumper delivery from hasbean, a bag of our own beans, a weekend away, and a series of six day weeks, I just realised that I hadnt finished the Black Cat. So....I popped it into the grinder this morning and wow! Everything was there, fragrance, aroma, mouthfeel and with milk it was amazing. Not what i would recommend doing with all beans but somehow leaving them in your press for a month seems to suit this blend down to the ground.

ch2008 wrote: »
    Due to a bumper delivery from hasbean, a bag of our own beans, a weekend away, and a series of six day weeks, I just realised that I hadnt finished the Black Cat. So....I popped it into the grinder this morning and wow! Everything was there, fragrance, aroma, mouthfeel and with milk it was amazing. Not what i would recommend doing with all beans but somehow leaving them in your press for a month seems to suit this blend down to the ground.

I still have a bag that immediately went into the freezer. It's not that it's bad per se, just not what I had previously with it, which had some acidity, almost berry like to the fore, balanced by the big deep chocolate notes.

I'm starting to think the Norweigans are the way to go. That style is more what I want to drink every day. Got some coffees from Supreme Roastworks in Norway that absolutely blew my socks off. Also plan to make a buy off the Coffee Collective in Denmark.

Ha, you read my mind! Was literally just looking up the Coffee Collective site this morning. The webshop is in Danish though. I hate danish....

Anyway, I think a lighter roast would be a nice way to go so I'm all on for a scandinavian buy. I believe Klaus Thomsen of 2006 WBC fame is involved there so should be good.

• Advertisement

$250?? Seems steep...! Here, why dont we see who's interested and email them for a quote including postage....along with some free memorabilia/merchandise for good measure :D

Their cups aren't bad either. If we got 6 people we could get 6 espresso, 6 cappuccino and split them up as well as whatever beans...

sounds like a plan to me. I'll post a new thread so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I opened my second bag of Black Cat yesterday evening and, as somebody else already said here, a little rest seems to have improved it a lot. Smoother, more chocolate and no bitterness. Yum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement