Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking permit - Grosvenor Lodge, Rathmines

Options
  • 03-09-2008 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I'm wondering can anyone help me out... I am living in grosvenor lodge in rathmines, which recently introduced permit only parking. I've asked our property agent where to get a visitor permit but she told me to ring another agency, which i cannot find in the phone book or on the internet.
    Most of my friends from home drive up but now cannot park outside and the clampers are always around (a friend of my housemate was clamped at 10.40 pm one thurs evening outside here) so Id really appreciate any help on where i can apply.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

i dont know if this helps, but citizensadvice says "you can get a resident's permit from the traffic division of your local authority that allows you to park on your street."
    Doesnt give any phone numbers:o

http://citizensinformation.ie/categories/travel-and-recreation/traffic-and-parking/parking_fines_and_vehicle_clamping/?searchterm=parking%20permit

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What is this other agency called? Who is doing the clamping? What do the signs say? Is the road in the charge of the council or is it still private?

If it is in the charge of the council, then you need to appply to the council, see here: http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/ResidentsParking/Pages/ResidentsParking.aspx

There are strong documentary requirements. Once you apply, ask them for visitor permits to tide you over until you get your actual permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shellstar

I think the agency is called wyatt property or something similar to that. Its not dublin council responsible as far as I know,its a private company. The signs do not say who is responsible for the parking permits only that the management company accepts no responsibility for damage caused during clamping.
    It is only a visitor permit I want - I dont have a car.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,698 ✭✭✭jd

The permits may have been sent to the registered owner of the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is there a phone number on the signs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shellstar

no the phone number isnt on the signs... Nor is the name of the property agent...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheGap

Hiya Shell, we must be neighbours!!

Yeah its a real pain that they brought in clampers. I wouldnt mind so much if they didnt clamp on the wknd, but my sis called over a sat night and left her car and it was clamped on sunday....and there was plenty of spaces to make it worse. No need for it really. Adding no service at the wknd. It was getting a bit full before the clamps came along, but when friends, etc are dropping over and they clamp its a bit frustrating.

Anyway, I still have the clamp sticker that they put on her car. Its APCOA and for clamp release its 0818462888, btw sis name is shell too miracuously (not sure of spelling!!)

Best of luck and wouldnt mind hearing if you do get some visitors passes, could use them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 baseljacko

I live in the same place. to get parking permits ring APCOA on 01 6516912 or write to them at 11 Millbank Business Park, Lucan, Co Dublin. They only clamp between 8am and 6pm Monday to Saturday and not on a Sunday. If you are renting the permits are €5 each i think. The Clamping as got nothing to do with the Property Agent (Wyse). The only reason they brought in the clamping is the the residents could not getting parking in evenings as outsiders were coming in and parking for free

Advertisement